One Nation No Longer Under God and with No Heroes

Last edited:
What happened to Repubs who knew about the Constitution?
The Cult of the Presidency | Gene Healy | Cato Institute: Commentary
"I ain't running for preacher," Republican presidential candidate Phil Gramm snarled to religious right activists in 1995 when they urged him to run a campaign stressing moral themes.
Seems like most all Repubs now ARE "running for preacher" if you look at Perry & Bachmann

they gotta kick out the false "messiah"....:lol:

obamamessiah.jpg
2279718287_1c865f6505.jpg
obama-messiah1.jpg

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

None of the 9/11 anniversary memorials have allowed religious services, probably because it would be impossible to have representatives from all the religions practiced by those who lost their lives during the attack. A lot of people inside the towers were Muslim, and I imagine that having Imans standing on the stage besides priests, preachers, rabbis and the like would also engender criticism. I believe that 9/11 was a national tragedy, not a religious one, and should be treated accordingly.

I'm more disappointed that the first responders aren't invited, but upon researching it appears there simply is not enough room for all of them and their families, so Bloomberg is instead focusing on the families of the victims who died. The first responders will be honored separately, apparently.

I understand the disappointment, but if there isn't enough space and security concerns have made extreme overcrowding dangerous, people should use their common sense rather than uninformed outrage.

You do understand that clergy, first responders, etc. are allowed to ATTEND the ceremony, they just won't have a role in the ceremony itself.

You do understand that don't you?

None of the 9/11 anniversary memorials have allowed religious services, probably because it would be impossible to have representatives from all the religions practiced by those who lost their lives during the attack. A lot of people inside the towers were Muslim, and I imagine that having Imans standing on the stage besides priests, preachers, rabbis and the like would also engender criticism. I believe that 9/11 was a national tragedy, not a religious one, and should be treated accordingly.

I'm more disappointed that the first responders aren't invited, but upon researching it appears there simply is not enough room for all of them and their families, so Bloomberg is instead focusing on the families of the victims who died. The first responders will be honored separately, apparently.

I understand the disappointment, but if there isn't enough space and security concerns have made extreme overcrowding dangerous, people should use their common sense rather than uninformed outrage.

Thank you for your voice of reason, DiAnna.

I've passed out too much rep in 24 hours. I'll give ya some tomorrow.
:eusa_drool:

You do understand that clergy, first responders, etc. are allowed to ATTEND the ceremony, they just won't have a role in the ceremony itself.

That's not what I understood at all. According to what I've read, they are not invited to the ceremony because there isn't enough room. If what you say is true, then the media has done a piss-poor job of reporting this. This is actually a blog, but I basically couldn't find anything that said anything different.

9/11 First Responders Not Invited to Tenth Anniversary Ceremony - Technorati Politics

Unfortunately, it actually is no mistake, and Bloomberg has specifically not invited the surviving 9/11 first responders to Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary memorial service.

To make up for it, the city of New York announced early last week that “they’ll be invited to a private ceremony on a different date.”

20110828_1stResponder.jpg

On the Tenth Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks....

No prayers allowed...
No clergy allowed...
also
No heroic first responders allowed either...

WTF? :evil:

It seems that we as a Nation have become some so politically correct that in order not to offend the non-believers we have actually made God a four letter word.

The Pew Research Center conducted an extensive nationwide survey in 2007 of more than 35,000 adults (age 18 and older) in the U.S. The Pew Forum's U.S. Religious Landscape Survey found that 83.1% of Americans believe in God and consider themselves to be affiliated with a religious group, while only 16.1% say they are unaffiliated .The other 0.8% either didn’t know or refused to answer.

I somehow doubt that those numbers have changed drastically over the last 4 years. I also doubt that the overwhelming majority of 83% of Americans are very pleased that the minority of 16% are able to dictate whether or not prayer or the word God should be allowed at certain venues.

There are some places where prayer or the word God are expected to be heard, you know, places of worship, funerals or memorial services. Maybe it’s just me, but I expect some type of spiritual reflection at a memorial service.

Yet, on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, at the site where the World Trade Center Towers once stood, the site of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, no clergy or prayers will be allowed and what’s more, no members of the 9/11 first responders will be allowed either. Thanks to the Mayor of NY, Michael Bloomberg.

The Examiner reported last Thursday,

Following New York City's announcement that 9/11 first responders will not be invited to the 10th anniversary ceremony, law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, and other volunteers continue to voice their anger and disappointment. In addition, religious leaders in New York City are requesting Mayor Mike Bloomberg to rescind his ban and allow Catholic priests, Jewish rabbis and Protestant ministers a role in the ceremony at "Ground Zero."

Really? Then why Mr. Mayor are you so quick to speak up for religious freedom when discussing the Mosque at Ground Zero?

On August 6, during an interview on WOR NY radio while Mayor Bloomberg was once again promoting the Ground Zero Mosque. He stated,

“I just don't think the government should tell people where they can pray and where they can build houses of worship.”

“It is a shame that we even have to talk about this.”

I couldn’t agree more. It is a shame we even have to talk about this, “this” being that on the one hand you say “I just don't think the government should tell people where they can pray” and then you turn around 2 weeks later and say that there will be no clergy or prayer allowed at the 9/11 memorial service.

You can’t have it both ways Mr. Mayor.

"One Nation No Longer Under God" » Publications » Family Security Matters

Remember when Republicans worked so hard to block help for "First Responders"?

"I ain't running for preacher," Republican presidential candidate Phil Gramm snarled to religious right activists in 1995 when they urged him to run a campaign stressing moral themes.
Seems like most all Repubs now ARE "running for preacher" if you look at Perry & Bachmann

obamamessiah.jpg
obama-messiah1.jpg

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

Is this why Republicans hate the guy? He didn't let Bin Laden go. He didn't bring down the economy. He didn't block the First Responders from health care. He didn't threaten the benefits of the unemployed unless tax cuts for billionaires were extended. He didn't put policies in place to move jobs to China that created those unemployed.

In fact, the very people who did all these evil things are the ones who want to bring him down. Says a lot.

That's not what I understood at all. According to what I've read, they are not invited to the ceremony because there isn't enough room. If what you say is true, then the media has done a piss-poor job of reporting this. This is actually a blog, but I basically couldn't find anything that said anything different.

9/11 First Responders Not Invited to Tenth Anniversary Ceremony - Technorati Politics

Unfortunately, it actually is no mistake, and Bloomberg has specifically not invited the surviving 9/11 first responders to Ground Zero for the 10th anniversary memorial service.

To make up for it, the city of New York announced early last week that “they’ll be invited to a private ceremony on a different date.”

I could be wrong. When this story first appeared, people were saying that first responders and clergy were "banned" from the ceremony, when in fact they were just not going to have a role in the ceremony itself.

That, for sure, is not true. They are not being banned specifically because they are clergy or first responders. There are, no doubt, families of victims that include clergy or first responders. They are being allowed to attend.

There is limited space, that presents a problem as there are lots of family members of the victims to accommodate.

I think this is an acknowledgement of the first responders' professionalism. For example, if a firefighter saves someone from a burning building, he isn't given official recognition as being a hero, like a regular citizen might. That's his job, awesome as it is, that's what he's paid to do.

So, in deciding who gets to attend, I can see where they would put survivors before first responders. Not disagreeing that there might be some people invited who shouldn't be invited.

obamamessiah.jpg
obama-messiah1.jpg%20

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

-- Barack Obama

-- Daily Kos

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

-- Gary Hart

-- Chris Matthews

-- Oprah Winfrey

Is this why Republicans hate the guy? He didn't let Bin Laden go. He didn't bring down the economy. He didn't block the First Responders from health care. He didn't threaten the benefits of the unemployed unless tax cuts for billionaires were extended. He didn't put policies in place to move jobs to China that created those unemployed.

In fact, the very people who did all these evil things are the ones who want to bring him down. Says a lot.

You really ARE a one-trick retarded pony, aren't you?
:cuckoo:

No, this isn't why "Republicans hate the guy".
It's why we hate the lame-stream media that treated him like he was the freekin' second-coming or something.

You're right, though, he didn't let BinLaden go. Neither did anyone else, asshole.
And, YES, he DID bring down the economy. It's his watch now, he owns it. deal with it.

The middle area of mumbling is rambling bullshit.

And ask GE about jobs moving to China.
:eusa_shhh:

obamamessiah.jpg
obama-messiah1.jpg%20

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

-- Barack Obama

-- Daily Kos

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

-- Gary Hart

-- Chris Matthews

-- Oprah Winfrey

It's why we hate the lame-stream media that treated him like he was the freekin' second-coming or something.

You're right, though, he didn't let BinLaden go. Neither did anyone else, asshole.
And, YES, he DID bring down the economy. It's his watch now, he owns it. deal with it.

Ask Romney, he does it also

No prayers allowed...
No clergy allowed...
also

Why do we have to do anything at all? It's been ten years folks and every single year since it happened they have these memorials of mourning where the names are read and the same rigmarole. It happened. Get the fuck over it and move on with your lives already. Are we still going to be doing these 15 years from now? 20? When is everyone finally going to put this behind them?

No prayers allowed...
No clergy allowed...
also

Why do we have to do anything at all? It's been ten years folks and every single year since it happened they have these memorials of mourning where the names are read and the same rigmarole. It happened. Get the fuck over it and move on with your lives already. Are we still going to be doing these 15 years from now? 20? When is everyone finally going to put this behind them?

What the heck is it with humans anyway. Celebrating tragedies like holidays anyway?
Remember the Alamo where we got our asses kicked, etc.

Move forward and celebrate our victories not failures.

Ask Romney, he does it also

I can shake hands on that.
I'd vote Obama before I voted Romney.
:eek:

Some Silly responses here Hortysire,firstly JOBS have been going to China for 30 years,so you are well behind the 8 ball there.
Secondly Obama did bring down Bin Laden,you can't have it both ways.
Thirdly,Republicans do hate Mr Obama,their relentless campaign against him from day one has been shameful to say the least....as for the appaulling attacks and personal abuse of his wife and family is I'm afraid typical of a group of people with NO ETHICS...or BACKBONE.
And the Repugnant Republicans choice for a new leader,HoHo ...Palin!!!!Perry!!!!Romney!!! what a fcuking joke they are.
Say NO TO REPUBLICANS because they got you all in the shit......and I can tell you their shit choices will make things a lot shittier for the average American....Nope time to put your brains into GEAR,BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH METHINKS.
I'm THELIQ......:cool: and I kick ASS because I can and DO:clap2::clap2:

obamamessiah.jpg
obama-messiah1.jpg%20

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

-- Barack Obama

-- Daily Kos

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

-- Gary Hart

-- Chris Matthews

-- Oprah Winfrey

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

-- Barack Obama

-- Daily Kos

-- Halle Berry

-- Deepak Chopra

-- Gary Hart

-- Chris Matthews

-- Oprah Winfrey

The thread starters real agenda comes out. He should be mad at Bushco for being "asleep at the wheel" that day.
Ashcroft "didn't want to hear of al Qaeda" in high threat summer of 2001 | Crooks and Liars
BEN-VENISTE: Good afternoon, gentlemen.

Mr. Pickard, on January 21st of this year you met with our staff. Is that correct?

PICKARD: That's correct.

BEN-VENISTE: And according to our staff report, you told them that in June 2001, you met with Attorney General Ashcroft and he told you that you would be the acting FBI director.

PICKARD: That's correct.

BEN-VENISTE: You had some seven or eight meetings with the attorney general?

PICKARD: Somewhere in that number. I have the exact number, but I don't know the total.

BEN-VENISTE: And according to the statement that our staff took from you, you said that you would start each meeting discussing either counterterrorism or counterintelligence. At the same time the threat level was going up and was very high. Mr. Watson had come to you and said that the CIA was very concerned that there would be an attack. You said that you told the attorney general this fact repeatedly in these meetings. Is that correct?

PICKARD: I told him at least on two occasions.

BEN-VENISTE: And you told the staff according to this statement that Mr. Ashcroft told you that he did not want to hear about this anymore. Is that correct?

PICKARD: That is correct.

(h/t Mike)

Yet, on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, at the site where the World Trade Center Towers once stood, the site of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, no clergy or prayers will be allowed

What a bunch of crap!

Who is going to stop anyone from praying? You can pray to yourself while Mayor Bloomberg is giving his speech, if you want.

And who is disallowing clergy? Is there an ID and occupation check? If a priest wants to be in the crowd during the ceremonies, are the police going to chase him away?

Forum List

Back