One Thread for Homosexuality, Marriage, etc., etc... My Take, for the Record

They simply Refuse to Acknowledge their Natural Design, either by Choice or Defect, and Society doesn't have to Cater to that and Change the Inherent Definition of Marriage for it.

I'm pretty sure society does not have to do so.

But they will.

And just like today, when people look back at the civil rights movement in the South 50 years ago and wonder what the fuss was all about (and think poorly of the people who tried to stop it), 50 years from now, when gay marriage is widely accepted, people will also look back at this time and wonder what all the fuss was about.

You are on the wrong side of history if you oppose gay marriage today.

I'm pretty sure society does not have to do so.

But they will.

And just like today, when people look back at the civil rights movement in the South 50 years ago and wonder what the fuss was all about (and think poorly of the people who tried to stop it), 50 years from now, when gay marriage is widely accepted, people will also look back at this time and wonder what all the fuss was about.

You are on the wrong side of history if you oppose gay marriage today.

The Fuss was about the Denial of Basic Human Rights to other Humans Based on something they did not Choose... Their Race.

Blacks and Whites can ProCreated, and therefore, Consumate a Marriage... Possibly.

Homosexuals can NOT... EVER.

Sexually Deviant Choices are NOT Analagous to Race... End of Fucking List.

It's Insulting to the True and Honest Civil Rights Struggle of People of Color.

:)

peace...

I tell ya, the existence of this nation, nay, Western civilization, in fact, the entire planet, rests upon denying 3% of the population the same rights as everyone else has.

They have the "Same Rights"... Assuming Marriage is a Right.

They simply Refuse to Acknowledge their Natural Design, either by Choice or Defect, and Society doesn't have to Cater to that and Change the Inherent Definition of Marriage for it.

They can Self Worth and Validation elsewhere.

peace...

My post kinda got skipped over, so I wanted to ask the question I posed again.

You support "civil unions" but not "gay marriage". In your opinion, what is the difference? What would be the difference's between the two, aside from what it is called? WOuld they be identical institutions with differing names, or would one have benefits and aspects that the other would not?

edited to add: in the spirit of full disclosure, I support "unions" over "marriage" because I think "marriage" has a religious connotation to it. I don't think religions should support or perform a "marriage" that is against their beliefs.

But your posts seem to view a "gay marriage" as societal recognition on par with a heterosexual marriage. A civil union provided by the government would carry more validation. It would be recognized by the state, as opposed to a religious ceremony recognized by a denomination within the state, a smaller group.

Last edited:
I tell ya, the existence of this nation, nay, Western civilization, in fact, the entire planet, rests upon denying 3% of the population the same rights as everyone else has.

peace...

You support "civil unions" but not "gay marriage". In your opinion, what is the difference? What would be the difference's between the two, aside from what it is called? WOuld they be identical institutions with differing names, or would one have benefits and aspects that the other would not?

edited to add: in the spirit of full disclosure, I support "unions" over "marriage" because I think "marriage" has a religious connotation to it. I don't think religions should support or perform a "marriage" that is against their beliefs.

But your posts seem to view a "gay marriage" as societal recognition on par with a heterosexual marriage. A civil union provided by the government would carry more validation. It would be recognized by the state, as opposed to a religious ceremony recognized by a denomination within the state, a smaller group.

Civil Unions are for Legal, Medical stuff...

Marriage is for those with the Possibility of Forwarding this Species and Children don't Need to be Confused by Validating Adult Deviancy...

peace...

Marriage is for those with the Possibility of Forwarding this Species and Children don't Need to be Confused by Validating Adult Deviancy...

peace...

I can agree with the first part, but species survival as a reason is debatable.

Human reproduction and monogamy do not go hand in hand. If they did, women would stay fertile for their entire lifespan just as men do. Also, since species survival depends on variety, monogamy limits variety generationally.

peace...

peace...

If that is it's purpose then only those who have children should get married, and all who get married should produce offspring within a short time of the marriage is void ... :eusa_whistle:

That also means that no one sterile should be allowed into the contract legally, and those married should have to have sexual intercourse frequently and cannot use protection or birth control of any sort.

peace...

Human reproduction and monogamy do not go hand in hand. If they did, women would stay fertile for their entire lifespan just as men do. Also, since species survival depends on variety, monogamy limits variety generationally.

Heterosexual Coupling is Distinct in a Specific way from Homosexual...

This is a Natural Fact, and it's why we all Exist.

They are NOT Equal, and Children should NOT be Taught that they are.

peace...

If that is it's purpose then only those who have children should get married, and all who get married should produce offspring within a short time of the marriage is void ... :eusa_whistle:

That also means that no one sterile should be allowed into the contract legally, and those married should have to have sexual intercourse frequently and cannot use protection or birth control of any sort.

Nope, Nope and Nope.

The Possibility ONLY lies with Heterosexuals.

Infertility is NOT a Garuntee, and Punishing Heterosexuals as a Response to Homosexuals not getting the Validation they so Desperately Seek is Absurd, but you are not the First to Propose that.

peace...

peace...

Heterosexual Coupling is Distinct in a Specific way from Homosexual...

This is a Natural Fact, and it's why we all Exist.

They are NOT Equal, and Children should NOT be Taught that they are.

peace...

Ok. You said that in your first post. But the issue at hand was your statement that "marriage" was reserved for continuity of the species. I countered with the statement that monogomy was not all that conducive to continuity of the human species, based on the phsyiology of human reproduction.

What say you?

Nope, Nope and Nope.

The Possibility ONLY lies with Heterosexuals.

Infertility is NOT a Garuntee, and Punishing Heterosexuals as a Response to Homosexuals not getting the Validation they so Desperately Seek is Absurd, but you are not the First to Propose that.

peace...

Yet ... it's okay to punish homosexuals because some narrow minded people still want to control everyone else's lives. Go figure ... that is so ... well, Satanic of you.

peace...

It has practically been changed before.

"Historical" Definition of Marriage: Not 1 Man, 1 Woman. - Community

Same-sex marriages existed in ancient Rome, medieval Europe, China, Japan, Africa and other places. Polygamy is mentioned in the Bible multiple times, and has been practiced for centuries in many tribal societies, Islamic countries, and lest you forget, the United States. In India, it is currently possible to be ritually married to an animal or a god. Native American tribes recognized various forms of marriage including polygamy and same-sex unions.

peace...

Same-sex marriages existed in ancient Rome, medieval Europe, China, Japan, Africa and other places. Polygamy is mentioned in the Bible multiple times, and has been practiced for centuries in many tribal societies, Islamic countries, and lest you forget, the United States. In India, it is currently possible to be ritually married to an animal or a god. Native American tribes recognized various forms of marriage including polygamy and same-sex unions.

Hell, the word marriage is used in many other ways to, marrying a nut to a bolt, marrying two 2x4's ... hell, you "marry" solder to the PCB.

peace...

Hell, the word marriage is used in many other ways to, marrying a nut to a bolt, marrying two 2x4's ... hell, you "marry" solder to the PCB.

If only we were Nuts and Bolts... If only Nuts and Bolts ReCreated each other...

People would be out of Work!

peace..

If only we were Nuts and Bolts... If only Nuts and Bolts ReCreated each other...

peace..

Avoiding the analogy I see.

peace..

Avoiding the analogy I see.

Christ on a Cracker!... I Addressed it Directly and with Substance...

Try again.

Your Pereception of an Evasion is Grossly Confused.

peace...

peace...

when do you ever see two bolts being married, or two nuts ;)

when do you ever see two bolts being married, or two nuts ;)

I see two 2x4's married all the time ;)

Solder is married to metal to ... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back