Over 30,000 union jobs just disappeared because the Teamsters wanted to make a point to UPS and Amazon. Bust the unions, they need to go.

Effort is tied to wages. Want more effort pay more. Less wage means one works less hard. That's as american as it gets
Companies that succeed have everyone pulling in one direction. Employees that don't work by those standards will never work for a successful company. So now those drivers will start all over at the bottom, all longevity perks and wages are gone. Yellow stockholders will move on and the managerial folks will move to another trucking outfit. The striking drivers hurt no one but themselves--the industry will pay what the market will bear.

Effort is tied to wages. Want more effort pay more. Less wage means one works less hard. That's as american as it gets
So how many successful businesses have you owned? I don't think you have any idea how much employers pay out in SS, FICA, unemployment insurance, disability insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, sick leave, vacation, FMLA, and holiday pay. None of that helps their bottom line. Then there is actual wages. The company pays what the market will bear or their employees will go down the road and get more. The general rule of thumb is that a company pays double the wage in total compensation.

So how many successful businesses have you owned? I don't think you have any idea how much employers pay out in SS, FICA, unemployment insurance, disability insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, sick leave, vacation, FMLA, and holiday pay. None of that helps their bottom line. Then there is actual wages. The company pays what the market will bear or their employees will go down the road and get more. The general rule of thumb is that a company pays double the wage in total compensation.
If they aren't willing to pay a good wage then PLEASE DONT HIRE...DO NOT HIRE. Why hire when you can't pay? Close the doors. PLEASE CLOSE your doors.

Companies that succeed have everyone pulling in one direction. Employees that don't work by those standards will never work for a successful company. So now those drivers will start all over at the bottom, all longevity perks and wages are gone. Yellow stockholders will move on and the managerial folks will move to another trucking outfit. The striking drivers hurt no one but themselves--the industry will pay what the market will bear.
Employees don't work to help the company. They work only for the paycheck. Your "standards" are a bunch of bull.

i worked for the PO for 34 years and i have seen quite a few fired for either theft or poor attendance,,,,

Theft yes, but the process is pretty convoluted to get rid of the person. Also the PO is a unique case as it is probably one of the more independent government agencies.

Forum List

Back