OWS clowns

Here is a list from 2009.

Freedom, Liberty, Strength Through Knowledge
THE MANY FACES OF ACORN
Posted on September 26, 2009. Filed under: Enemies of The State, General Info, Watchdog Tools | Tags: abuse of power, Acorn, ACORN AFFILIATES, ACORN FAMILY, citizen watchdogs, Government Abuse, government corruption, government watchdogs, Rathke, SEIU, STAMP OUT CORRUPTION, take back America, Watchdogs |

Below please find a list of ACORN Affiliates A list of ACORN branch names and addresses is published seperately on this site ACORN and Sister Orgs Address List A-Z « Soldier For Liberty . I would appreciate the cooperation of all Watchdogs, Corruption Fighters, Truth Seekers, Dragon Slayers and Sleuths to track down facts that up until now were hidden from view. These may include back door Congressional dealing, under the table funding, extortion payments, etc.. Please use tools listed on this site, to the right of this column under Citizen Tools to unearth the web of deceit. The government is supposedly in the process of cutting ties with ACORN. You know, and I know, they will merely find another way to do it from the shadows. Let’s work together to stop them in their tracks. Please. Also, it is my belief the government will fund acorn through the banks from here on out. After all ACORN and the banks have a cozy history and the government now owns the banks. See this FOR WATCHDOGS- HOW BANKS WORK WITH ACORN « Soldier For Liberty to find out how BofA worked with ACORN. Please keep that in mind while you are searching. I have chosen not to publish where I came upon the list of Affiliates as things have been disappearing from the web of late.

385 Palmetto Street Housing Fund Corp.
4415 San Jacinto Street Co
ACORN
ACORN 2004 Housing Development Fund Corp.
ACORN 2005 Housing Development Fund Corp.
ACORN Associates
ACORN Beneficial Association
ACORN Beverly Y LLC
ACORN Campaign Services
ACORN Campaign To Raise The Minimum Wage
ACORN Center for Housing, Inc.
ACORN Children’s Beneficial Association
ACORN Community Land Association
ACORN Community Land Association of IL
ACORN Community Land Association of LA
ACORN Community Land Association of PA
ACORN Community Labor Organizing Center
ACORN Cultural Trust
ACORN Dumont-Snediker Housing Development Fund Corp
ACORN Fair Housing
ACORN Fund
ACORN Housing Corp.
ACORN Housing Corp. of IL
ACORN Housing Corp. of MO
ACORN Housing Corp. of PA
ACORN Institute
ACORN Law for Education, Representation, and Training
ACORN Management Corp.
ACORN National Broadcasting Network
ACORN Services
ACORN Television In Action For Communities
ACORN Tenant Union Training and Organizing Project
ACORN Tenants Union
Affiliated Media Foundation Movement
Agape Broadcasting Foundation, Inc.
American Evironmental Justice Project, Inc.
American Home Childcare Providers Association
American Institute for Social Justice
Arizona ACORN Housing Corp.
Arkansas Broadcasting Foundation
Association for the Rights of Citizens, Inc.
Associated Regional Maintenance Systems
Austin Organizing and Support Center
Baltimore Organizing and Support Center
Boston Organizing and Support Center
Broad Street Corp.
California Community Network
Chicago Organizing and Support Center
Chief Organizer Fund
Child Care Providers for Action Franklin
Citizens Action Research Project
Citizens Campaign for Work, Living Wage and Labor Peace
Citizens Consulting, Inc ( or CCI )
Citizens Campaign for Finance Reform
Colorado ACORN Housing Corp.
Crescent City Broadcasting Corp.
Desert Rose Homes, Inc.
Dumont Avenue Housing Development Fund
Elysian Fields Corp., Inc.
Elysian Fields Partnership
Fifteenth Street Corp.
Floridians for All PAC
Franklin ACORN Housing
Greenville Community Charter School, Inc.
Greenwell Springs Corp.
Hospitality Hotel and Restaurant Organizing Council (HOTROC)
Houston Organizing and Support Center
KABF Radio
KNON Radio
Labor Neighbor Reasearch and Training Center, Inc.
Living Wage Resource Center
Louisiana ACORN Fair Housing
Massachusetts ACORN Housing Corp.
Metro Technical Institute
Missouri Tax Justice Research Project
Montana Radio Network
Mott Have ACORN Housing Development Fund Corp.
Mutual Housing Association of New York, Inc.
National Center for Jobs and Justice
New Mexico Organizing and Support Center
New Orleans Community Housing Organization
New York ACORN Housing Company, Inc.
New York Agency for Community Affairs, Inc.
Orgainzers Forum
Pennsylvania Institute for Community Affairs
People’s Equipment Resource Corp.
Phoenix Organizing and Support Center
Project Vote
SEIU Local 100
SEIU Local 880
Service Workers Action Team
Shrevport Community Television
Site Fighters
Sixth Avenue Corp.
Social Policy
Southern Training Center
St. Louis Organizing and Support Center
St. Louis Tax Reform Group
Texas ACORN Housing Corp
Wal-Mart Workers Association
Wal-Mart Association for Reform Now
Working Families Association
A Community Resource Network
ACORN Foundation
ACORN International
Cypress ACORN Housing Development Fund, Inc.
Mermetau Elderly Housing Corp.
THE MANY FACES OF ACORN « Soldier For Liberty

I'm not sure what you're point is. Yes, there are many organizations that were affiliated with ACORN. So what?

Try comparing what they take from the system, as opposed to what they put in. While you are at it, grow up.

Here is a list from 2009.

Freedom, Liberty, Strength Through Knowledge
THE MANY FACES OF ACORN
Posted on September 26, 2009. Filed under: Enemies of The State, General Info, Watchdog Tools | Tags: abuse of power, Acorn, ACORN AFFILIATES, ACORN FAMILY, citizen watchdogs, Government Abuse, government corruption, government watchdogs, Rathke, SEIU, STAMP OUT CORRUPTION, take back America, Watchdogs |

Below please find a list of ACORN Affiliates A list of ACORN branch names and addresses is published seperately on this site ACORN and Sister Orgs Address List A-Z « Soldier For Liberty . I would appreciate the cooperation of all Watchdogs, Corruption Fighters, Truth Seekers, Dragon Slayers and Sleuths to track down facts that up until now were hidden from view. These may include back door Congressional dealing, under the table funding, extortion payments, etc.. Please use tools listed on this site, to the right of this column under Citizen Tools to unearth the web of deceit. The government is supposedly in the process of cutting ties with ACORN. You know, and I know, they will merely find another way to do it from the shadows. Let’s work together to stop them in their tracks. Please. Also, it is my belief the government will fund acorn through the banks from here on out. After all ACORN and the banks have a cozy history and the government now owns the banks. See this FOR WATCHDOGS- HOW BANKS WORK WITH ACORN « Soldier For Liberty to find out how BofA worked with ACORN. Please keep that in mind while you are searching. I have chosen not to publish where I came upon the list of Affiliates as things have been disappearing from the web of late.

385 Palmetto Street Housing Fund Corp.
4415 San Jacinto Street Co
ACORN
ACORN 2004 Housing Development Fund Corp.
ACORN 2005 Housing Development Fund Corp.
ACORN Associates
ACORN Beneficial Association
ACORN Beverly Y LLC
ACORN Campaign Services
ACORN Campaign To Raise The Minimum Wage
ACORN Center for Housing, Inc.
ACORN Children’s Beneficial Association
ACORN Community Land Association
ACORN Community Land Association of IL
ACORN Community Land Association of LA
ACORN Community Land Association of PA
ACORN Community Labor Organizing Center
ACORN Cultural Trust
ACORN Dumont-Snediker Housing Development Fund Corp
ACORN Fair Housing
ACORN Fund
ACORN Housing Corp.
ACORN Housing Corp. of IL
ACORN Housing Corp. of MO
ACORN Housing Corp. of PA
ACORN Institute
ACORN Law for Education, Representation, and Training
ACORN Management Corp.
ACORN National Broadcasting Network
ACORN Services
ACORN Television In Action For Communities
ACORN Tenant Union Training and Organizing Project
ACORN Tenants Union
Affiliated Media Foundation Movement
Agape Broadcasting Foundation, Inc.
American Evironmental Justice Project, Inc.
American Home Childcare Providers Association
American Institute for Social Justice
Arizona ACORN Housing Corp.
Arkansas Broadcasting Foundation
Association for the Rights of Citizens, Inc.
Associated Regional Maintenance Systems
Austin Organizing and Support Center
Baltimore Organizing and Support Center
Boston Organizing and Support Center
Broad Street Corp.
California Community Network
Chicago Organizing and Support Center
Chief Organizer Fund
Child Care Providers for Action Franklin
Citizens Action Research Project
Citizens Campaign for Work, Living Wage and Labor Peace
Citizens Consulting, Inc ( or CCI )
Citizens Campaign for Finance Reform
Colorado ACORN Housing Corp.
Crescent City Broadcasting Corp.
Desert Rose Homes, Inc.
Dumont Avenue Housing Development Fund
Elysian Fields Corp., Inc.
Elysian Fields Partnership
Fifteenth Street Corp.
Floridians for All PAC
Franklin ACORN Housing
Greenville Community Charter School, Inc.
Greenwell Springs Corp.
Hospitality Hotel and Restaurant Organizing Council (HOTROC)
Houston Organizing and Support Center
KABF Radio
KNON Radio
Labor Neighbor Reasearch and Training Center, Inc.
Living Wage Resource Center
Louisiana ACORN Fair Housing
Massachusetts ACORN Housing Corp.
Metro Technical Institute
Missouri Tax Justice Research Project
Montana Radio Network
Mott Have ACORN Housing Development Fund Corp.
Mutual Housing Association of New York, Inc.
National Center for Jobs and Justice
New Mexico Organizing and Support Center
New Orleans Community Housing Organization
New York ACORN Housing Company, Inc.
New York Agency for Community Affairs, Inc.
Orgainzers Forum
Pennsylvania Institute for Community Affairs
People’s Equipment Resource Corp.
Phoenix Organizing and Support Center
Project Vote
SEIU Local 100
SEIU Local 880
Service Workers Action Team
Shrevport Community Television
Site Fighters
Sixth Avenue Corp.
Social Policy
Southern Training Center
St. Louis Organizing and Support Center
St. Louis Tax Reform Group
Texas ACORN Housing Corp
Wal-Mart Workers Association
Wal-Mart Association for Reform Now
Working Families Association
A Community Resource Network
ACORN Foundation
ACORN International
Cypress ACORN Housing Development Fund, Inc.
Mermetau Elderly Housing Corp.
THE MANY FACES OF ACORN « Soldier For Liberty

I'm not sure what you're point is. Yes, there are many organizations that were affiliated with ACORN. So what?

Try comparing what they take from the system, as opposed to what they put in. While you are at it, grow up.
Ok, so it has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

That's what I thought.

The movement for civil rights in the 60's as well as the anti-Viet Nam War protests stumbled before they walked...and then ran right over your silly, wingnut asses. You all must have been in shop class building birdhouses when the rest of us were studying history.

If you didn't profile, you would still be shooting blanks. The upside I guess is that you don't have to worry about shooting yourself in the foot. Did you Vote in Florida in 2000? Were you injured?

That's what I thought.

ACORN was/is a plague. It undermined the Free Market System, as OWS does. It is relevant, as relevant as your attempt to mask the Carnival of Fool's out there today. Why are you not with them, working on your plausible deniability scheme? Admit it, you don't think.

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

NYCC also is installing surveillance cameras and recording devices at its Brooklyn offices, removing or packing away supplies bearing the name ACORN and handing out photos of Fox News staff with a stern warning not to talk to the media, the sources said.

“They’re doing serious damage control right now,” said an NYCC source.

NYCC Executive Director Jon Kest has been calling a series of emergency meetings to discuss last week’s report—and taking extreme measures to identify the sources in their office and to prevent further damage, a source within NYCC told FoxNews.com.

Two staffers were fired after NYCC officials suspected them as the source of the leaks, a source told FoxNews.com. “One was fired the day the story came out, the other was fired on Friday. (NYCC senior staff) told everyone that they were fired because they talked to you,” a source said.

NYCC spokesman Scott Levenson denied that anyone was fired for talking to the press.

FoxNews.com’s report identified NYCC as a key organizing force behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Sources within the group also told FoxNews.com NYCC was hiring people to carry signs and join the protests. NYCC -- a nonprofit organization run almost entirely by former ACORN officials and employees --did not reply for comment prior to the publication of the initial article, but later posted a statement on its website dismissing the article and denying that it pays protesters.

Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

That's what I thought.

ACORN was/is a plague. It undermined the Free Market System, as OWS does. It is relevant, as relevant as your attempt to mask the Carnival of Fool's out there today. Why are you not with them, working on your plausible deniability scheme? Admit it, you don't think.

The biggest sign of someone losing an argument is falling back on personal attacks.

How is/was ACORN a "plague"?

What exactly have they done to "undermine the Free Market System"?

Officials with the revamped ACORN office in New York -- operating as New York Communities for Change -- have fired staff, shredded reams of documents and told workers to blame disgruntled ex-employees for leaking information in an effort to explain away a FoxNews.com report last week on the group’s involvement in Occupy Wall Street protests, according to sources.

NYCC also is installing surveillance cameras and recording devices at its Brooklyn offices, removing or packing away supplies bearing the name ACORN and handing out photos of Fox News staff with a stern warning not to talk to the media, the sources said.

“They’re doing serious damage control right now,” said an NYCC source.

NYCC Executive Director Jon Kest has been calling a series of emergency meetings to discuss last week’s report—and taking extreme measures to identify the sources in their office and to prevent further damage, a source within NYCC told FoxNews.com.

Two staffers were fired after NYCC officials suspected them as the source of the leaks, a source told FoxNews.com. “One was fired the day the story came out, the other was fired on Friday. (NYCC senior staff) told everyone that they were fired because they talked to you,” a source said.

NYCC spokesman Scott Levenson denied that anyone was fired for talking to the press.

FoxNews.com’s report identified NYCC as a key organizing force behind the Occupy Wall Street protests. Sources within the group also told FoxNews.com NYCC was hiring people to carry signs and join the protests. NYCC -- a nonprofit organization run almost entirely by former ACORN officials and employees --did not reply for comment prior to the publication of the initial article, but later posted a statement on its website dismissing the article and denying that it pays protesters.

Read more: ACORN Officials Scramble, Firing Workers and Shredding Documents, After Exposed as Players Behind Occupy Wall Street Protests | Fox News

Again, what's your point?

The majority of protesters in NYC at the beginning of the occupy protests were relatively wealthy, middle class New Yorkers.
So the people complaining about unequal distribution of wealth are the ones to whom the wealth was "unequally" distributed.

No hypocrisy there ...

The majority of protesters in NYC at the beginning of the occupy protests were relatively wealthy, middle class New Yorkers.
So the people complaining about unequal distribution of wealth are the ones to whom the wealth was "unequally" distributed.

No hypocrisy there ...
You think it's "hypocritical" for wealthy people to be against wall street tax breaks and bailouts?

Nope. Have you actually spoken to any "occupiers"?

You realize that the "Occupy" protests are protests AGAINST "the system", right?

Obama is "the system".

The Shitters are against capitalism, private property, and individual civil rights.

Obama is against capitalism, private property, and individual civil rights.

Obama is their guy.

This is what I mean by "nonsense".

What "individual civil rights" do you think the occupiers are "against"?

Not to mention, Obama isn't against "capitalism" - in fact, he's a corporate puppet.

Obama has at best a love-hate relationship with capitalism.

That's what I thought.

The biggest sign of someone losing an argument is falling back on personal attacks.

But.... But... But.... you are an authority on so little. :lol: Seriously, now. How does spending Federal Money, Other people's money, beyond consent, have anything to do with undermining the Free Market System? Let's play Pavlovian Response. I create a scenario and manipulate you into responding, on my terms, by rewarding you, when what you do pleases me, and punishing you anytime you annoy me. Let's call the scenario "Government Aid". Anytime I run out of funds, I get to Extort more. When you run out I get all your toys. ;) I get to recruit and indoctrinate anyone I can con into sacrificing reason and Conscience, in order to play as a member of my team. Anytime I get caught myself, I get to shred the evidence and intimidate anyone who crosses me. The burden of proof is on you. It's against the rules for you to do anything against me, without my consent, right? Good? First question.
What does 2+2=? Trick question. ;) 2+2=5 for as long as I say it does. You guessed 4, I know. You are forgetting the first rule of Progressive Statism. You lose. Throw him under the bus with the rest.

Spending Government Money, devising ways to spend more, while we owe so much, is insane. I have Links I've lost since I replaced my Operating System. I will sincerely do my best to find them. The answers to the dilemma we are in Jointly, I might add, have nothing to do with more frivolous spending scams, and everything to do with supporting honest Business growth. The last thing we need is bigger Government, we can't afford your Salaries. Sorry Charlie. Your giveaway's are killing the golden goose, we are not a Utopian Society, nor can we ever be. The Referee does not determine the outcome of the game, but insures a fair playing field as best he can. At least a Referee with Integrity and Ethics, does.

How do you undermine the Free Market System? Through Manipulation, Over Regulation, Arbitrary Rule and Judgement. For the Record, I support Law and Order, with both eye's open. Federalism, in Spirit, limits Power, because of the influence of corruption. Without checks and balances, Transparency, Disclosure, we are lost. I'm not big on Executive Orders either, no matter who is President. What Obama does with that Power is a spit in the face to the Republic.

October 25, 2011
The truth about Obama, rebranded ACORN and Operation Occupy Wall Street
By Michael Gaynor

Obama was elected President in 2008 because the nature of his relationship with ACORN and the illicit connection between his presidential campaign and ACORN's Project Vote were little known and his promise of hope and change and his soft-spoken, non-threatening manner masked what he meant by "fundamental transformation."

On August 22, 2011, Judicial Watch issued an important special report titled "The Rebranding of ACORN" (www.judicialwatch.org/files/documents/2011/acornspecialreport08222011.pdf).

The 28-page report rightly concluded that (1) "[r]umors of ACORN's demise are completely false" because "ACORN lives on in the form of its affiliated organizations, such as Affordable Housing Centers of America, The Advance Group, The Black Institute, and Project Vote" and "ACORN's newly formed state organizations will continue to carry on...'ACORN's work of organizing low- and moderate-income folks"; (2) ACORN's bankruptcy papers "appear to be incomplete and/or inaccurate" and "investigators believe these papers do not account for tens of millions of dollars in ACORN funds"; (3) "Project Vote is clearly going to continue to undermine the rule of law and the integrity of elections through fraudulent voter registrations" and "has retained voter registration fraud-tainted staff," so "the scandal of 2008 is bound to be repeated in 2012"; and (4) "ACORN leaders at both the state and national levels seem to have systematically violated numerous laws, and yet, the Obama Justice Department, likely due to the president's personal and political ties to the organization, refuses to investigate."

The report focused on the rebranding of ACORN, but the key to defeating Obama is his ACORN history and lying about it.

Judicial Watch did state: "Barack Obama served as a former employee of Project Vote and has said publicly that he's 'been fighting alongside' ACORN his entire career. despite clear evidence of corrupt and criminal behavior by ACORN and its employees, the Obama Justice Department has thus far failed to take any ACORN organizations to account."

In addition, Judicial Watch cited an article of mine, "Is Project Vote Really Nonpartisan?" (Is Project Vote Really Nonpartisan?) to support this statement: "Without question Project Vote's objective is to help Barack Obama and other leftist candidates nationwide to get elected (or re-elected). ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief, a former Project Vote staffer, reported in 2008 that the organization was given a donor list from the presidential campaign of Barack Obama for fundraising efforts. Expect Project Vote to return Obama's generosity in 2012."

But.... But... But.... you are an authority on so little. :lol:
Yep, nothing says you've got a great argument quite like doubling down on the personal attacks. And you tell me that I should "grow up".

I'm certain that I know significantly more about ACORN and the various post-ACORN organizations than you do.
Seriously, now. How does spending Federal Money, Other people's money, beyond consent, have anything to do with undermining the Free Market System? Let's play Pavlovian Response. I create a scenario and manipulate you into responding, on my terms, by rewarding you, when what you do pleases me, and punishing you anytime you annoy me. Let's call the scenario "Government Aid". Anytime I run out of funds, I get to Extort more. When you run out I get all your toys. ;) I get to recruit and indoctrinate anyone I can con into sacrificing reason and Conscience, in order to play as a member of my team. Anytime I get caught myself, I get to shred the evidence and intimidate anyone who crosses me. The burden of proof is on you. It's against the rules for you to do anything against me, without my consent, right? Good? First question.
What does 2+2=? Trick question. ;) 2+2=5 for as long as I say it does. You guessed 4, I know. You are forgetting the first rule of Progressive Statism. You lose. Throw him under the bus with the rest.
I don't understand what you're talking about. I think you're claiming that ACORN is "undermining the free market system" by recieving federal money - is that right?

Does that mean every single non-profit organization is "undermining the free market system"?

What specifically has ACORN done to "undermine" the free market system?

Spending Government Money, devising ways to spend more, while we owe so much, is insane. I have Links I've lost since I replaced my Operating System. I will sincerely do my best to find them. The answers to the dilemma we are in Jointly, I might add, have nothing to do with more frivolous spending scams, and everything to do with supporting honest Business growth. The last thing we need is bigger Government, we can't afford your Salaries. Sorry Charlie. Your giveaway's are killing the golden goose, we are not a Utopian Society, nor can we ever be. The Referee does not determine the outcome of the game, but insures a fair playing field as best he can. At least a Referee with Integrity and Ethics, does.
Still not really understanding your babble. What does this have to do with ACORN?

How do you undermine the Free Market System? Through Manipulation, Over Regulation, Arbitrary Rule and Judgement. For the Record, I support Law and Order, with both eye's open. Federalism, in Spirit, limits Power, because of the influence of corruption. Without checks and balances, Transparency, Disclosure, we are lost. I'm not big on Executive Orders either, no matter who is President. What Obama does with that Power is a spit in the face to the Republic.

Ummm...

What does any of that have to do with ACORN?

October 25, 2011
By Michael Gaynor

Obama was elected President in 2008 because the nature of his relationship with ACORN and the illicit connection between his presidential campaign and ACORN's Project Vote were little known and his promise of hope and change and his soft-spoken, non-threatening manner masked what he meant by "fundamental transformation."

On August 22, 2011, Judicial Watch issued an important special report titled "The Rebranding of ACORN" (www.judicialwatch.org/files/documents/2011/acornspecialreport08222011.pdf).

The 28-page report rightly concluded that (1) "[r]umors of ACORN's demise are completely false" because "ACORN lives on in the form of its affiliated organizations, such as Affordable Housing Centers of America, The Advance Group, The Black Institute, and Project Vote" and "ACORN's newly formed state organizations will continue to carry on...'ACORN's work of organizing low- and moderate-income folks"; (2) ACORN's bankruptcy papers "appear to be incomplete and/or inaccurate" and "investigators believe these papers do not account for tens of millions of dollars in ACORN funds"; (3) "Project Vote is clearly going to continue to undermine the rule of law and the integrity of elections through fraudulent voter registrations" and "has retained voter registration fraud-tainted staff," so "the scandal of 2008 is bound to be repeated in 2012"; and (4) "ACORN leaders at both the state and national levels seem to have systematically violated numerous laws, and yet, the Obama Justice Department, likely due to the president's personal and political ties to the organization, refuses to investigate."

The report focused on the rebranding of ACORN, but the key to defeating Obama is his ACORN history and lying about it.

Judicial Watch did state: "Barack Obama served as a former employee of Project Vote and has said publicly that he's 'been fighting alongside' ACORN his entire career. despite clear evidence of corrupt and criminal behavior by ACORN and its employees, the Obama Justice Department has thus far failed to take any ACORN organizations to account."

In addition, Judicial Watch cited an article of mine, "Is Project Vote Really Nonpartisan?" (Is Project Vote Really Nonpartisan?) to support this statement: "Without question Project Vote's objective is to help Barack Obama and other leftist candidates nationwide to get elected (or re-elected). ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief, a former Project Vote staffer, reported in 2008 that the organization was given a donor list from the presidential campaign of Barack Obama for fundraising efforts. Expect Project Vote to return Obama's generosity in 2012."

Yes, I know that ACORN split into many smaller organizations. Again, what's your point?

I dont subscribe to OWS because anyone who isnt afraid of the truth knows the system is so badly corrupted its unrecoverable. Big money and power has so taken advantage of the system that it truly is a very sickening part of this once great nation. While I do believe people will eventually wake up, the OWS crowd is going about it the wrong way. Research, build a good case, then bring the hammer.

No hypocrisy there ...
You think it's "hypocritical" for wealthy people to be against wall street tax breaks and bailouts?
That's not what they're primarily protesting.

Yesterday at Chicago’s Union Park for the May Day march, I found group of protesters from the Asociación de Vendedores Ambulantes (Street Vendors Association) holding signs from the Chicago Community and Workers’ Rights.

I asked one protester what her sign meant, and she said, “I don’t know.” She told me she didn’t speak English, but there was another girl (who I have seen around many Chicago protests) there who spoke Spanish, so I asked her to ask the woman in Spanish what her sign meant. Sadly the woman holding the sign still did not have an answer. After questioning another protester who also did not know why she was there, I asked if they were being paid to be at the protest. It was then that the translator told me “you don’t need to do that,” and a man came over to explain the different signs and shirts of the protesters.

I proceeded to ask all the members of this group if any of them knew what there signs said and why they were there and not one of them could answer the questions, even when language wasn’t a barrier.

Isn’t it interesting that these protesters, who are supposed to be street vendors, found it more valuable to spend their time holding picket signs at a protest that they knew nothing about, rather than roll in their pushcarts in to sell popsicles and tamales to a couple thousand people at the march? It doesn’t quite add up to me, but what I do know? Maybe they had the day off...
May Day Protestors Cannot Explain Their Signs or Their Cause

Forum List

Back