O'Reilly interrupts Obama 22 times in 14 minutes

If he hadn't interupted Obama, he would have used the full 14 minutes to answer just one question...

Well, uh...you see, Bill, my point is...uh no, now hold on here. Give me a minute Bill, there's nuance here and, uh...this is a, you know, an important issue for middle-class America and, uh, working folks, the kitchen table with bills piling up and...uh...

*swats fly in midair*

uh, well, folks are having a tough time, so uh...they expect it not to be, you know, business as usual in Washington and...uh, I intend to change, um... uh, that.

I have to agree with this. Obama further lowered himself in my opinion by plaing the pundits game.

I sort of think he does it to stay sharp. Even though it was sort of painful to watch, it looks like Obama is enjoying the sparring.:lol:

Perhaps he was enjoying it, but it was not presidential nor a smart political move.
Clowntoon enjoyed a Monica blowjob too, however....

Common sense would suggest that, if he wants to remain President after 2012, he will need to attract the moderates and independents back.... O'Reilly has a massive audience - and - more importantly - he's respected by moderates and independents. Ergo, it is necessary for Obama to give interviews to Bill.

I just don't know why the leader of the so called free world would speak on fox. I don't like Obama but that smacked of hubris. I thought he was smarter than that and I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching it.

Yes, "The View" chickfest is SO much more presidential...as they gush and fawn over his eminence without the inconvenience of anyone asking questions....lmao..

I sort of think he does it to stay sharp. Even though it was sort of painful to watch, it looks like Obama is enjoying the sparring.:lol:

Perhaps he was enjoying it, but it was not presidential nor a smart political move.

Common sense would suggest that, if he wants to remain President after 2012, he will need to attract the moderates and independents back.... O'Reilly has a massive audience - and - more importantly - he's respected by moderates and independents. Ergo, it is necessary for Obama to give interviews to Bill.

As far as I understand it .. because Fox covered the Super Bowl they got a 15 minute interview with President Obama....you think he did that interview by choice..:lol:

As far as I understand it .. because Fox covered the Super Bowl they got a 15 minute interview with President Obama....you think he did that interview by choice..:lol:

I personally think that - as the President - he has a responsibility to give access to media outlets who do not march lockstep with his views. It's just me, but I figure that he's President to ALL Americans, not just the left.

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

I don't watch O'Reilly , his whole schtic is to badger and interrupt. I don't watch Bill Mauer either. His whole schtic is to load his guest up with people that agree with him and invite one poor schmuck to be his victim.

And who ever claimed O'Reilly was a good interviewer? His ENTERTAINMENT program obviously delivers what his viewers want. He has been the same since DAY ONE. Obama had to know that BEFORE he agree to the show. His advisors would have warned him even if for some reason he did not know.

I personally think that - as the President - he has a responsibility to give access to media outlets who do not march lockstep with his views. It's just me, but I figure that he's President to ALL Americans, not just the left.

I'd call that a wish at this point...:lol:

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

I don't watch O'Reilly , his whole schtic is to badger and interrupt. I don't watch Bill Mauer either. His whole schtic is to load his guest up with people that agree with him and invite one poor schmuck to be his victim.

And who ever claimed O'Reilly was a good interviewer? His ENTERTAINMENT program obviously delivers what his viewers want. He has been the same since DAY ONE. Obama had to know that BEFORE he agree to the show. His advisors would have warned him even if for some reason he did not know.

I guess I don't mind badgering and interrupting if they spill the beans..:blowup:

Oliely has no respect for the presidency of the united states.

He only cares about America when its his guy in office.

Can you imagine for one second Bush going and being interviewed by Bill Mahr?

The president gave an interview.

He was treated with utter disrespect by the interviewer.

Some dont care because it was their team doing the disrespecting.

Obama was foolish to interview with O'Reilly.

Giving credibility to that man was just plain old dumb

Believe it or not, O'Reilly is the most sane BUFFOON on that network.

The nutters will continue to sink as Obama continues to rise.

He has always been about his own advancement, a Populist. There have been more than a few better than him on FOX. Gretta is better than him.

He was trying to reach a certain segment of the American people.

He needs to realize this group he was trying to reach will never like him because of the propaganda they hear day in and day out.

At least he tried to reach them.

They will likely hate him more for for trying to reach them.

O'Reilly's view of Obama will change with the Polls. Thats a given.

He needs to realize this group he was trying to reach will never like him because of the propaganda they hear day in and day out.

Not true. O'Reilly's Audience is huge, like it or not. You can't speak for the diversity there.

The ONLY people who listen to Oliely are right wing.

It is the segment he was trying to reach.

You can pretend that a diverse group listens to him but its not true.

He has a large right wing audience.

If O'Reilly didn't interrupt the President he would have taken 10 minutes to answer the first question and 5 to answer the second and then it's say goodnight Gracie....end of interview.

Yes, that is likely his motive for going on that show.

Waste of time in my opinion.

Had I been advising him I'd have suggested that going on O'Reilly's show was a political mistake.

Not merely because he wasn't going to win a single convert by appearing, but because by going on that show he gave that show more credibility than it truly deserves.

I think I understand why he did it.

I just think it was an impolitic thing to do.

Forum List

Back