Open Letter To Beto RE 2nd Amendment

Lifted from an email sent to me. 100% concur.

Dear Beto,

Can I call you Beto? Great.

Anyway, I wanted to take a few moments to write an open letter to you regarding some of your recent thoughts on gun control. In particular, your comments regarding mandatory buybacks.

On The View earlier this week, Meghan McCain commented that such an act would trigger violence. Her comment sparked outrage all over the internet. You, yourself, argued that McCainā€™s comments amounted to ā€œIt becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ā€˜You know this is this is going to happen.ā€™ā€

Allow me to clue you in on something, Beto. Thereā€™s not a single gun owner in this country who is looking to Meghan McCain for permission to oppose the tyranny of a mandatory buyback.

McCainā€™s comments werenā€™t permission, they were a warning. It wasnā€™t something new, something she just pulled out of the ether in order to spark some controversy. Sheā€™s merely echoing the statements people have made for decades regarding their willingness to die for their Second Amendment rights.

By claiming its a self-fulfilling prophecy and that people like McCain are giving people permission, youā€™re telling on yourself. Youā€™re telling each and every one of us that you have never bothered to listen to a damn thing any of us have said.

I didnā€™t even know who Meghan McCain was when I first heard someone issue the dire warning that if some form of gun confiscation were to happen, the first thing the jackboots trying to take them would get was the ammunition delivered at high velocity. The gun-rights community has warned that efforts to take away or guns would lead to civil war for years now.

You just didnā€™t want to listen.

We often talk about lawmakers being out of touch, and youā€™ve just become the poster boy for that, Beto. You are so wrapped up in your liberal bubble that you simply canā€™t understand that this is a thing, this is something weā€™ve gone on about for ages. You canā€™t understand it because you donā€™t want to understand it. In your mind, weā€™re all just good little drones who will do whatever Big Daddy Government wants us to do.

Weā€™re not.

Weā€™re the heirs of Lexington and Concord. Weā€™re the children of Valley Forge and Bunker Hill. Weā€™re a defiant, freedom-loving bunch that isnā€™t rolling over because some spoiled rich kid thinks we should.

Let me make it clear for you. If you come for our guns, we are going to fight back. We donā€™t look to Meghan McCain for permission to do that. She could tell us not to, and weā€™d still fight back.

Beto, you need to understand. You need to learn. You need to come to grasp the simple fact that weā€™re not like you. We donā€™t look at government as an unmitigated good whose lead we should always follow. We have reasons for that. Itā€™s called the history of the 20th Century filled with countless atrocities, atrocities carried out under the umbrella of government.

Those atrocities could only be carried out because the populations were unarmed.

Weā€™re not sheep. We will not be herded into genocide all because some well-meaning but sheltered rich boy who has never lived in a high-crime neighborhood in his life could tell us what we need and donā€™t need.

Meghan McCain gave no one permission for anything. Further, gun owners donā€™t need such a permission. Our permission was penned in 1776 and signed on July 4th.

- Tom Knighton
like many of you nut jobs, he appears to be close to insane and should give up his military style weapons... You know the effects they have on many brainwashed wackjobs.... Genocide my butt. LOL

Yeah, it seems to be you asswagons doing all the shooting. ALL progressives should be disarmed IMMEDIATELY!
Let's just say there are too many nut jobs in America and they are too well-armed, especially with military-style weaponry.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-16-at-7.39.13-PM.png
O'Rourke will be gone by January, if not sooner ā€“ and his nonsense about ā€˜buying backā€™ ARs will be likewise forgotten, with no negative impact on Democrats; the short attention span and apathy of the voters cuts both ways.

O'Rourke will be gone by January, if not sooner ā€“ and his nonsense about ā€˜buying backā€™ ARs will be likewise forgotten, with no negative impact on Democrats; the short attention span and apathy of the voters cuts both ways.

You can run punk but you can't hide.

ā€œWhat country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.ā€ ā€“ Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

ā€œTo disarm the peopleā€¦s the most effectual way to enslave them.ā€ ā€“ George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

ā€œBefore a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops.ā€ ā€“ Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution, October 10, 1787

ā€œGuard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruinedā€¦. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.ā€ ā€“ Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778

ā€œThis may be considered as the true palladium of libertyā€¦. The right of self defense is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.ā€ ā€“ St. George Tucker, Blackstoneā€™s Commentaries on the Laws of England, 1803

ā€œThe right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them.ā€ ā€“ Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, 1833

ā€œIf the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.ā€ ā€“ Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

ā€œf circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist.ā€ ā€“ Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28, January 10, 1788

ā€œAs civil rulers, not having their duty to the people before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.ā€ ā€“ Tench Coxe, Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789

Did the founders make themselves clear?

The Founding Fathers Explain The Second Amendment

You're dismissed

Dear Beto,

Anyway, I wanted to take a few moments to write an open letter to you regarding some of your recent thoughts on gun control. In particular, your comments regarding mandatory buybacks.

On The View earlier this week, Meghan McCain commented that such an act would trigger violence. Her comment sparked outrage all over the internet. You, yourself, argued that McCainā€™s comments amounted to ā€œIt becomes self-fulfilling; you have people on TV who are almost giving you permission to be violent and saying, ā€˜You know this is this is going to happen.ā€™ā€

Allow me to clue you in on something, Beto. Thereā€™s not a single gun owner in this country who is looking to Meghan McCain for permission to oppose the tyranny of a mandatory buyback.

McCainā€™s comments werenā€™t permission, they were a warning. It wasnā€™t something new, something she just pulled out of the ether in order to spark some controversy. Sheā€™s merely echoing the statements people have made for decades regarding their willingness to die for their Second Amendment rights.

By claiming its a self-fulfilling prophecy and that people like McCain are giving people permission, youā€™re telling on yourself. Youā€™re telling each and every one of us that you have never bothered to listen to a damn thing any of us have said.

I didnā€™t even know who Meghan McCain was when I first heard someone issue the dire warning that if some form of gun confiscation were to happen, the first thing the jackboots trying to take them would get was the ammunition delivered at high velocity. The gun-rights community has warned that efforts to take away or guns would lead to civil war for years now.

We often talk about lawmakers being out of touch, and youā€™ve just become the poster boy for that, Beto. You are so wrapped up in your liberal bubble that you simply canā€™t understand that this is a thing, this is something weā€™ve gone on about for ages. You canā€™t understand it because you donā€™t want to understand it. In your mind, weā€™re all just good little drones who will do whatever Big Daddy Government wants us to do.

Weā€™re not.

Weā€™re the heirs of Lexington and Concord. Weā€™re the children of Valley Forge and Bunker Hill. Weā€™re a defiant, freedom-loving bunch that isnā€™t rolling over because some spoiled rich kid thinks we should.

Let me make it clear for you. If you come for our guns, we are going to fight back. We donā€™t look to Meghan McCain for permission to do that. She could tell us not to, and weā€™d still fight back.

Beto, you need to understand. You need to learn. You need to come to grasp the simple fact that weā€™re not like you. We donā€™t look at government as an unmitigated good whose lead we should always follow. We have reasons for that. Itā€™s called the history of the 20th Century filled with countless atrocities, atrocities carried out under the umbrella of government.

Those atrocities could only be carried out because the populations were unarmed.

Weā€™re not sheep. We will not be herded into genocide all because some well-meaning but sheltered rich boy who has never lived in a high-crime neighborhood in his life could tell us what we need and donā€™t need.

Meghan McCain gave no one permission for anything. Further, gun owners donā€™t need such a permission. Our permission was penned in 1776 and signed on July 4th.

- Tom Knighton
like many of you nut jobs, he appears to be close to insane and should give up his military style weapons... You know the effects they have on many brainwashed wackjobs.... Genocide my butt. LOL

Yeah, it seems to be you asswagons doing all the shooting. ALL progressives should be disarmed IMMEDIATELY!
Let's just say there are too many nut jobs in America and they are too well-armed, especially with military-style weaponry.
The only "military style weapon" I can purchase legally is a 9mm Beretta other than that I can not go down to my local gun store and get any of the other firearms I used in the military.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

The only "military style weapon" I can purchase legally is a 9mm Beretta other than that I can not go down to my local gun store and get any of the other firearms I used in the military.
Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily, which is The Nut Job way.

Last edited:

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

Yeah, and nutjobs can get any weapons they want to do their evil deeds and far too often cops are a long way away. Far better to have a heavily armed society so that when a nutjob goes off, there are multiple people shooting back at the asshole.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily which is The Nut Job way.

Yeah, and there are millions more people who like them who aren't nutjobs. Your arguments fail on multiple levels because the only people you disarm are the law abiding.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

Yeah, and nutjobs can get any weapons they want to do their evil deeds and far too often cops are a long way away. Far better to have a heavily armed society so that when a nutjob goes off, there are multiple people shooting back at the asshole.
The armed citizen that stopped the Church shooter in Texas, readjusted the shooter's attention from slaughtering the innocent to returning fire, by putting a hole in him from 50 yards away with an AR-15. A makeable shot with a rifle, very low percentage shot with a pistol.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

Nutjob Mass killers are not gang members or criminals, they are nuts and not so great at figuring out how to get a gun illegally.

Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily which is The Nut Job way.

Yeah, and there are millions more people who like them who aren't nutjobs. Your arguments fail on multiple levels because the only people you disarm are the law abiding.
Nobody but Beto O'Rourke is talking about taking guns away. We're talkin background checks and maybe someday a ban on the sale or manufacture of military style weapons. There already or 17 million of them out there...

Many centrist and non-radical-liberal Democratic leaders are very worried about Beto's comment because it appears to confirm the fear that the Democratic Party favors gun confiscation. They know that such a perception could cost them a huge number of votes.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton

Military STYLE. REPEAT 100 TIMES. That's what the nutjobs seem to love, it's right in line with their fantasies... We are talking about background checks on all sales and a ban on selling new ones and manufacturing. There already are 17 million or so AR-15s out there. That seems to be plenty. But the nutjobs won't be able to buy them anymore, especially easily, which is The Nut Job way.
What the fuck does military style mean ? The AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle that does not have a selective fire switch that the M-16 does. So you retarded loons have to be screaming ban because the weapons look similar.

Many centrist and non-radical-liberal Democratic leaders are very worried about Beto's comment because it appears to confirm the fear that the Democratic Party favors gun confiscation. They know that such a perception could cost them a huge number of votes.
And they are right. Clinton's "Assault Weapon" Ban did nothing for murder rates, and cost Democrats the South.

Nearly every state with a strong gun culture has switched from Democrat to GOP. And this puts the rest at risk.

What the fuck does military style mean ? The AR-15 is a semi-auto rifle that does not have a selective fire switch that the M-16 does. So you retarded loons have to be screaming ban because the weapons look similar.
The weapons look similar? That's because they are military style that's what style means.

And they are right. Clinton's "Assault Weapon" Ban did nothing for murder rates, and cost Democrats the South.

Nearly every state with a strong gun culture has switched from Democrat to GOP. And this puts the rest at risk.
That's because we're talking about mass murderer nut jobs. Not run-of-the-mill murderers. who Love military style weapons cuz they are nuts. It's why no other country in the modern world allows military style weapons.

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton
It was never the Framersā€™ intent that the Second Amendment authorize private citizens to ā€˜take up armsā€™ against a government subjectively perceived to be ā€˜tyrannicalā€™ ā€“ including Madison:

ā€˜Proponents of insurrectionism often cite Federalist No. 46 in which Madison said that should the federal government become tyrannical, its army would be opposed by more powerful state militia composed of "citizens with arms in their hands ... fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence." 20 When one reads that statement in context, however, one sees that Madison does not suggest that such an eventuality could come to pass. Quite the reverse: he says this fear is an Anti-Federalist pipe dream. Madison writes:

That the people and the States should, for a sufficient period of time, elect an uninterrupted succession of men ready to betray both [the state and federal governments]; that the traitors should throughout this period, uniformly and systematically pursue some fixed plan for the extension of the military establishment; that the governments and the people of the States should silently and patiently behold the gathering storm, and continue to supply the materials, until it should be prepared to burst on their own heads, must appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism.

"Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made," Madison writes, and he proceeds to respond to what he considers an absurd argument on its own terms. All of this precedes the line about the "citizens with arms in their hands" going to war with an invading federal government. Madison's point is not that guns are the ultimate check on tyranny but that the constitutional structure is the full protection of liberty.

But even if we attach undeserved significance to Madison's line about war between the federal army and the state militia, it should be noted that Madison was not talking about armed citizens-mobs-taking matters into their own hands, but about action by the state militia. And whatever legitimacy that latter idea had was extinguished by the Civil War.

The fundamental problem with legitimizing insurrectionism as an acceptable last resort is that there are always people who believe that governmental tyranny is not merely a future prospect, but a present reality. Insurrectionism has been present throughout American history, but until relatively recently it primarily has been popular with vigilantes and paramilitary groups; it was the philosophy of Jefferson Davis, John Wilkes Booth, and Timothy McVeigh. But it is a view that some conservatives perhaps unthinkingly-have started to endorse. In so doing, they are abandoning faith in ordered liberty embraced by traditional conservatives, such as Burke, in favor of a new conservatism that has more in common with Robespierre and Mao Tse-tung.ā€™

https://docs.rwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1115&context=law_fac_fs

That's because we're talking about mass murderer nut jobs. Not run-of-the-mill murderers. who Love military style weapons cuz they are nuts. It's why no other country in the modern world allows military style weapons.
And they only won parts of the South because Clinton was a southern boy and a bit conservative himself....

Dear Beto,

Weā€™re not.

- Tom Knighton
It was never the Framersā€™ intent that the Second Amendment authorize private citizens to ā€˜take up armsā€™ against a government subjectively perceived to be ā€˜tyrannicalā€™ ā€“ including Madison:

ā€˜Proponents of insurrectionism often cite Federalist No. 46 in which Madison said that should the federal government become tyrannical, its army would be opposed by more powerful state militia composed of "citizens with arms in their hands ... fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence." 20 When one reads that statement in context, however, one sees that Madison does not suggest that such an eventuality could come to pass. Quite the reverse: he says this fear is an Anti-Federalist pipe dream. Madison writes:

That the people and the States should, for a sufficient period of time, elect an uninterrupted succession of men ready to betray both [the state and federal governments]; that the traitors should throughout this period, uniformly and systematically pursue some fixed plan for the extension of the military establishment; that the governments and the people of the States should silently and patiently behold the gathering storm, and continue to supply the materials, until it should be prepared to burst on their own heads, must appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism.

"Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made," Madison writes, and he proceeds to respond to what he considers an absurd argument on its own terms. All of this precedes the line about the "citizens with arms in their hands" going to war with an invading federal government. Madison's point is not that guns are the ultimate check on tyranny but that the constitutional structure is the full protection of liberty.

But even if we attach undeserved significance to Madison's line about war between the federal army and the state militia, it should be noted that Madison was not talking about armed citizens-mobs-taking matters into their own hands, but about action by the state militia. And whatever legitimacy that latter idea had was extinguished by the Civil War.

The fundamental problem with legitimizing insurrectionism as an acceptable last resort is that there are always people who believe that governmental tyranny is not merely a future prospect, but a present reality. Insurrectionism has been present throughout American history, but until relatively recently it primarily has been popular with vigilantes and paramilitary groups; it was the philosophy of Jefferson Davis, John Wilkes Booth, and Timothy McVeigh. But it is a view that some conservatives perhaps unthinkingly-have started to endorse. In so doing, they are abandoning faith in ordered liberty embraced by traditional conservatives, such as Burke, in favor of a new conservatism that has more in common with Robespierre and Mao Tse-tung.ā€™

https://docs.rwu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1115&context=law_fac_fs

So you're claiming that the people who had literally just taken up arms against their government and waged a war of independence never thought it might have to happen again, and totally didn't write the 2nd Amendment for that very purpose. Riiiiiiight.

Honest question - do you wake up every morning with the intent of proving yourself more of an idiot on this forum, or does it just come naturally?

Nobody but Beto O'Rourke is talking about taking guns away. We're talkin background checks and maybe someday a ban on the sale or manufacture of military style weapons. There already or 17 million of them out there...

3D printing will make any future law you pass completely moot. Matter of fact, it already is: Featured Products - Ghost Gunner

Forum List

Back