Our current politics and Rush Limbaugh

Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer first and foremost. There are no actual “facts” in what he promulgates. His job is to sell the narrative that will generate the greatest ratings for his audience. “Liberals suck” will always wheedle the Trump myrmidons...

So, if I present ONE TIME, when he said something True, that will destroy your narrative?

You want to pretend I did that, and move on to the next line of defense? Or do I have to actually cut and paste something?

Knock yourself out. Note how the word “facts” is written.

Shut the fuck up..dude.

No. Never. I, or someone just like me, will be in your face forever.
Youre not in my face shakespeare...youre a whiny guy on the internet that I can get rid of by pressing "x."

YOu can run away today. But I will still be here. Or someone like me. Forever.

And the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

You can't run from that. That knowledge is in your head, and it will stay there.
That was super gay.

the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

You can't run from that. That knowledge is in your head, and it will stay there.

I remember the way politics were done before Rush.

People like you, got to set the narrative, and you did so, in a way to fuck people like me.

YOU did, what you accuse Rush of doing, first.

What you miss is the days when we didn't fight back.
You sound like you have battered Victim syndrome, dude.

Thats the problem with you perpetually butthurt/angered little babies.

Youre forever feeling persecuted. Grow a set of balls and get the hell away from Politics, for your mental health.

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

He's not a bad or evil person. A former disc jockey, ideologically influenced by his father and grandfather, he was smart and talented enough to introduce a deejay's entertainment sensibility to political talk radio. Characters, songs, comedic segments, all produced and delivered skillfully and effectively. This guy single-handedly saved AM radio and revolutionized a medium.

Fast forward +/- 35 years to today: His massive success spawned any number of local and national copycats, most notably former Rush fill-in host Sean Hannity. While they don't possess anything near Limbaugh's entertainment chops, they hammer away at all his standard talking points and distortion tactics and have largely been able to add Limbaugh's listeners to their own audience. The force and influence of talk radio can not only be measured by its number of listeners; perhaps even more importantly, the constant drum beating and repetition of the talking points has clearly influenced the very thought processes of its listeners.

But as that echo chamber has grown exponentially, its effects go even deeper. Limbaugh certainly couldn't have known about or planned for the explosion of the internet and how it enabled an entire closed-circuit universe of like-minded conservatives. There is no way to understate this. This group now gets ALL of its "news" and "information" from conservative talk radio and conservative internet. Anything outside of that tightly-controlled universe is ignored, dismissed, and/or labeled "fake news", and these people are cut off from facts and information that matter.

While we have always debated and quibbled over facts, we are now in an environment where we are operating under two entirely separate sets of facts and information. This has pulled apart the two ends of the spectrum so far that we appear to have lost the ability to engage in normal adult conversation. How exactly is a republic supposed to function when communication is lost?

Finally, the ravings and tactics of talk radio have been inserted directly into our national politics. They're reflected in the purity tests now imposed on Republican politicians and candidates. And in predictable response, they are now also being reflected in the actions of Democratic politicians and candidates. The chasm continues to grow, and we're seeing the predictable results: Violence, hate, constant talk of civil war.

So I wonder if, in private moments, Rush reflects on what he started and regrets any of it.

I wonder if he privately looks at what has happened to this country and regrets his role in where we are now.

Standing athwart history yelling STOP!

What's there to regret?

I have no doubt Correll will be here forever whining about how bitterly unfair he’s been treated.

Your rude and dismissive spin in noted. And dismissed.

Mr. 36k messages.

No. Never. I, or someone just like me, will be in your face forever.
Youre not in my face shakespeare...youre a whiny guy on the internet that I can get rid of by pressing "x."

YOu can run away today. But I will still be here. Or someone like me. Forever.

And the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

That was super gay.

the only thing that gives my point any weight. Is that on some level you know it is true.

People like you, got to set the narrative, and you did so, in a way to fuck people like me.

You sound like you have battered Victim syndrome, dude.

Thats the problem with you perpetually butthurt/angered little babies.

Youre forever feeling persecuted. Grow a set of balls and get the hell away from Politics, for your mental health.

No, I don't. That is just you being a cowardly asshole.

Isn’t this so much nicer than having some person squawk at you about hoe awful the other side is?

Rush is often full of shit. He attaches all sorts of nefarious beliefs and actions to the left, while promoting the right.

Now how is he different from those in the MSM who do the exact same thing, but reversed?

The MSM actually has to be balanced...

Here's the thing. Every time the MSM did a story on Trump Grabbing Pussy or cheating his charity, they felt an obligation to remind us that "Hillary had that Email thing".

You know, instead of stating the obvious, that Trump is completely unfit for office.

The MSM actually has to be balanced...

upload_2019-10-7_8-10-14.jpeg

Isn’t this so much nicer than having some person squawk at you about hoe awful the other side is?

I think Correll is early for needing his Daily nap. Maybe hes drunk from last night!

Rush Limbaugh should have absolutely NO regrets. He was the first voice to expose the rest of the Mainstream Media as CLOSET Far Left Progressives and staunch Democrats.

NBC, MSBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, PBS, NYT, Washpo, etc are the ones that should have regrets for their Far Left BIAS, lies, and passing off Leftist OPINION as "NEWS".

They invent stories to fit their sick progressive narrative and Democrat agenda.

Last edited:

I think Correll is early for needing his Daily nap. Maybe hes drunk from last night!

I think you are an asshole. And your refusal to address the thread topic, and instead attacking me personally, makes you a troll.

I think you are an asshole. And your refusal to address the thread topic, and instead attacking me personally, makes you a troll.

I addressed it, you may have missed my posts. Youre on one, like usual. Whining about "they they them."

Get a fuckin life

I have no doubt Correll will be here forever whining about how bitterly unfair he’s been treated.

Your rude and dismissive spin in noted. And dismissed.

Mr. 36k messages.

You’re account is what happens when Eeyore eats a shit ton of downers.

The world is going to hell, and I call it like I see it.

Tell me about. The Steelers lost in OT and the seal on my hot pepper jelly didn’t take, spoiling the whole damn jar. It’s pure a hellscape here, mate.

Rush Limbaugh is a genius. His intuition is amazing and he spells out the facts so even an idiot "democrat" should be able to comprehend. Fake news and the morons who still subject themselves to fake news, hate him because he tells the truth.
Do you feel he presents the facts in a fair, comprehensive and accurate way?
What does it matter? You don't deal with facts.

No, Russia Limbaugh is PROUD of his role of dividing this once great country to destroy it from within.
March 22, 2010
RUSH: I'll tell you, I'm going to be very honest. I largely blame myself for this. I do, I'll tell you why I think I'm responsible for this, this partisan divide. It's a good thing, don't misunderstand, but I'm responsible for it.

Democrats hate Rush because he's 10 times more intelligent than any of them (especially the ones on this board. Total idiots).
Russia Limbaugh, like his audience, is too STUPID to know just how DUMB he is.
April 3, 2007
RUSH: Mark my brilliant words on this. ... The vast majority of CO2 that's in the atmosphere comes from water vapor.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.

Democrats hate Rush because he's 10 times more intelligent than any of them (especially the ones on this board. Total idiots).
Russia Limbaugh, like his audience, is too STUPID to know just how DUMB he is.
April 3, 2007
RUSH: Mark my brilliant words on this. ... The vast majority of CO2 that's in the atmosphere comes from water vapor.

March 01, 2012
RUSH: To put it bluntly, dumb people are too dumb to know it." It's a blessing! You know, the worst thing would be to be dumb and to know it -- and there's evidence all over that the dumb do not know they're dumb.
He's worth $500 million. How much are you worth?

Forum List

Back