O'Reilly interrupts Obama 22 times in 14 minutes

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Only uncouth right wingers and Chris Mathews.

I was trying to find an interview where Bush was treated like that. Couldn't find one.
That's because Bush actually answered questions. I swear interviewing barack obama is like herding night crawlers.

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Only uncouth right wingers and Chris Mathews.

I was trying to find an interview where Bush was treated like that. Couldn't find one.
That's because Bush actually answered questions. I swear interviewing barack obama is like herding night crawlers.

:lol:

Common sense would suggest that, if he wants to remain President after 2012, he will need to attract the moderates and independents back.... O'Reilly has a massive audience - and - more importantly - he's respected by moderates and independents. Ergo, it is necessary for Obama to give interviews to Bill.

Maybe compared to "Dog Whisperer" or "Housewives of Atlanta". Not even close to "massive".

Lawrence O'Donnell made an excellent point about O'Reilly's ego and stupidity: When you are constantly interrupting, you are guaranteeing that no news will result. Better to let the President finish a thought, and maybe he will say something newsworthy, or make a gaffe, or . . . something.

All it accomplished was confirming that O'Reilly truly is The Worst Person In The World.

It also confirms that O'Reilly is not really interested in listening and learning from anyone else.

Even the president of the United States.

That's because he's more interested in a 'gotcha', so that's what he's listening for.

Yesterday the pre-game Super Bowl interview between Bill O'Reilly and President Obama covered many substantive issues, but much of the Twitter world and blogosphere was more concerned with O'Reilly's behavior in the interview. As can be seen in the video to the left, O'Reilly continually cut off the President in order to ask another question, redirect the interview, or simply make a statement. To many, O'Reilly's actions were disrespectful to Obama and, more importantly, the office of President of the United States. Of course, O'Reilly fans and conservatives have a much different point of view.

To a certain degree an improper interruption is all in the eye of the beholder, but numbers are objective. O'Reilly interrupted the President a total 22 times in a 15 minute interview. Many times O'Reilly did not interrupt to ask another question, but instead to insert a statement of his own. For instance, at one point after President Obama was explaining the justification behind the individual mandate in health care reform, O'Reilly stated at the (7:28) mark, "but you understand that a lot of Americans feel that you are a big government liberal who wants to intrude on their personal freedom." When President Obama tried to respond to that statement O'Reilly quickly cut him off again.

On average President Obama was given just 26 seconds to answer every question from O'Reilly. The maximum amount of time the President had to answer any question was 51 seconds. Often the President would be cut off within the first ten seconds of his answer. O'Reilly's questions often covered complicated subject matter, such as the transition to a new government in Egypt. O'Reilly also asked very personal and introspective questions, such as when he asked the President whether he has changed since being elected. After Obama reflected for a second and began to answer O'Reilly interrupted after ten seconds to tell the President how others think he has changed.

O'Reilly takes criticism for interruptions in Obama Super Bowl interview (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Let me guess. You wanted O'Reilly to say hi and allow Obama to blither for the rest of the time.

It was an interview, and the job of the interviewer is to ask questions, get the answers, and move on. His job is not to sit there and let the interviewee get away with not answering the questions. I know you might not understand how that works if all you have ever watched is other interviews of Obama, because most interviewers have their noses so far up his ass that they couldn't interrupt him if they wanted to, but that is a lack on their part.

No, it was not an interview. It was O'Reilly "going up against" the President.

You lefties make it sound like Obama should be wearing short pants and a beanie..

14 minutes of tough questioning in over 2 years..... sheez.. the horror...

:lmao:

You lefties make it sound like Obama should be wearing short pants and a beanie..

and it wasnt really that tough questioning
O'Reilly gave him softballs
LOL

LOL

I was gong to mention that but I thought I'd give a little...:lol:...it's that PollyAndy thing...

Last edited:

LOL

I was gong to mention that but I thought I'd give a little...:lol:...it's that PollyAndy thing...
icon14.gif

Yesterday the pre-game Super Bowl interview between Bill O'Reilly and President Obama covered many substantive issues, but much of the Twitter world and blogosphere was more concerned with O'Reilly's behavior in the interview. As can be seen in the video to the left, O'Reilly continually cut off the President in order to ask another question, redirect the interview, or simply make a statement. To many, O'Reilly's actions were disrespectful to Obama and, more importantly, the office of President of the United States. Of course, O'Reilly fans and conservatives have a much different point of view.

To a certain degree an improper interruption is all in the eye of the beholder, but numbers are objective. O'Reilly interrupted the President a total 22 times in a 15 minute interview. Many times O'Reilly did not interrupt to ask another question, but instead to insert a statement of his own. For instance, at one point after President Obama was explaining the justification behind the individual mandate in health care reform, O'Reilly stated at the (7:28) mark, "but you understand that a lot of Americans feel that you are a big government liberal who wants to intrude on their personal freedom." When President Obama tried to respond to that statement O'Reilly quickly cut him off again.

On average President Obama was given just 26 seconds to answer every question from O'Reilly. The maximum amount of time the President had to answer any question was 51 seconds. Often the President would be cut off within the first ten seconds of his answer. O'Reilly's questions often covered complicated subject matter, such as the transition to a new government in Egypt. O'Reilly also asked very personal and introspective questions, such as when he asked the President whether he has changed since being elected. After Obama reflected for a second and began to answer O'Reilly interrupted after ten seconds to tell the President how others think he has changed.

O'Reilly takes criticism for interruptions in Obama Super Bowl interview (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Let me guess. You wanted O'Reilly to say hi and allow Obama to blither for the rest of the time.

It was an interview, and the job of the interviewer is to ask questions, get the answers, and move on. His job is not to sit there and let the interviewee get away with not answering the questions. I know you might not understand how that works if all you have ever watched is other interviews of Obama, because most interviewers have their noses so far up his ass that they couldn't interrupt him if they wanted to, but that is a lack on their part.

Did you complain when Bush was interrupted during his interview on Irish TV? Or did you, like the rest of the partisan hacks, merely scoff?

Did you complain when Bush was interrupted during his interview on Irish TV? Or did you, like the rest of the partisan hacks, merely scoff?
I don't get Irish TV.

How pathetic do you have to be to be digging out interviews from foreign countries? That's pretty fucked up, even for you. But I suppose you must live up to your username.

The last time I checked (which is never, since it is self-evident), foreign broadcasters are not bound by our journalistic standards.

I don't get Irish TV.

How pathetic do you have to be to be digging out interviews from foreign countries? That's pretty fucked up, even for you. But I suppose you must live up to your username.

The last time I checked (which is never, since it is self-evident), foreign broadcasters are not bound by our journalistic standards.
wait, if there is a "journalistic standard" doesn't that cross national boundaries?

Oh my goodness!! Is that going to be against the law from now on? Like most liars (lawyers) Obama is more likely to change the subject than answer a direct question. Fawning left wing sycophants disguised as reporters would let him ramble. O'Reilly kept him on track.

And they accuse Republicans of whining about PETTY things.

this one takes the prize.

waaa waaa waaa. he interrupted the boyking.........waaaaaaaaaaaaa:lol:

I saw bits of the interview. Every time O'Riely cut him off it was b/c big 0 was about to give yet another speech, where he said a lot but never answered the questioned.

How fucking boring is the life a person that counts such things?

I saw bits of the interview. Every time O'Riely cut him off it was b/c big 0 was about to give yet another speech, where he said a lot but never answered the questioned.

How fucking boring is the life a person that counts such things?

THANK YOU!
For God's sake...what dumbass counts interruptions instead of speaking on what was said?

Forum List

Back