End Times: The Door-Buster Soul-saver Sale for Evangelical

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
END TIMES and END OF DAY fear-mongering is used by evangelicals to drive up profits through contribution from scared-shitless "Christians".

It's brilliant really.

Scare the living crap out of people, tell them they are running out of time and better get saved while they can -- and the quickest way to get saved is to GIVE, GIVE, GIVE….

Look at at any weekend newspaper store advertisement and you'll see: While Supplies Last, or Now until Midnight Sunday.-- advertisers creating a compelling opportunity and time window to fulfill that need.

Religion has used this technique throughout the ages.

Buying Salvation.

END TIMES and END OF DAY fear-mongering is used by evangelicals to drive up profits through contribution from scared-shitless "Christians".

It's brilliant really.

Scare the living crap out of people, tell them they are running out of time and better get saved while they can -- and the quickest way to get saved is to GIVE, GIVE, GIVE….

Look at at any weekend newspaper store advertisement and you'll see: While Supplies Last, or Now until Midnight Sunday.-- advertisers creating a compelling opportunity and time window to fulfill that need.

Buying Salvation.

Kind of like Global Warming Scares, except instead of $$ they want governmental power.

Haz, are you scared to death by death? I don't know of any Christians that are so afraid that Christ is going to return and and bring peace on earth, that they'd pay good money, to what, try to prevent it?
Salvation through Christ is a gift, with no strings attached.
Try it for free, and if not completely satisfied, return the unused portion for free...........

Want a sevenfold return on your investment? Tithe it to a church and God promises to return your investment with more interest than you would ever get from the bank you give your money to. Fees Fees Fees, Give Give Give. Where is your bank thread?

Last edited:

It's brilliant really.

Buying Salvation.

Sorta like terrorism. And drugs. And immigration. And income inequality. etc... etc...

They're really no different than the nutter on the street corner.

professions-crazy-insane-street_crazy-preacher-street_preachers-ggm091006l.jpg

Actually, I'm gonna amend that. Evangelists ARE different from the street nutters in that the evangelist will happily take every cent you have.

Remember the guy who kept coming up with one date after another of when the end would come? People signed over everything they had to him. They were dead broke but he'd just name another date.

Actually, I'm gonna amend that. Evangelists ARE different from the street nutters in that the evangelist will happily take every cent you have.

Remember the guy who kept coming up with one date after another of when the end would come? People signed over everything they had to him. They were dead broke but he'd just name another date.

Odd that. I've been a Christian all my life as were my parents and I still have my money. And theirs. God must keep His promise.

The "guy" you refer to was an uneducated Christian, who mislead his flock. Christ warns against a lack of knowledge. Had the 'guy' stood not on his own understanding, his equally uninformed congregation would have kept their belongings until they saw Israel become a Nation in one day, and the Temple rebuilt.

Their lack of knowledge was their fault, not Christ's.

It's brilliant really.

Buying Salvation.

Hazlenut,

My church doesn't want your money. My church would probably do more for you than you could do for them.

The second issue is that no one knows when God will return but I do know that when we die, we will see God.

I stopped buying a lot of academic Christian books and I write my own material and if truth be told, you can learn a lot from the Bible if you study it yourself. The point is, you are supposed to grow up as a Christian and be able to read the scripture for yourself instead of always buy someone else's books.

Chuck

It's brilliant really.

Buying Salvation.

We're all going to face our own "end time." Someday ... you and I and everyone else on earth is going to pass away. That's a fact of life that you simply can't change. Is that "fear mongering?" Not at all. It's truth!

Even science (the law of entropy - 2nd law of thermodynamics) states that the earth must have an end. The law of decay is in action at this very moment. The really cool thing is that Christianity teaches that there will be a restoration of the body (of the believer) and of the earth. That's hardly "fear mongering." That should cause any heart to leap for joy. Science offers no such hope.

You realize that when Christ comes we have a 1000 years of peace and happiness right? You really think any of us are afraid of that?

It's brilliant really.

Buying Salvation.

so hazelnut. why do I keep getting all these requests for donations from left wing nut sites like moveon, momsrising, bloombergs anti gun sites begging for donations by trying to instill fear in me the evil cons are destroying America? liberal politics total fearmongers

It's brilliant really.

Buying Salvation.

so hazelnut. why do I keep getting all these requests for donations from left wing nut sites like moveon, momsrising, bloombergs anti gun sites begging for donations by trying to instill fear in me the evil cons are destroying America? liberal politics total fearmongers

because you signed up for the wrong mailing lists.....

Forum List

Back