Over 30,000 union jobs just disappeared because the Teamsters wanted to make a point to UPS and Amazon. Bust the unions, they need to go.

While there may have been other factors, union demands were a factor in the demise of the company.
And the multi million dollar compensation packages for the suits at the top had nothing to do with it?

The argument is that unions can end up killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Why automatically blame it on unions? How many billions has it cost us to bail out the banks. They aren't union.

They can demand more than the company can afford to pay and everyone loses. This is something that the pro-union forces rarely, if ever, contemplate. They seem to think the company is just a bottomless barrel of money and they deserve whatever they can dream up to demand.

Contracts have to be signed by both sides.

So what is the argument? Truck drivers should be paid less? Maybe replaced with illegal immigrants?

What?

While there may have been other factors, union demands were a factor in the demise of the company.
Not primarily. It was straight up financial mismanagement for decades. If binary think blaming the union helps you sleep at night..go for it. The union is just trying to get it members (Yellow's employees) the best deal.
This was a demise a long time in coming.

And the multi million dollar compensation packages for the suits at the top had nothing to do with it?
They were doubtless a factor as well, but consider the following:

How many C-level executives had multi-million-dollar compensation packages? Let's be generous and say 10 (you could always do some research and find out exactly how many, but based on what you wrote, I don't believe you have any real idea), and say they on average made $2 mil each. That's a total of $20 million. If you took half their total compensation from them and distributed it among the other employees, how big of a raise would everybody get?

Half of $20 mil is $10 mil. $10 mil distributed to 32,000 employees (that's how many they had) is $312. The median annual income of a truck driver is somewhere around $50,000. What percentage raise would the drivers get? .625%

The conclusion is, while executive compensation SEEMS really big when you only consider the top dogs who are making a few million every year and complain that they make more than everybody else, it pales in comparison to the total labor cost for a company. An extra 2% across the board increase in pay can cost a company a whole lot more than what their top executives make.

Everything the Dims touch turns to shit.... and then dies. The stuttering fuck has presided over a 27% drop in shipping operations with its Fucktard-nomics. Yellow Corp was over 100 years old but can't survive a fatal beat down from woke marxism. 22,000 employees decimated by that stammering shit clown.

Congrats are in order. What a lovely crime family.

decency 99w.jpg

Why automatically blame it on unions? How many billions has it cost us to bail out the banks. They aren't union.
The two are not related. Politicians decide to bail out banks because when too many of them fail, the repercussions to the economy are enormous. That really has no bearing on this.
Contracts have to be signed by both sides.
Yes they do, and when the choice is sign or have to replace your entire fleet of drivers, some bean counter probably thought signing was the lesser risk.
So what is the argument? Truck drivers should be paid less? Maybe replaced with illegal immigrants?

What?
The argument is that union reps need to understand economic reality and not make demands that ultimately bankrupt the company. If they give into the union's demands, the company would need to raise prices, but then the union would have to accept the accompanying loss of revenue as sales drop off and subsequent layoffs. Maybe they would have to make do with fewer, higher paid drivers.

There is no free lunch and companies are not bottomless barrels of cash. I saw something like this happen at Circuit City. At the turn of the century, executives were bragging that they were sitting on a $billion in cash and didn't fear Best Buy's financing their big expansion, and 8 years later they were bankrupt. One thing they did to reduce compensation costs, but was done badly, was to fire all the store salespersons who were paid on commission and rehire them at $10/hour flat rate. That didn't work out so good.

IOW, people should be paid what their labor is worth, but have to also understand that they can make demands that result in everybody losing their jobs. Is it better to get paid a little less than what you want, or to successfully make your demand and no one gets paid anything?

Not primarily. It was straight up financial mismanagement for decades. If binary think blaming the union helps you sleep at night..go for it. The union is just trying to get it members (Yellow's employees) the best deal.
This was a demise a long time in coming.
Unless we have the actual raw numbers being paid and demanded, we're just arguing from bias. Remember, I didn't say union demands were the primary factor, I said they were a factor.

The two are not related. Politicians decide to bail out banks because when too many of them fail, the repercussions to the economy are enormous. That really has no bearing on this.

Not the point. They failed and were bailed out and they are not union.

Yes they do, and when the choice is sign or have to replace your entire fleet of drivers, some bean counter probably thought signing was the lesser risk.

The argument is that union reps need to understand economic reality and not make demands that ultimately bankrupt the company. If they give into the union's demands, the company would need to raise prices, but then the union would have to accept the accompanying loss of revenue as sales drop off and subsequent layoffs. Maybe they would have to make do with fewer, higher paid drivers.

There is no free lunch and companies are not bottomless barrels of cash. I saw something like this happen at Circuit City. At the turn of the century, executives were bragging that they were sitting on a $billion in cash and didn't fear Best Buy's financing their big expansion, and 8 years later they were bankrupt. One thing they did to reduce compensation costs, but was done badly, was to fire all the store salespersons who were paid on commission and rehire them at $10/hour flat rate. That didn't work out so good.

IOW, people should be paid what their labor is worth, but have to also understand that they can make demands that result in everybody losing their jobs. Is it better to get paid a little less than what you want, or to successfully make your demand and no one gets paid anything?

You should demand all you can get. But then again, you refuse to answer........what is the point here? Truck drivers should be paid less?

Why won't anyone answer this?

Teabaggers have always hated unions and good paying American jobs.
Interesting screed there, given that everyone likes to be paid well at their job, but not everyone is envious that someone else gets paid more.

Not the point. They failed and were bailed out and they are not union.
If not the point, then irrelevant to the discussion.
You should demand all you can get. But then again, you refuse to answer........what is the point here? Truck drivers should be paid less?

Why won't anyone answer this?
I did answer. People should get paid what their labor is worth and understand that sometimes a company faces the choice of some people not getting paid what they want and no one getting paid anything. You're insisting on truck drivers getting paid less, that's not the argument at all and you should put it to rest.

If not the point, then irrelevant to the discussion.

The point was this was the fault of the unions.

Businesses fail that are not union all the time.

I did answer. People should get paid what their labor is worth and understand that sometimes a company faces the choice of some people not getting paid what they want and no one getting paid anything. You're insisting on truck drivers getting paid less, that's not the argument at all and you should put it to rest.

So the issue lays with poor management.

Private sector unions are an important part of the Capitalist system, it's public sector unions that have to go.

This is actually an example of the system working, the Union pushed too hard, and now 30k of it's members are out of work.
I went to work for a private union once, was offered 24 dollars an hour because i had Pnuematic/Electronic experience, no one else could do. After one year, i realized my immediate supervisor i had replaced, while he got promoted to watch over me, had no clue about what Pnuematic/Electonic work was. In other words he had scammed his way to be my boss. I went to the O&M manager showing my research and studies, proving that the supervisor had just turned all signaling devices off. I was released for being a dick to my supervisor and two weeks later they let the supervisor go. I went to the union for a complaint and they did nothing, but demand that i continue to pay my dues, while unemployed, or be black listed. I asked the Union Boss, if he was trying to find me another job in my career field, and he was dumbstruck because i was the first and only of my field in the union. I left found another job in Fire Alarm work, making 27 dollars an hour and finally became a building inspector making over 100 thousand a year. Fuck the unions, they have lost their usefulness, and need to be busted up.

I went to work for a private union once, was offered 24 dollars an hour because i had Pnuematic/Electronic experience, no one else could do. After one year, i realized my immediate supervisor i had replaced, while he got promoted to watch over me, had no clue about what Pnuematic/Electonic work was. In other words he had scammed his way to be my boss. I went to the O&M manager showing my research and studies, proving that the supervisor had just turned all signaling devices off. I was released for being a dick to my supervisor and two weeks later they let the supervisor go. I went to the union for a complaint and they did nothing, but demand that i continue to pay my dues, while unemployed, or be black listed. I asked the Union Boss, if he was trying to find me another job in my career field, and he was dumbstruck because i was the first and only of my field in the union. I left found another job in Fire Alarm work, making 27 dollars an hour and finally became a building inspector making over 100 thousand a year. Fuck the unions, they have lost their usefulness, and need to be busted up.

The issue isn't the union system, it's the stagnation of the union's themselves due to winning the big fights, and not being able to keep up the skeer enough on the small ones. So they become degenerate.

The issue isn't the union system, it's the stagnation of the union's themselves due to winning the big fights, and not being able to keep up the skeer enough on the small ones. So they become degenerate.
A person who cant barter for themselves deserves to be laid off, when Unions bankrupt the companies those employees are working for. It happens all the time, GM and Chrysler got bail outs from the brown turd Obammy and that is the only reason those companies and the UAW(Crooks) are still in business. What is to keep GM and Chrysler from doing it again, if the UAW decides it is time to up the anti again? Will Joe Biteme bail them out again?

A person who cant barter for themselves deserves to be laid off, when Unions bankrupt the companies those employees are working for. It happens all the time, GM and Chrysler got bail outs from the brown turd Obammy and that is the only reason those companies and the UAW(Crooks) are still in business. What is to keep GM and Chrysler from doing it again, if the UAW decides it is time to up the anti again? Will Joe Biteme bail them out again?

Again flaws with the current situation, not the system. Labor should be able to provide a collective front, AS LONG as it's not mandated by the government. It should also be protected in this grouping, as is current.

My gripe has always been against public sector unions, due to their political clout against the very "owners" they are negotiating with, supposedly in good faith.

Interesting screed there, given that everyone likes to be paid well at their job, but not everyone is envious that someone else gets paid more.
Sure they are, especially when the very same people, who get government $$$, then using that $$$ for other things.

Yellow shouldn't have received $700M COVID bailout​

1691504595863.png
Commercial Carrier Journal
https://www.ccjdigital.com › companies › article › con...

Jun 29, 2023 — COC said in its final report this week that it found that Yellow had spent millions of dollars from 2009 to 2020 lobbying for a national ...

Yellow's demise: 2 decades in the making​

1691505042101.png
FreightWaves
https://www.freightwaves.com › ... › Business › Finance

Jul 31, 2023 — Yellow's two top-paid executives earned more than $6 million combined in total compensation the year the Treasury loan was issued.

A person who cant barter for themselves deserves to be laid off, when Unions bankrupt the companies those employees are working for. It happens all the time, GM and Chrysler got bail outs from the brown turd Obammy and that is the only reason those companies and the UAW(Crooks) are still in business.
That was BUSH, you moron.

Bush bails out U.S. automakers, Dec. 19, 2008​

https://www.politico.com › story › 2018/12/19 › bush...

Dec 19, 2018 — Bush announced a $17.4 billion bailout to General Motors and Chrysler, of which $13.4 billion would be extended immediately. Without federal aid ...

What is to keep GM and Chrysler from doing it again, if the UAW decides it is time to up the anti again? Will Joe Biteme bail them out again?

Forum List

Back