Pagan Symbols and Customs adopted by Christianity

Haz, just how many bells did Christ walk around ringing? Find the passage in the Bible where Christ and His family sat around the fire roasting chestnuts and singing Christmas carols.......

Missing the point - the modern practice of Christianity, Christmas, Easter, symbols and practices all borrow heavily from paganism.

Many modern evangelicals are taught such a distorted history of Christianity and how the Bible was written and edited -- it's important that when practicing a religion you understand the origins of the traditions.

They reformed the practices, as in re-formed, not borrowed.

Most modern evangelicals do their own homework during a lifetime of study and are well versed on the origin of the Bible, the originals, the transfers to other languages, and are fully aware of any rewrites. Understanding is important when practicing anything. Preachers are no different. :eusa_angel:

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred.

you need to stop pasting the same stupid bullshit in multiple threads......granted you don't know what you're talking about, but that's no excuse to copy and paste stuff from other people who don't know what they're talking about.....

Modeled by whom, using what materials?

My opinion? The Church was modeled by people using Time and the resources, including human resources, available when and where the work was done.

It's a fool who believes that no part of The Church, both Protestant and Catholic, was built without spilling blood and using slaves.

????....well sorry, but my church is on a corner four blocks from my house.....which slaves were used to build it?......

Christianity, Muslims & Jews all come from Abraham supposedly. Before the new testament there was the old testament. The old testament was ok with slavery. So, if your religion is a spin off of jewdism, and Jewdism was made up/invented by the people of that time, then most likely so was the new testament.

nice, but immaterial....there were people who didn't believe in God who owned slaves as well........therefore I suppose you would also say that atheism was built upon slavery..........now, document what was claimed...that the protestant church was built using slaves.....

Last edited:
The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time.

except you know what....there really aren't.....that's actually just a lie that atheists keep repeating to make themselves feel better.....and every time someone tries to prove there is I have demonstrated they are idiots and they run away and hide......want to be next?.....

Last edited:
The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred.

you need to stop pasting the same stupid bullshit in multiple threads......granted you don't know what you're talking about, but that's no excuse to copy and paste stuff from other people who don't know what they're talking about.....

oops ... You meant this post for gismys.

To all, It is Fact, centuries ago pagan additives were allowed in at Catholicism councils-- practices still done to this day by every single trinity based religion on earth--they fail to teach this important truth to the flock---- 1 Corinthians 10:21-- One cannot partake of the table of God and the table of demons. Jesus' real teachers warn of the pagan practices in the worlds celebrations --keeping babalonish practices alive to this day. God referred to worldwide false religions as Babylon the great. Jesus taught to be no part of this world and that is a major part of the world. The practices in both celebrations to Jesus are filled with pagan practices--guaranteeing Jesus would not accept it at all. He has 0 to do with the table of demons--his followers as well. His real teachers know its truth.

Last edited:
Missing the point - the modern practice of Christianity, Christmas, Easter, symbols and practices all borrow heavily from paganism.

Many modern evangelicals are taught such a distorted history of Christianity and how the Bible was written and edited -- it's important that when practicing a religion you understand the origins of the traditions.

Most modern evangelicals do their own homework during a lifetime of study and are well versed on the origin of the Bible, the originals, the transfers to other languages, and are fully aware of any rewrites. Understanding is important when practicing anything. Preachers are no different. :eusa_angel:

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

I believe you are comparing old false religions with new false religions.
Jesus was not God--That is not a true teaching.
Trinity translations are erred--they contradict Jesus' teachings.
Jesus teaches he has a God, his Father-John 20:17, rev 3:12--So does Paul-- 2 Corinthians 1:3, 1 Cor 8:6, 1 Cor 15:24-28--So does John(Anointed) Rev 1:6--subtle errors make it look as a possible trinity. To fit Catholicism council teachings.

Last edited:

Jesus teaches he has a God, his Father-John 20:17, rev 3:12--So does Paul-- 2 Corinthians 1:3, 1 Cor 8:6, 1 Cor 15:24-28--So does John(Anointed) Rev 1:6--subtle errors make it look as a possible trinity. To fit Catholicism council teachings.

I expect you don't think much of the gospel of John, do you......

I like the candles, the incense, the vestments, the Holy Days, the Saints and Apostles, Mother Mary and all the rest. When I hear a Latin hymn I feel at peace. I understand all this was borrowed from the pagans, but so what?

I like the candles, the incense, the vestments, the Holy Days, the Saints and Apostles, Mother Mary and all the rest. When I hear a Latin hymn I feel at peace. I understand all this was borrowed from the pagans, but so what?

yeah, it's all about the feel good experience...nothing wrong with that, I love Ava maria...

yeah, it's all about the feel good experience...nothing wrong with that, I love Ava maria...

Ave Maria kills me. It's almost like my heart is breaking when I hear that song.

For me, Ave Maria conjures up images of assassins and murder :)

The majority of it wasn't borrowed from pagans. They didn't practice pagan rituals that they borrowed. For the Catholics, the things you mentioned got their start because of the other thing you mentioned, Latin.
No matter where the message was being preached, it was preached in Latin. People went and sat in church and didn't understand one word. And they weren't allowed to own their own Bibles, so the church started using statues of Mary and Jesus, and the cross, and the stations, to represent what they were hearing, and to help them understand the message. While I may not agree with all of Catholic's doctrine, I think it's peaceful too. :eusa_angel:

The OP is wrong. Christianity is modeled after Christ. Had Constantine never been born, it would still be modeled after Christ.
A church in town has a party for kids on Halloween. They have renamed it Harvest day instead. Christians can celebrate Christ on Halloween or Harvest day, on the 24 of Dec. or the 25, or the 26th.
No pagan rituals necessary. That some have chosen to replace pagan holidays with Christ is of no consequence to Christ. Celebrate Him today. There must be a pagan ritual out there somewhere we can usurp......

My opinion? The Church was modeled by people using Time and the resources, including human resources, available when and where the work was done.

It's a fool who believes that no part of The Church, both Protestant and Catholic, was built without spilling blood and using slaves.

????....well sorry, but my church is on a corner four blocks from my house.....which slaves were used to build it?......

Dude... if you're going to use Non sequitur, it should be funny.

I don't know you well, but I know you well enough to know that you're not so thick as to misunderstand the historical term "The Church".

I expect you don't think much of the gospel of John, do you......

I know it well--In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with (HO) Theos, and the word was Theos---Only word for God-god in greek----- The word was not being called HO Theos--THE GOD---just Theos--small g god---biblical talk that carries the meaning has godlike qualities--because Gods power went through Jesus.( acts 2:22) One of trinity errors not explaining John 1:1 truthfully. And putting a capitol G-GOD in place of reality.

For me, Ave Maria conjures up images of assassins and murder :)

What is a lack of faith????? a supposed leader of God surrounding himself with an army of swiss killers. pre determined vengeance, pre determined killing if it came to that. = spiritual darkness.

Dude... if you're going to use Non sequitur, it should be funny.

I don't know you well, but I know you well enough to know that you're not so thick as to misunderstand the historical term "The Church".

sorry....when I respond to bullshit I find it hard to be serious......I'm a protestant....I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which slaves built my Church.....(historical term intended)....for that matter, even the claim that slaves built the Catholic Church is merely another ignorant atheist meme.....

Forum List

Back