O'Reilly interrupts Obama 22 times in 14 minutes

Bill O'Reilly's mission statement...

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.

When the law is on your side argue the law.

When you have neither, bang on the table.

That's Matthews, dummy.....

Perhaps he was enjoying it, but it was not presidential nor a smart political move.
Clowntoon enjoyed a Monica blowjob too, however....

Common sense would suggest that, if he wants to remain President after 2012, he will need to attract the moderates and independents back.... O'Reilly has a massive audience - and - more importantly - he's respected by moderates and independents. Ergo, it is necessary for Obama to give interviews to Bill.

Maybe compared to "Dog Whisperer" or "Housewives of Atlanta". Not even close to "massive".

Lawrence O'Donnell made an excellent point about O'Reilly's ego and stupidity: When you are constantly interrupting, you are guaranteeing that no news will result. Better to let the President finish a thought, and maybe he will say something newsworthy, or make a gaffe, or . . . something.

All it accomplished was confirming that O'Reilly truly is The Worst Person In The World.

It also confirms that O'Reilly is not really interested in listening and learning from anyone else.

Even the president of the United States.

Common sense would suggest that, if he wants to remain President after 2012, he will need to attract the moderates and independents back.... O'Reilly has a massive audience - and - more importantly - he's respected by moderates and independents. Ergo, it is necessary for Obama to give interviews to Bill.

Maybe compared to "Dog Whisperer" or "Housewives of Atlanta". Not even close to "massive".

Lawrence O'Donnell made an excellent point about O'Reilly's ego and stupidity: When you are constantly interrupting, you are guaranteeing that no news will result. Better to let the President finish a thought, and maybe he will say something newsworthy, or make a gaffe, or . . . something.

All it accomplished was confirming that O'Reilly truly is The Worst Person In The World.

It also confirms that O'Reilly is not really interested in listening and learning from anyone else.

:lol:.. ya right

Yesterday the pre-game Super Bowl interview between Bill O'Reilly and President Obama covered many substantive issues, but much of the Twitter world and blogosphere was more concerned with O'Reilly's behavior in the interview. As can be seen in the video to the left, O'Reilly continually cut off the President in order to ask another question, redirect the interview, or simply make a statement. To many, O'Reilly's actions were disrespectful to Obama and, more importantly, the office of President of the United States. Of course, O'Reilly fans and conservatives have a much different point of view.

To a certain degree an improper interruption is all in the eye of the beholder, but numbers are objective. O'Reilly interrupted the President a total 22 times in a 15 minute interview. Many times O'Reilly did not interrupt to ask another question, but instead to insert a statement of his own. For instance, at one point after President Obama was explaining the justification behind the individual mandate in health care reform, O'Reilly stated at the (7:28) mark, "but you understand that a lot of Americans feel that you are a big government liberal who wants to intrude on their personal freedom." When President Obama tried to respond to that statement O'Reilly quickly cut him off again.

On average President Obama was given just 26 seconds to answer every question from O'Reilly. The maximum amount of time the President had to answer any question was 51 seconds. Often the President would be cut off within the first ten seconds of his answer. O'Reilly's questions often covered complicated subject matter, such as the transition to a new government in Egypt. O'Reilly also asked very personal and introspective questions, such as when he asked the President whether he has changed since being elected. After Obama reflected for a second and began to answer O'Reilly interrupted after ten seconds to tell the President how others think he has changed.

O'Reilly takes criticism for interruptions in Obama Super Bowl interview (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Let me guess. You wanted O'Reilly to say hi and allow Obama to blither for the rest of the time.

It was an interview, and the job of the interviewer is to ask questions, get the answers, and move on. His job is not to sit there and let the interviewee get away with not answering the questions. I know you might not understand how that works if all you have ever watched is other interviews of Obama, because most interviewers have their noses so far up his ass that they couldn't interrupt him if they wanted to, but that is a lack on their part.

Yesterday the pre-game Super Bowl interview between Bill O'Reilly and President Obama covered many substantive issues, but much of the Twitter world and blogosphere was more concerned with O'Reilly's behavior in the interview. As can be seen in the video to the left, O'Reilly continually cut off the President in order to ask another question, redirect the interview, or simply make a statement. To many, O'Reilly's actions were disrespectful to Obama and, more importantly, the office of President of the United States. Of course, O'Reilly fans and conservatives have a much different point of view.

To a certain degree an improper interruption is all in the eye of the beholder, but numbers are objective. O'Reilly interrupted the President a total 22 times in a 15 minute interview. Many times O'Reilly did not interrupt to ask another question, but instead to insert a statement of his own. For instance, at one point after President Obama was explaining the justification behind the individual mandate in health care reform, O'Reilly stated at the (7:28) mark, "but you understand that a lot of Americans feel that you are a big government liberal who wants to intrude on their personal freedom." When President Obama tried to respond to that statement O'Reilly quickly cut him off again.

On average President Obama was given just 26 seconds to answer every question from O'Reilly. The maximum amount of time the President had to answer any question was 51 seconds. Often the President would be cut off within the first ten seconds of his answer. O'Reilly's questions often covered complicated subject matter, such as the transition to a new government in Egypt. O'Reilly also asked very personal and introspective questions, such as when he asked the President whether he has changed since being elected. After Obama reflected for a second and began to answer O'Reilly interrupted after ten seconds to tell the President how others think he has changed.

O'Reilly takes criticism for interruptions in Obama Super Bowl interview (Video) - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Let me guess. You wanted O'Reilly to say hi and allow Obama to blither for the rest of the time.

It was an interview, and the job of the interviewer is to ask questions, get the answers, and move on. His job is not to sit there and let the interviewee get away with not answering the questions. I know you might not understand how that works if all you have ever watched is other interviews of Obama, because most interviewers have their noses so far up his ass that they couldn't interrupt him if they wanted to, but that is a lack on their part.

Sorry, O'Reilly is not an interviewer. He tries to bully and shout people down. He does it all the time.

Chris Wallace would have been a better choice. He asks tough questions and lets people answer.

But maybe Obama was playing rope a dope with O'Reilly. If he was, it worked.

Sorry, O'Reilly is not an interviewer. He tries to bully and shout people down. He does it all the time.

Chris Wallace would have been a better choice. He asks tough questions and lets people answer.

you are an idiot

Obvious you have never ready any books on how men and women communicate. It's a well known fact that men interupt each other all the time.

Been watching the interview. O'Reilly isn't really much of an interviewer..he badgers. Michael Moore does very much the same thing. A good interviewer, in my book, basically is able to get people to open up..and finish a thought. Charlie Rose is masterful at that.

The best interviewer I have seen is Bret Baier also of Fox News. He kept Obama from wandering and on the subject almost as well as O'Reilley. I do not believe O'R disrespected Obama although I can certainly appreciate how observors from the president's political side would think so. Had he not been held to tight answers he would've fillibustered.

I personally believe the president comes across better when he is interviewed with some rigor and held to short answers than when he eats up time as he is want to do. I beleve that is when he attracts more unafiliated to his point of view.

I never watch the guy so I wouldn't know. However, if what you say is true, Obama should have known that going in. You should be whinging about the fact that Obama is never prepared for what he faces, and that the people he surrounds himself with are all idiots.

obama knows little worth learning. What he does know is how to lie while looking sincere.

I never watch the guy so I wouldn't know. However, if what you say is true, Obama should have known that going in. You should be whinging about the fact that Obama is never prepared for what he faces, and that the people he surrounds himself with are all idiots.

I'm an not "whinging."

I am just pointing out the obvious.

I'm an not "whinging."

I am just pointing out the obvious.
you totally miss the obvious

moron

Can you believe someone ACTUALLY sat there and counted this up.

cracks me up.

waaa.:lol:

Last edited:
Bill O'Reilly's mission statement...

When the facts are on your side, argue the facts.

When the law is on your side argue the law.

When you have neither, bang on the table.
The banging on the table comes from the frustration of asking someone a question and getting a response that amounts to a rehearsed talking point irrelevant to the question. bill clinton was the master at that. obama has learned well. clinton, and now obama go to an interview with a hat full of talking points and a shit load of feel good rhetoric. They spew the party line that is the most appropriate to the subject matter of the post. A question could be about foreign relations re. Israel. The o will mention Israel in the first sentence and spend the next 2 minutes talking about http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...GsZyeCQ&ved=0CCYQvwUoAQ&q=Palestinian&spell=1Palestinians.

Forum List

Back