Over 30,000 union jobs just disappeared because the Teamsters wanted to make a point to UPS and Amazon. Bust the unions, they need to go.

Private sector unions are an important part of the Capitalist system, it's public sector unions that have to go.

This is actually an example of the system working, the Union pushed too hard, and now 30k of it's members are out of work.
why do public sector unions have to go?....so those that work for the govt have no problems with their management,who are pretty fucked to begin with....their working conditions are all safe?...who do those workers turn to?.....they have many of the same gripes that the private company people have......

7v4hbu.jpg

The point was this was the fault of the unions.

Businesses fail that are not union all the time.

So the issue lays with poor management.
You know that I never said this was totally the fault of the unions, so stop trying to act like I did.

why do public sector unions have to go?....so those that work for the govt have no problems with their management,who are pretty fucked to begin with....their working conditions are all safe?...who do those workers turn to?.....they have many of the same gripes that the private company people have......

Because there is no incentive for the "bosses" to negotiate honestly, especially at the municipal level where said unions represent a sizable voting block. Plus the government can just borrow more to meet the union demands and pass the problem down 20 or 50 years. That's what we are seeing now with the pension issues in some States.

You can have Civil Service protections, or union protections, you can't have both.

Because there is no incentive for the "bosses" to negotiate honestly, especially at the municipal level where said unions represent a sizable voting block. Plus the government can just borrow more to meet the union demands and pass the problem down 20 or 50 years. That's what we are seeing now with the pension issues in some States.

You can have Civil Service protections, or union protections, you can't have both.
civil service protection?....what is that?....

You didn't start the thread did you?
You're quoting me. If you want to make a point that's not related to what I'm saying, don't quote me. You can just make a post all on your own.

You're quoting me. If you want to make a point that's not related to what I'm saying, don't quote me. You can just make a post all on your own.

So you were the one off topic. The OP was posted arguing this was the fault of the unions.

So you were the one off topic. The OP was posted arguing this was the fault of the unions.
And I was talking about the role of union demands in what can cause a company to go under. Either way, you were quoting me.

And I was talking about the role of union demands in what can cause a company to go under. Either way, you were quoting me.

Unions can't get anything without management agreeing to it.

Truck drivers should take pay cuts?

Unions can't get anything without management agreeing to it.

Truck drivers should take pay cuts?
Obviously, someone in management thought buying off on the agreement was the cheapest way to go. Maybe they were counting on no downturns in the economy, who knows?

And you're back to arguing things no one has said.

Obviously, someone in management thought buying off on the agreement was the cheapest way to go. Maybe they were counting on no downturns in the economy, who knows?

And you're back to arguing things no one has said.

They most certainly have. Did you not read the OP? It's blaming the Union.

Yes!

Fuck them with higher wages and better benefits and working conditions .
And stolen retirement funds, and pilfered union dues, and health plans that don't pay, and changing the names of the union while the leaders get paid six figure severence packages to stay in the same jobs. I've been in three different union over fifty years and every one of them screwed the employee as bad as the company the supposedly were defending against. I'll negotiate my own packages.

Forum List

Back