Our broken education system.

Retired....I have all day every day.

I still have many friends in the trenches. I worry for them.

If you're retired (so I guess you weren't being honest when you said you "deal with it everyday" huh?) then it's time to stop bitching about your former job. Go have a drink and chase some tail around the senior center.

I guess the past 25 years don't count.

When I read lost comments from people that haven't been in a classroom since Nixon was president, yeah I'm going to comment. There is too much ignorance floating around out here about education for me to rest.

Your comment about the "senior center" is a real classy remark. I'm impressed...

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Unk to make classy remarks.

The blather that he posts here max's out his capacity to communicate: He has never taught public school, so whatever branch upon which he's been swinging is his only point of reference.

Just to be clear: You lied in your previous post because you thought it would legitimize your position.

You're funny.

You're not on here to debate anything. You must have a bone to pick.

Until school starts in August I am a paid employee.

I deal with the stuff daily, until school is out (ah, that's when students leave for the summer) and NO ONE deals with the shit until August. Until school starts I'm just like any other teacher during June and July.

Stop deflecting from the real source of discussion....

So, is the problem that you are dishonest, or that you do not understand English grammar?

Just to be clear: You lied in your previous post because you thought it would legitimize your position.

You're funny.

I deal with the stuff daily, until school is out (ah, that's when students leave for the summer) and NO ONE deals with the shit until August. Until school starts I'm just like any other teacher during June and July.

So, is the problem that you are dishonest, or that you do not understand English grammar?

Your meds not working?

Last edited:
You're funny.

Your meds not working?

All set. Now, are you ready to try and be honest for a change?

People still play up to politically correct politics and infect the education system with their hype and the children are always the losers. When was the last time teachers were given a voice in the teaching debate politicians use for their dirty campaigns? Teachers should not be used as a scape goat for dark ages politicians. Education is teaching fact not religious belief.

People still play up to politically correct politics and infect the education system with their hype and the children are always the losers. When was the last time teachers were given a voice in the teaching debate politicians use for their dirty campaigns? Teachers should not be used as a scape goat for dark ages politicians. Education is teaching fact not religious belief.

Was there a point in there somewhere?

Was there a point in there somewhere?

Not for an uneducated buffoon. You support for turning out uneducated idiots is as anti American as any fascist could get. Apparently you are one of the many that have been dumbed down by the political fascists that think education is no longer needed because they need to keep the sheep in line.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and try to make an actual point (hint: just repeating words you clearly don't understand and making baseless accusations is not a 'point').

Calm down, take a deep breath, and try to make an actual point (hint: just repeating words you clearly don't understand and making baseless accusations is not a 'point').

Your uneducated comments have no value to education or anything else. Want religion go to church.

Your uneducated comments have no value to education or anything else. Want religion go to church.

Mr. Off,

Where have I mentioned religion, and upon what do you base this repeated claim that I am "uneducated"? Just curious, Mr. Off.

Items for the Fix Education Wish List:
(1) End Tenure: Tenure only protects bad teachers. Good teachers are protected by what all good employees are protected by - PRODUCING RESULTS. Too many times teachers work towards tenure, then take time off, quit learning themselves, or F-up and go to the rubber room on full pay for years!

(2) Pensions Need to Go: First, the private sector that fronts the bill do not have them. Second, they are never funded, therefore most of the $$$$ set aside for education goes to retired teachers and not the schools. Take Cook County (the most populated county in the midwest). 60% of the tax dollars earmarked for education goes to paying retired teachers! Imagine if even half of that went to the schools. We could reduce class size, add school programs and god forbide hirer teachers. Make adjustments to current retirees, sorry, but there was injustices that must be changed. Second, have a cut off and move new and other teachers into SS and individual retirement plans (401k & IRA).

(3) No more free healthcare: Walker made slight adjusts (still not to the contributions the private sector makes) to teachers paying a portion of their health insurance costs and money became available. This is a no brainer!

(4) Make State Public Unions like Federal PU: Meaning no collective bargaining rights!

(5) More school choice!

(6) Get the Fed out of lower education, AND move them to secondary education!

(7) Raises on MERIT! Length of service can and should be a consideration, but it shouldn't be the determing force.

(8) Take Bullying Seriously: Meaning have consequences! I wasn't as nice to people as I should have. I picked out victims every year and really has ZERO consequences for my actions. I say start the year with daylong seminars on bullying! Hit on the consequences if you bully! ENFORCE the consequences! I hope karma doesn't come back to hit me through my kids, but I made many kids lives hell when I was young. Not to say I was the victim in the matter, but I have extreme amount of regret for my actions!

(1) End Tenure: Tenure only protects bad teachers. Good teachers are protected by what all good employees are protected by - PRODUCING RESULTS. Too many times teachers work towards tenure, then take time off, quit learning themselves, or F-up and go to the rubber room on full pay for years!

(2) Pensions Need to Go: First, the private sector that fronts the bill do not have them. Second, they are never funded, therefore most of the $$$$ set aside for education goes to retired teachers and not the schools. Take Cook County (the most populated county in the midwest). 60% of the tax dollars earmarked for education goes to paying retired teachers! Imagine if even half of that went to the schools. We could reduce class size, add school programs and god forbide hirer teachers. Make adjustments to current retirees, sorry, but there was injustices that must be changed. Second, have a cut off and move new and other teachers into SS and individual retirement plans (401k & IRA).

(3) No more free healthcare: Walker made slight adjusts (still not to the contributions the private sector makes) to teachers paying a portion of their health insurance costs and money became available. This is a no brainer!

(4) Make State Public Unions like Federal PU: Meaning no collective bargaining rights!

(5) More school choice!

(7) Raises on MERIT! Length of service can and should be a consideration, but it shouldn't be the determing force.

(8) Take Bullying Seriously: Meaning have consequences! I wasn't as nice to people as I should have. I picked out victims every year and really has ZERO consequences for my actions. I say start the year with daylong seminars on bullying! Hit on the consequences if you bully! ENFORCE the consequences! I hope karma doesn't come back to hit me through my kids, but I made many kids lives hell when I was young. Not to say I was the victim in the matter, but I have extreme amount of regret for my actions!

Free healthcare? I pay about $800 a month for a single policy. The school corporation chips in about $150.
Factory workers in a Ford plant have it better than this...

Is that a different amount now that you are retired and no longer a teacher?

(5) More school choice!

Free healthcare? I pay about $800 a month for a single policy. The school corporation chips in about $150.
Factory workers in a Ford plant have it better than this...

You are you trying to crap! I know a ton of teachers in Chicagoland area, then pay very little for top notch healthcare. I think it should be equivalent to the private sector (or even a little better)!

There really is only one answer and that's to find a way to make education important to families and children. Right now, education is something done to students, they have no participation in the process. The parents have no participation in the process. The idea is "educate me, I dare you to try". Learning is done to children against a very stubborn will determined to embrace ignorance. No amoount of money, or superlative teachers will overcome a population of students who are so determined to not learn anything.

The big question, if we pay teachers for merit, and we should, who defines what merit is, and who decides the teacher meets the merit criteria?

There really is only one answer and that's to find a way to make education important to families and children. Right now, education is something done to students, they have no participation in the process. The parents have no participation in the process. .

Says who?

Mr. Off,

Where have I mentioned religion, and upon what do you base this repeated claim that I am "uneducated"? Just curious, Mr. Off.

Your comments show your lack of any vision or intelligent comment regarding education. Your troll remarks just show your support for brain dead ideology.

Forum List

Back