O'Reilly interrupts Obama 22 times in 14 minutes

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Yesterday the pre-game Super Bowl interview between Bill O'Reilly and President Obama covered many substantive issues, but much of the Twitter world and blogosphere was more concerned with O'Reilly's behavior in the interview. As can be seen in the video to the left, O'Reilly continually cut off the President in order to ask another question, redirect the interview, or simply make a statement. To many, O'Reilly's actions were disrespectful to Obama and, more importantly, the office of President of the United States. Of course, O'Reilly fans and conservatives have a much different point of view.

To a certain degree an improper interruption is all in the eye of the beholder, but numbers are objective. O'Reilly interrupted the President a total 22 times in a 15 minute interview. Many times O'Reilly did not interrupt to ask another question, but instead to insert a statement of his own. For instance, at one point after President Obama was explaining the justification behind the individual mandate in health care reform, O'Reilly stated at the (7:28) mark, "but you understand that a lot of Americans feel that you are a big government liberal who wants to intrude on their personal freedom." When President Obama tried to respond to that statement O'Reilly quickly cut him off again.

On average President Obama was given just 26 seconds to answer every question from O'Reilly. The maximum amount of time the President had to answer any question was 51 seconds. Often the President would be cut off within the first ten seconds of his answer. O'Reilly's questions often covered complicated subject matter, such as the transition to a new government in Egypt. O'Reilly also asked very personal and introspective questions, such as when he asked the President whether he has changed since being elected. After Obama reflected for a second and began to answer O'Reilly interrupted after ten seconds to tell the President how others think he has changed.

O'Reilly takes criticism for interruptions in Obama Super Bowl interview (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

Charlie Rose is a GREAT interviewer. He can interview in an contradictive manner and still be professional and respectful.

Believe it or not, O'Reilly is the most sane BUFFOON on that network.

The nutters will continue to sink as Obama continues to rise.

If Obama was ignorant enough to talk to O'reilley then he truly deserved every interruption.

I have to agree with this. Obama further lowered himself in my opinion by plaing the pundits game.

I sort of think he does it to stay sharp. Even though it was sort of painful to watch, it looks like Obama is enjoying the sparring.:lol:

Perhaps he was enjoying it, but it was not presidential nor a smart political move.
Clowntoon enjoyed a Monica blowjob too, however....

I just don't know why the leader of the so called free world would speak on fox. I don't like Obama but that smacked of hubris. I thought he was smarter than that and I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it.

I have to agree with this. Obama further lowered himself in my opinion by plaing the pundits game.

I sort of think he does it to stay sharp. Even though it was sort of painful to watch, it looks like Obama is enjoying the sparring.:lol:

Perhaps he was enjoying it, but it was not presidential nor a smart political move.
Clowntoon enjoyed a Monica blowjob too, however....

Maybe not "smart" politically..but I think it's a refreshing change that a President actually takes these kinds of risks. And we sort of need more of it. It's good for democracy.

Sad that Obama does not have the balls to take the risks our country really needs.
But then no one in government does. Well maybe 6 or 12.

Charlie Rose is a GREAT interviewer. He can interview in an contradictive manner and still be professional and respectful.

I wonder how great he would be limited to 15 minutes, I figure maybe one answer..

Forum List

Back