Outside counsel tells GOP 'reasonable prosecutor' would not bring Ford case against Kav

Then what standard shall we use? Why are we using the FBI? LOL.
Use the standard of following the facts as they are found.

Kavanaugh has already had difficulty answering questions and answering truthfully. He has not been as open as Ford.

We use the FBI because they do the background investigations for nominees and because they are a non political third party.

Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO. If that were you in his shoes and your legacy was being destroyed by an uncoroborrated charge you would be flipping out. His family and reputation are ruined forever because of Feinstein. I would have been much more angry. You have memory that goes back 36 yrs? He said he was not there, he doesn't know her, she has zero corroborating evidence. What else can he answer? You are a Leftist. Yes?
Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO.

It's objectively clear. Kavanaugh did not once give a clear answer on his drinking or anything about his yearbook entries.
Stupid questions. They did talk about farts though... that was special

-Geaux

More precisely, he lied about farts.

You know this how? You are a mind reader or just guessing like the rest of us?

Then what standard shall we use? Why are we using the FBI? LOL.
Use the standard of following the facts as they are found.

Kavanaugh has already had difficulty answering questions and answering truthfully. He has not been as open as Ford.

We use the FBI because they do the background investigations for nominees and because they are a non political third party.

Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO. If that were you in his shoes and your legacy was being destroyed by an uncoroborrated charge you would be flipping out. His family and reputation are ruined forever because of Feinstein. I would have been much more angry. You have memory that goes back 36 yrs? He said he was not there, he doesn't know her, she has zero corroborating evidence. What else can he answer? You are a Leftist. Yes?
Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO.

It's objectively clear. Kavanaugh did not once give a clear answer on his drinking or anything about his yearbook entries.

Would you? It was 36 yrs ago. Who the F*CK remembers. I thought his answers were as clear as they could have been. The accuser could not recall what she did 7 weeks ago.

Of course I would.

His answers were evasive at best and outright lies at worst.

In your opinion. I didn't see it that way. I didn't think he was angry enough. I would have called the Dems idiots and hacks.

even if it was Kavanaugh and Judge, there is no way of knowing if he really would have raped her when it came down to it... he held her there, he groped and molested her, but attempted rape could be going too far....

Dr. Ford believed he was going to... she was the one there... the one under duress, but there isn't a way to really prove that imo, even if it were only a week after the incident... no mention of him pulling out his one eyed trouser worm with her....

Plus, he was still a juvenile, first offense, and parents filthy filthy rich... not likely anything would have happened to him even if she reported it THAT NIGHT.

It's NOT about ''getting him on criminal charges'', but his character and temperament and whether he should be promoted and seated on the SC for a lifetime

How do his wife and kids get their reputation back. NOTHING for 36 years and now these unproven allegations. This should have been handled 45 days ago behind closed doors, like Ford wanted it to.

Mitchell tells Republican senators "reasonable prosecutor" would not bring Ford case against Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

Mitchell cites inconsistencies in Ford's statements to the committee, The Washington Post, and her therapist about the alleged assault, which Ford alleges took place when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.
Mitchell also notes the lack of corroboration of Ford's account, including recalling details that could back her story.

Mitchell says Ford's account of her age at the time has varied, and raises questions about her recollection of some events, but noted her inability to remember details such as how she got to and from the party where the alleged assault occurred.

In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A 'he said, she said' case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," she wrote. "Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard."

Bottom line --- only one person to blame here ---- DIANE FEINSTEIN!!!!

She could have easily shared the letter with the FBI and had them investigate the verasity. Instead she went to the press knowing that she could win in the court of public opinion but not in a court of law. What an underhanded and evil person she is.
And?

What a criminal prosecutor might or might not do is irrelevant, having nothing to do with whether Kavanaugh is fit to sit on the Supreme Court.

Mitchell tells Republican senators "reasonable prosecutor" would not bring Ford case against Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

Mitchell cites inconsistencies in Ford's statements to the committee, The Washington Post, and her therapist about the alleged assault, which Ford alleges took place when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.
Mitchell also notes the lack of corroboration of Ford's account, including recalling details that could back her story.

Mitchell says Ford's account of her age at the time has varied, and raises questions about her recollection of some events, but noted her inability to remember details such as how she got to and from the party where the alleged assault occurred.

In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A 'he said, she said' case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," she wrote. "Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard."

She could have easily shared the letter with the FBI and had them investigate the verasity. Instead she went to the press knowing that she could win in the court of public opinion but not in a court of law. What an underhanded and evil person she is.
And?

What a criminal prosecutor might or might not do is irrelevant, having nothing to do with whether Kavanaugh is fit to sit on the Supreme Court.

It is MOST relevant. You're just too stupid to see it.

Why do you think she was brought in. That is not her observation. This is the Republican majority attacking Dr Ford. They don't have the courage to do it directly. She is a Republican whore

This is not a court of law and there is no presumption of innocence. There are 3 pieces of evidence and 2 favor Dr Ford. Her testimony and polygraph. Kavanaugh has his unprofessional rants. Also we are learning that Kavanaugh may have been lying when he said he was not a heavy drinker.

Also we have another tweet bringing up something that I did not think of.

Matt Fuller‏Verified account @MEPFuller Sep 27
I missed this before, but I was just looking at Kavanaugh’s calendar, and I noticed that he’s hanging out on July 1, among a few other people, with “PJ” and “Judge.”

Pretty amazing coincidence that Ford, before she saw the calendars, said PJ and Mark Judge were there.

Why do you think she was brought in. That is not her observation. This is the Republican majority attacking Dr Ford. They don't have the courage to do it directly. She is a Republican whore

This is not a court of law and there is no presumption of innocence. There are 3 pieces of evidence and 2 favor Dr Ford. Her testimony and polygraph. Kavanaugh has his unprofessional rants. Also we are learning that Kavanaugh may have been lying when he said he was not a heavy drinker.

I missed this before, but I was just looking at Kavanaugh’s calendar, and I noticed that he’s hanging out on July 1, among a few other people, with “PJ” and “Judge.”

Pretty amazing coincidence that Ford, before she saw the calendars, said PJ and Mark Judge were there.

You missed the entire point of my post.

even if it was Kavanaugh and Judge, there is no way of knowing if he really would have raped her when it came down to it... he held her there, he groped and molested her, but attempted rape could be going too far....

Dr. Ford believed he was going to... she was the one there... the one under duress, but there isn't a way to really prove that imo, even if it were only a week after the incident... no mention of him pulling out his one eyed trouser worm with her....

Plus, he was still a juvenile, first offense, and parents filthy filthy rich... not likely anything would have happened to him even if she reported it THAT NIGHT.

It's NOT about ''getting him on criminal charges'', but his character and temperament and whether he should be promoted and seated on the SC for a lifetime

How do his wife and kids get their reputation back. NOTHING for 36 years and now these unproven allegations. This should have been handled 45 days ago behind closed doors, like Ford wanted it to.
you can't say there was nothing for 36 years...

What should have been done is him being honest, say he is really sorry and did not mean to hurt her in that manner, that he was a drunk, foolish, kid.... And done this when he first read her letter about it, before there ever was a hearing.

All would have been forgiven, if he had only been honest...

But he chose the route of belligerence and dishonesty.... Karma is a bitch, and will get ya, every time!

Where I cannot disagree whether a prosecutor would not bring a case against Dr. Ford, the case has already been brought, and it wasn't bright by a prosecutor. For as much sense as it makes, you cannot undo what is done. We are arguing about spilt milk, while nothing will change the fact it has been spilled.

you can't say there was nothing for 36 years...

What should have been done is him being honest, say he is really sorry and did not mean to hurt her in that manner, that he was a drunk, foolish, kid.... And done this when he first read her letter about it, before there ever was a hearing.

All would have been forgiven, if he had only been honest...

But he chose the route of belligerence and dishonesty.... Karma is a bitch, and will get ya, every time!

What if he is right and nothing happened and she is lying?

Where I cannot disagree whether a prosecutor would not bring a case against Dr. Ford, the case has already been brought, and it wasn't bright by a prosecutor. For as much sense as it makes, you cannot undo what is done. We are arguing about spilt milk, while nothing will change the fact it has been spilled.

Which is why I want an investigation into Feinstein.

What for, it's not going to change Senator Feinstein, it's not going to make the Democrats that want to believe Dr. Ford think any differently? There is probably not a single prosecutor that will charge Senator Feinstein with anything associated to the accusations.

What for, it's not going to change Senator Feinstein, it's not going to make the Democrats that want to believe Dr. Ford think any differently? There is probably not a single prosecutor that will charge Senator Feinstein with anything associated to the accusations.

Lying that she didn't release Ford's letter. Goes to credibility. I want her off that panel. Either she or her team leaked it. Also want to know why she sat on it for so long. Ford explicitly stated she didn't want the letter released.

Lying that she didn't release Ford's letter. Goes to credibility. I want her off that panel. Either she or her team leaked it. Also want to know why she sat on it for so long. Ford explicitly stated she didn't want the letter released.

I am sorry, but nothing an investigation can come up with can do any more to damage the credibility of Senator Feinstein. It doesn't matter who leaked the letter, and just about everyone on the Senator Judiciary Committee did a fair job of indicating how much credibility was required to make a determination. It doesn't matter that Dr. Ford said she didn't want the letter released. Not only was the letter released, that's not the worst thing Dr. Ford could have lied about regarding the letter.

It's like chasing the white rabbit, and getting nowhere.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when Comey said a reasonable prosecutor would not bring charges against HIllary

Republicans were outraged

What you are saying is worse. This should not have swept under the rug in a closed session. The public has a right to know. She is not evil. The only reason that you have a FBI investigation is because it was made public.

The3 memo is still garbage no matter how you cut it.

I am sorry, but nothing an investigation can come up with can do any more to damage the credibility of Senator Feinstein. It doesn't matter who leaked the letter, and just about everyone on the Senator Judiciary Committee did a fair job of indicating how much credibility was required to make a determination. It doesn't matter that Dr. Ford said she didn't want the letter released. Not only was the letter released, that's not the worst thing Dr. Ford could have lied about regarding the letter.

It's like chasing the white rabbit, and getting nowhere.

So forgive and forget? You're kidding, right?

What you are saying is worse. This should not have swept under the rug in a closed session. The public has a right to know. She is not evil. The only reason that you have a FBI investigation is because it was made public.

The3 memo is still garbage no matter how you cut it.

Then why didn't she release it 45 days ago when she first got it?

So forgive and forget? You're kidding, right?

No, I am not saying forgive and forget. I am saying that there is nothing anyone is going to find that the other side won't make up some kind of excuse for, and none of it will change the minds of the people that want to believe one way or another. Furthermore, Dr. Ford and Senator Feinstein won't be going to jail, anymore than Brett Kavanaugh will be.

I'm saying the damage is done, screwing things up any more won't change anything, and we need to stop wasting time and resources on Dr. Ford's baseless allegations, or any of the ignorant circus associated with those baseless allegations. There are better and more productive things Congress and law enforcement officials can be working on.

Forum List

Back