Orwell's 1984 Was a Warning, Not a Manual

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Library of Congress is scrubbing "illegal alien" out.

Back in March we talked about the decision by the Library of Congress to stop using “offensive terms” like illegal alien to refer to, er… illegal aliens. Shortly thereafter, Republicans in Congress moved to attach language to the pending appropriations bill which would require the Library of Congress to stick to terminology as it exists in current federal law. But since it hasn’t passed yet, the Library is moving forward with the changes and keeping up the debate in the media. (New York Times)

“There is no other way to put this: the library has bowed to the political pressure of the moment,” Republicans wrote in a May 10 letter to David S. Mao, the acting librarian of Congress. The letter was written by Representatives Lamar Smith and John Culberson, both of Texas, and Senators Ted Cruz of Texas and Jeff Sessions of Alabama, Republicans who have long advocated stricter enforcement of immigration laws.

The House added a provision on June 10 to the legislative branch appropriations bill that would require the library to retain terminology used in federal law, including “alien.” Congress will move forward with the appropriations process when it reconvenes in September. In the meantime, the library is set to stop using “illegal alien,” although library officials are aware they may have to reverse their changes if the provision becomes law.

Keep reading…

Have you Trump fans done your required Two-Minutes Hate of Clinton yet today?

I know without your convention going on, you may have forgotten. It's still required of you.

The end half of that book was a guy being tortured for months.

I can actually see a lot of progressives going that way. There are some twisted fuckers among them. And the torture is described in the exact same way they treat people. They don't ask questions or want anything, but to break the victim.

Have you Trump fans done your required Two-Minutes Hate of Clinton yet today?

Shit I'm sorry. I have been remiss.

While running for US Senate, Hillary stopped at an upstate New York 4-H Club. As one Secret Service agent says, Hillary saw farmers and cows and then erupted. “She turned to a staffer and said, ‘What the f - - - did we come here for? There’s no money here.’ ”

Within the White House, Hillary had a “standing rule that no one spoke to her when she was going from one location to another,” says former FBI agent Coy Copeland. “In fact, anyone who would see her coming would just step into the first available office.”
One former Secret Service agent states, “If Hillary was walking down a hall, you were supposed to hide behind drapes used as partitions.”

This lie is on the same level as Obama claiming to be a Christian:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton broke with President Obama over the massive new Pacific trade deal Wednesday, announcing she now opposes the agreement she helped shepherd during her time as the country’s top diplomat.
The 2016 Democratic presidential front-runner revealed her stance in an interview with PBS, then released a statement saying given what she knows now about the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal, which negotiators from the U.S. and 11 other nations reached earlier this week, “I can’t support this agreement."

It's her baby. Her "gold standard of trade deals". It's going to cripple us.

hillarysmirk.jpg

Hillarytrance.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back