Outside counsel tells GOP 'reasonable prosecutor' would not bring Ford case against Kav

Mitchell would be the woman whose skirts the Republican men hid behind. What a bunch of cowards! :lol:

Mitchell also notes the lack of corroboration of Ford's account, including recalling details that could back her story.

Thus the need for an investigation. Duh!

So you too think the FBI has magical powers? You also know the Dems won't care what the FBI finds unless its damning evidence vs. Kav.

Mitchell tells Republican senators "reasonable prosecutor" would not bring Ford case against Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

Mitchell cites inconsistencies in Ford's statements to the committee, The Washington Post, and her therapist about the alleged assault, which Ford alleges took place when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.
Mitchell also notes the lack of corroboration of Ford's account, including recalling details that could back her story.

Mitchell says Ford's account of her age at the time has varied, and raises questions about her recollection of some events, but noted her inability to remember details such as how she got to and from the party where the alleged assault occurred.

In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A 'he said, she said' case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," she wrote. "Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard."

Bottom line --- only one person to blame here ---- DIANE FEINSTEIN!!!!

She could have easily shared the letter with the FBI and had them investigate the verasity. Instead she went to the press knowing that she could win in the court of public opinion but not in a court of law. What an underhanded and evil person she is.
Outside counsel tells GOP 'reasonable prosecutor' would not bring Ford case against Kav

Who's trying to?

Mitchell tells Republican senators "reasonable prosecutor" would not bring Ford case against Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

Mitchell cites inconsistencies in Ford's statements to the committee, The Washington Post, and her therapist about the alleged assault, which Ford alleges took place when she and Kavanaugh were in high school.

Mitchell says Ford's account of her age at the time has varied, and raises questions about her recollection of some events, but noted her inability to remember details such as how she got to and from the party where the alleged assault occurred.

In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A 'he said, she said' case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," she wrote. "Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard."

She could have easily shared the letter with the FBI and had them investigate the verasity. Instead she went to the press knowing that she could win in the court of public opinion but not in a court of law. What an underhanded and evil person she is.

Who's trying to?

Point is there is nothing here to believe Kav is guilty.

Well, considering this ISN'T a court case, that's nice dear.

Quiet Holocaust denier. Your words are pure evil.

Who's trying to?

So why not just say that then?

There is no criminal standard here so the premise is just dumb.

Who's trying to?

Then what standard shall we use? Why are we using the FBI? LOL.

This is not a "he said...she said" case. It is a "She said...they said"
case.

Kav said he didn't do anything and the 4 witnesses she provided either
refute her testimony or cannot reinforce her statement.

This is as cut and dry as it gets.

Who's trying to?

Use the standard of following the facts as they are found.

Kavanaugh has already had difficulty answering questions and answering truthfully. He has not been as open as Ford.

We use the FBI because they do the background investigations for nominees and because they are a non political third party.

case.

You're right about the he said, they said. There are three accusers and many others who have come out about kavanaugh's behavior.
It's not cut and dry. Kavanaugh is the only one of those four to deny the charges. The other three do not remember. Ford's friend actually said she believes her.

guilt is guilt

-Geaux

Who's trying to?

Kavanaugh has already had difficulty answering questions and answering truthfully. He has not been as open as Ford.

We use the FBI because they do the background investigations for nominees and because they are a non political third party.

Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO. If that were you in his shoes and your legacy was being destroyed by an uncoroborrated charge you would be flipping out. His family and reputation are ruined forever because of Feinstein. I would have been much more angry. You have memory that goes back 36 yrs? He said he was not there, he doesn't know her, she has zero corroborating evidence. What else can he answer? You are a Leftist. Yes?

guilt is guilt

-Geaux

Tha avatar is hilarious.

case.

You're right about the he said, they said. There are three accusers and many others who have come out about kavanaugh's behavior.
It's not cut and dry. Kavanaugh is the only one of those four to deny the charges. The other three do not remember. Ford's friend actually said she believes her.

I would believe one of my friends, but under oath, I would tell the truth.
"I don't know anything about it!"

You have to have proof. An allegation alone does not suffice.
And that is in business, not just in court. If you fire someone for
something and cannot back up your reasons for firing...they will sue
your ass for everything you've got.

Who's trying to?

Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO. If that were you in his shoes and your legacy was being destroyed by an uncoroborrated charge you would be flipping out. His family and reputation are ruined forever because of Feinstein. I would have been much more angry. You have memory that goes back 36 yrs? He said he was not there, he doesn't know her, she has zero corroborating evidence. What else can he answer? You are a Leftist. Yes?
Subjective 100%. He has not had any difficulty IMO.

It's objectively clear. Kavanaugh did not once give a clear answer on his drinking or anything about his yearbook entries.

It's objectively clear. Kavanaugh did not once give a clear answer on his drinking or anything about his yearbook entries.
Stupid questions. They did talk about farts though... that was special

-Geaux

Would you? It was 36 yrs ago. Who the F*CK remembers. I thought his answers were as clear as they could have been. The accuser could not recall what she did 7 weeks ago.

case.

I would believe one of my friends, but under oath, I would tell the truth.
"I don't know anything about it!"

You have to have proof. An allegation alone does not suffice.
And that is in business, not just in court. If you fire someone for
something and cannot back up your reasons for firing...they will sue
your ass for everything you've got.

That's why we need the investigation and should hear testimony from the other accusers as well.

Stupid questions. They did talk about farts though... that was special

-Geaux

More precisely, he lied about farts.

Would you? It was 36 yrs ago. Who the F*CK remembers. I thought his answers were as clear as they could have been. The accuser could not recall what she did 7 weeks ago.

Of course I would.

His answers were evasive at best and outright lies at worst.

even if it was Kavanaugh and Judge, there is no way of knowing if he really would have raped her when it came down to it... he held her there, he groped and molested her, but attempted rape could be going too far....

Dr. Ford believed he was going to... she was the one there... the one under duress, but there isn't a way to really prove that imo, even if it were only a week after the incident... no mention of him pulling out his one eyed trouser worm with her....

Plus, he was still a juvenile, first offense, and parents filthy filthy rich... not likely anything would have happened to him even if she reported it THAT NIGHT.

It's NOT about ''getting him on criminal charges'', but his character and temperament and whether he should be promoted and seated on the SC for a lifetime

Forum List

Back