Relative Ages of World's Religions

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Relative%20Ages%20of%20World%20Religions%20Timeline.pdf

As you can see, Christianity is a relatively young religion, just like Islam.

I believe they are the only two that believe in the notion of "follow us or go to hell" -- a nice marketing plan.

How-Old.jpg

It seems arrogant of Christians to think they are the one and only answer--being so young and full of pride -- very sinful.

I believe they are the only two that believe in the notion of "follow us or go to hell" -- a nice marketing plan.

Lawrence Krauss would say "There is a complete lack of evidence for the other 999 gods, so how likely is it that the jesus god is real?".

How-Old.jpg

It seems arrogant of Christians to think they are the one and only answer--being so young and full of pride -- very sinful.

/shrugs.....I expect you're under 80 and you think you know better than Christianity......

I think anyone intelligent knows better than christianity as soon as they reach the age of young adult. Unfortunately that is also when a lot of young impressionable minds "find" jesus or buddha or Mohammad.

How-Old.jpg

/shrugs.....I expect you're under 80 and you think you know better than Christianity......

I think anyone intelligent knows better than christianity as soon as they reach the age of young adult. Unfortunately that is also when a lot of young impressionable minds "find" jesus or buddha or Mohammad.

thus demonstrating the inherent falsehood of your conclusion.....

Atheists are a funny bunch. They feel they are so much "smarter" than others then post drivel like this. Makes one wonder where they get their sense of superiority. They remind me of the American Idol people who think they can sing but sound like cats fighting in the back yard.

Just simply delusional.

How-Old.jpg

Christianity has many beautiful stories with powerful messages.

Christian philosophy of love, tolerance, charity -- all wonderful. Too bad many "Christians" don't embrace it.

It's a relatively young religion, that's my point.

Kind of arrogant to believe you have all the answers.

Lawrence Krauss would say "There is a complete lack of evidence for the other 999 gods, so how likely is it that the jesus god is real?".

I believe they're all real -- real human creative expressions attempting to explain and understand the infinite.

How-Old.jpg

Christian philosophy of love, tolerance, charity -- all wonderful. Too bad many "Christians" don't embrace it.

how many answers do you have?.....

Worth mentioning, both Islam and Christianity are derived from Judaism, and Judaism doesn't say you have to be Jewish or else. Nor does it have hell for the that matter. Catholicism invented hell if it came from anyone in particular.

How-Old.jpg

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'
Gandhi

how many answers do you have?.....

Since christianity doesn't have any answers, one wonders why some people hang on to the belief in a god long after they're old enough to know better.

Fascinating phenomenon.

How-Old.jpg

Help me understand: Is this thread about the arrogance of anyone who believes they have all the answers, or about how any new religion is inherently flawed by virtue of it being new? Or am I missing the purpose of this thread entirely?

Help me understand: Is this thread about the arrogance of anyone who believes they have all the answers, or about how any new religion is inherently flawed by virtue of it being new? Or am I missing the purpose of this thread entirely?

Reread the thread and then if you're still confused I will answer your question --

Keep in mind, all of the above is a valid answer.

Forum List

Back