Ordering Americans To Buy $50 Lightbulbs

I pointed out that all materials could be readily found INTRA STATE, do try to keep up.

To make the same incandescent you can buy in the stores now? Don't think so. Definitely not for a reasonable price and in enough quantity for mass scale production.

If you wanna make your own incandescents for your own use no law will stop you - if the bulb never enters commerce you're fine.

Forgive me I did not read all the way throw this so if it has been said already sorry......if they ban bulbs douse that mean all bulbs and just leave the $50 led....fill me in on this

One really needs delve into the history of the green machine to appreciate the depth and breath of it. Consider, the ball started rolling 2 decades ago>

Energy Policy Act of 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

most of you don't even know you can't build /renovate/retrofit legally without addressing the specifics, and that's because there's few energy cops

not so far, that is.....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250609top2.jpg

unclefester.jpg

We're not cheap, but got lucky
Mysterious and funky,
We're altogether kooky,
The Green team Family.

If your house is a museum.
We'll be along to see 'em
we really are a screa-um.
The Green team Family

How the hell did the administration ever get away with promoting light bulbs made with toxic heavy metals as being "green"? If you read the instructions (how much paper does it take to instruct the public how to screw in a lightbulb) you have to call in a haz-mat crew if you break one of those mercury based light bulbs. Sometimes you break one over your head and are showered with toxic stuff in your eyes. How green is that? How do you trade off energy logic when the president takes half a dozen 747's to Norway to campaign for a Chicago winter Olympics that ain't gonna happen. It's all a liberal shell game.

You know you are talking about the Bush administration, right?

How the hell did the administration ever get away with promoting light bulbs made with toxic heavy metals as being "green"? If you read the instructions (how much paper does it take to instruct the public how to screw in a lightbulb) you have to call in a haz-mat crew if you break one of those mercury based light bulbs. Sometimes you break one over your head and are showered with toxic stuff in your eyes. How green is that? How do you trade off energy logic when the president takes half a dozen 747's to Norway to campaign for a Chicago winter Olympics that ain't gonna happen. It's all a liberal shell game.

they do now ;)

Whitehall, check out when the whole "ban the bulbs" thing went down, the dates, you will see what dean means.

they do now ;)

Whitehall, check out when the whole "ban the bulbs" thing went down, the dates, you will see what dean means.

It was a Democratic Congress policy, but a Republican President signed the bill. But it doesn't matter one whit whether they have a "D" or an "R" beside their name, the effect of taking away choices, opportunities, options, and freedoms is the same for the American people.

And honestly people, if we don't wake up in a big hurry here and start smelling the stench and cleaning it up, there is going to be more and more and more of this.

If CFLs and LED lightbulbs are so superior to incandescents, just put them on the market and promote the hell out of them. And if they are the better or more desirable product, the American people will buy them. If incandescent bulbs become too undesirable to be profitable, the manufacturers will discontinue making them.

The only thing the government should be doing is teaching and promoting energy conservation. They should not be micromanaging it.

Does the govt force people to buy lightbulbs?

Many people are content to sit in the glow of the TV screen with no lights on.
No lights on but someone is home.

they do now ;)

It was a Democratic Congress policy, but a Republican President signed the bill. But it doesn't matter one whit whether they have a "D" or an "R" beside their name, the effect of taking away choices, opportunities, options, and freedoms is the same for the American people.
And honestly people, if we don't wake up in a big hurry here and start smelling the stench and cleaning it up, there is going to be more and more and more of this.

If CFLs and LED lightbulbs are so superior to incandescents, just put them on the market and promote the hell out of them. And if they are the better or more desirable product, the American people will buy them. If incandescent bulbs become too undesirable to be profitable, the manufacturers will discontinue making them.

The only thing the government should be doing is teaching and promoting energy conservation. They should not be micromanaging it.

We dont disagree here ;) or on the rest of that.

What a kooky World we live in. Some people are actually flabbergasted that anyone would suggest allowing the People to have the right to decide which light bulb they want to use. Man,what happened to these people? The Government should not be banning light bulbs and forcing Citizens to buy their preferred light bulbs. It's just wrong. Lets give Freedom a chance instead. How bout it Government?

What a kooky World we live in. Some people are actually flabbergasted that anyone would suggest allowing the People to have the right to decide which light bulb they want to use. Man,what happened to these people? The Government should not be banning light bulbs and forcing Citizens to buy their preferred light bulbs. It's just wrong. Lets give Freedom a chance instead. How bout it Government?

Don't think much of anyone that's going to hang their hat on this. What fool would want to dpend 300% extra for lighting?!?! Only libertarians who consider their personal feelings paramount, even when it comes to their own et!!! None of the given reasons seem worthwhile and they all boil down to, "because that's what I want". Many of these same people will wail about government policy that hampers the development of new oil fields, but somehow it's a crime to extend the life of the old ones!!!

Don't think much of anyone that's going to hang their hat on this. What fool would want to dpend 300% extra for lighting?!?! Only libertarians who consider their personal feelings paramount, even when it comes to their own et!!! None of the given reasons seem worthwhile and they all boil down to, "because that's what I want". Many of these same people will wail about government policy that hampers the development of new oil fields, but somehow it's a crime to extend the life of the old ones!!!

The Government's job should be to enact whatever regulation is absolutely necessary and ONLY that which is necessary to prevent irrevocable damage to the enviroment or intolerably unhealthy conditions for uninvolved citiziens. Apart from that it should then encourage private industry to explore, upgrade, improve, increase, and develop all energy sources. Then it should get out of the way and let private enterprise get it done.

Oh please. The government has regulated all sorts of electronic devices sold in commerce for decades. You've only got your panties in a fucking bunch over this one because the right wing media tells you to. Why aren't you bitching about not being able to buy leaded gasoline?

Oh please. The government has regulated all sorts of electronic devices sold in commerce for decades. You've only got your panties in a fucking bunch over this one because the right wing media tells you to. Why aren't you bitching about not being able to buy leaded gasoline?

Do you at all see this as bit by bit, bill by bill, initiative by initiative, regulation by regulation, and mandate by mandate the government taking away the rights, choices, opportunities, and options of the people and transferring more and more power to the government?

That doesn't bother you in the least?

Do you at all see this as bit by bit, bill by bill, initiative by initiative, regulation by regulation, and mandate by mandate the government taking away the rights, choices, opportunities, and options of the people and transferring more and more power to the government?

Jesus fucking Christ, you'd buy a black and white tube TV if someone told you that you weren't allowed to buy them.

Sorry but I the only incandescent bulbs I need are the little chandelier ones and those are excepted. Nor do I need leaded gasoline. I'm sorry you can't buy leaded gas.

Did you know you're not allowed to use a horse drawn carriage on the interstate?

Jesus fucking Christ, you'd buy a black and white tube TV if someone told you that you weren't allowed to buy them.

Sorry but I the only incandescent bulbs I need are the little chandelier ones and those are excepted. Nor do I need leaded gasoline. I'm sorry you can't buy leaded gas.

Did you know you're not allowed to use a horse drawn carriage on the interstate?

Noting your non sequitur comments and asking you to answer the question.

Noting your non sequitur comments and asking you to answer the question.

What about my answer would lead to believe I am bothered in the least that I won't be able to buy ancient technology just so I can burn more energy for the fuck of it?

The bulb banning is a corporate driven mandate. Less power used means less power plants need to be ocnstructed and the power grid does not require costly upgrages and expansion.

Forum List

Back