Our current politics and Rush Limbaugh

Seems the same could be said for the constant barrage of mind numbing crap from left wing media.
Don't like Rush? Don't tune in. I sure as hell don't watch CNN or MSNBC.

Yeah the MSM is balanced. LMFAO. Joe if you believe that, you are dumber than you look.

I wouldn't say they are balanced. I would say they see themselves as journalists.

Sorry you can't see the difference, but again, we realize that you are a nihilist...
LOL. Man you are on a roll this morning.

The MSM ARE NOT JOURNALISTS. They are CIA controlled propaganda promoters.

Seems the same could be said for the constant barrage of mind numbing crap from left wing media.
Don't like Rush? Don't tune in. I sure as hell don't watch CNN or MSNBC.
Imagine if Americans stopped consuming MSM media from the left and right. We would be a much better nation.

It's convenient for nutbags to claim that Rush, Hannity and Levin are met with equal bullshit from Maddow, Cooper and Lemon.

Convenient deflection.

Limbaugh proved to normal Americans that they didn't have to consume the slanted, selective, omissive garbage that they were getting on the three major networks and the major news services. He did it in a way that was entertaining, fun, and informative.

No one else I ever heard was able to talk for three hours a day without endlessly repeating himself, and more important, there was always factual news on his program that NO ONE ELSE WAS REPORTING. Not much, but a few tidbits every day.

Fortunately, he tapped into a hungry audience, and hundreds of other like-minded radio personalities were able to expand on his audience and provide the information that normal Americans want.

He has been around for a long time, but the election of Donald Trump has caused the MSM to go insane. Thank God we have Limbaugh and his imitators to balance the crap we get out of the New York Times, CNN, PBS, etc.

It's convenient for nutbags to claim that Rush, Hannity and Levin are met with equal bullshit from Maddow, Cooper and Lemon.

Convenient deflection.
I think Maddow has the level of bias which deserves scrutiny.

I dont know enough about Don Lemon except sometimes seeing him go Ham on New Years, lol.

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.

The Maha Rushdie doesn't regret anything, and why should he? He loves what he's doing, providing real analysis to the people and speaking Truth to Power in the Liberal Elite. El Rushbo's proudest moment was when he followed in the footsteps of his hero, MLK, and received a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize.

America would be in a lot more trouble if the people weren't informed. The Lies by the Liberal Media would be uncontested.

Rush is an opinion guy. If you like what he has to say then his opinion is important.

If you don't like what he has to say than his opinion doesn't mean shit to you.

Easy, Peasy.

Limbaugh proved to normal Americans that they didn't have to consume the slanted, selective, omissive garbage that they were getting on the three major networks and the major news services. He did it in a way that was entertaining, fun, and informative.

No one else I ever heard was able to talk for three hours a day without endlessly repeating himself, and more important, there was always factual news on his program that NO ONE ELSE WAS REPORTING. Not much, but a few tidbits every day.

Fortunately, he tapped into a hungry audience, and hundreds of other like-minded radio personalities were able to expand on his audience and provide the information that normal Americans want.

He has been around for a long time, but the election of Donald Trump has caused the MSM to go insane. Thank God we have Limbaugh and his imitators to balance the crap we get out of the New York Times, CNN, PBS, etc.
Agree with much of that. The problem is Rush is just as slanted to the right, as the MSM is slanted to the left.

What we need are real truth tellers. Not more propagandists.

Forsake your political talk radio/tv stations and tune into your local classical music station instead. Five minutes of Shostakovich is far more soul- enriching than anything the retards that are trying to divide us for profits and power could say.

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.

I remember the way politics were done before Rush.

People like you, got to set the narrative, and you did so, in a way to fuck people like me.

YOU did, what you accuse Rush of doing, first.

What you miss is the days when we didn't fight back.

People like you, got to set the narrative, and you did so, in a way to fuck people like me.

Shut the fuck up..dude.

Shut the fuck up..dude.

No. Never. I, or someone just like me, will be in your face forever.

Shut the fuck up..dude.

Youre not in my face shakespeare...youre a whiny guy on the internet that I can get rid of by pressing "x."

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer first and foremost. There are no actual “facts” in what he promulgates. His job is to sell the narrative that will generate the greatest ratings for his audience. “Liberals suck” will always wheedle the Trump myrmidons...

Shut the fuck up..dude.

Youre not in my face shakespeare...youre a whiny guy on the internet that I can get rid of by pressing "x."

YOu can run away today. But I will still be here. Or someone like me. Forever.

And the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

You can't run from that. That knowledge is in your head, and it will stay there.

Shut the fuck up..dude.

And the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

You can't run from that. That knowledge is in your head, and it will stay there.
That was super gay.

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer first and foremost. There are no actual “facts” in what he promulgates. His job is to sell the narrative that will generate the greatest ratings for his audience. “Liberals suck” will always wheedle the Trump myrmidons...

So, if I present ONE TIME, when he said something True, that will destroy your narrative?

You want to pretend I did that, and move on to the next line of defense? Or do I have to actually cut and paste something?

Shut the fuck up..dude.

That was super gay.

the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

I have no doubt Correll will be here forever whining about how bitterly unfair he’s been treated.

Forum List

Back