One more reason why republicans will lose big in 2014

The Left has made it easy for the GOP to win

LA Times: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Fullerton resident Jennifer Harris thought she had a great deal, paying $98 a month for an individual plan through Health Net Inc.

Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined.

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

Nearly 2 million Californians have individual insurance, and several hundred thousand of them are losing their health plans in a matter of weeks.

Blue Shield of California sent termination letters to 119,000 customers last month whose plans don't meet the new federal requirements. About two-thirds of those people will experience a rate increase from switching to a new health plan, according to the company.

Hopefully, Neo, that will be worked out more fairly in the future.

But an impact on less than 2% of the population will not affect elections much, particularly when several times that amount (think of Texas, in particular) are affected positively by the program.

Once again, our GOP brought this on because it sold out to Big Business when it could have offered a reform at that the state levels.

Gay boogeyman and abortion is what loses elections for GOP.
The 2012 platform was a joke.
I vote GOP most all the time and tired of getting our ass kicked because we are dumb asses accepting the platform of gays wanting to get married and women having abortion cause all the nation's problems.
Allowing those lame brain stances to stand we should lose.

and your party hates the religious, gun owners, middle class, small business owners
Let's clarify some things here.
I DO NOT hate people who are religious.
I DO HATE those people who try to force their religious beliefs on others.
I DO NOT hate gun owners. My wife and I own 2 shotguns, 2 deer rifles, a 9 mm Glock, a 9 mm Smith and Wesson, a 3.57 Ruger, a .22 cal Ruger semi-automatic, and one or two other weapons.
I DO HATE gun owners who wave their guns around like they are some kind of badge for being a good American. I hate them for having to show them off so they can strike fear into others and to prove how macho they are. And I hate them for occasionally leaving their guns unsecured which allows them to be used illegally to kill innocent victims.
I DO NOT hate the middle class. I AM THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!!!!!
I DO HATE those who are working to destroy the middle class by taxing them out of existance while working for tax breaks for the wealthy.
I DO NOT hate small business owners. For much of my life I have worked for small business owners and have been thankful for the opportunity.
I DO HATE those who feel the small business owners should carry their weight regarding taxes and that they should pay fair wages rather than treating their employees like slaves.
If you believe everything you are whinning about, you are one ignorant and fu#ked up individual.

You have hate for lawlessness confused with ethnic hatred, Rightwinger. And your party is using language barriers with immigrants to brainwash them into prejudice against conservatives.

You're also moving the nation into an oligarchy that serves itself first.

Becki, look

You read this board everyday and you can't ignore the hate coming from a certain element of your party. You can keep your head in the sand. Blame Democrats for doing the same thing.......but it is there
Minorities read these boards, they hear what talk radio says about them. You think they don't hold it against Republicans?
Republicans are getting killed in the voting booth. You can blame the liberal media and free stuff
But until Republicans can clean up their act, they will pay a political price

What alternate universe do you live in? The real power for the Republicans is on the state level, and there they are dominating Democrats....Republicans control the governor's mansion in 30 of 50 states, and control both legislative chambers in 26 states. That's punishment? Please, punish the GOP more!! :lol:

Indeed

Considering that the mess PapaObama care is going to make for them
Explains why the reactionary left waited until after the elections to start it

They did not want the public to see how bad it really is going to be

Forbes
Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are

“Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering,” report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal. “But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said.” Why was it delayed? “An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, before they started seeing the prices of policies.”

A Manhattan Institute analysis I helped conduct found that, on average, the cheapest plan offered in a given state, under Obamacare, will be 99 percent more expensive for men, and 62 percent more expensive for women, than the cheapest plan offered under the old system. And those disparities are even wider for healthy people.

That raises an obvious question. If 50 million people are uninsured today, mainly because insurance is too expensive, why is it better to make coverage even costlier?

Let's clarify some things here.
I DO NOT hate people who are religious.
I DO HATE those people who try to force their religious beliefs on others. like atheists?
I DO NOT hate gun owners. My wife and I own 2 shotguns, 2 deer rifles, a 9 mm Glock, a 9 mm Smith and Wesson, a 3.57 Ruger, a .22 cal Ruger semi-automatic, and one or two other weapons.
I DO HATE gun owners who wave their guns around like they are some kind of badge for being a good American. I hate them for having to show them off so they can strike fear into others and to prove how macho they are. And I hate them for occasionally leaving their guns unsecured which allows them to be used illegally to kill innocent victims. hmmm, I've never seen anyone walking around waving their guns
I DO NOT hate the middle class. I AM THE MIDDLE CLASS!!!!!!!
I DO HATE those who are working to destroy the middle class by taxing them out of existance while working for tax breaks for the wealthy. so you mean the democrats, obamacare being the latest in their long line of taxes on the middle class
I DO NOT hate small business owners. For much of my life I have worked for small business owners and have been thankful for the opportunity.
I DO HATE those who feel the small business owners should carry their weight regarding taxes and that they should pay fair wages rather than treating their employees like slaves.
If you believe everything you are whinning about, you are one ignorant and fu#ked up individual.
again you mean the democrats.

^^^^^^^

To my knowledge no serious Republican has called for deportation though I would point out to you entering the country illegally is a crime and thus by law deportation is a possibility I would also point out there are a great many Hispanics who have come to the country through the legal process and might not be inclined to vote for the candidate who is willing to give those who have not a perceived free pass. Marco Rubio has a very good plan he has put forward to give illegals a pathway to citizenship so far I have not seen one from the President or the Democrats so the equally important question that needs to be asked is President Obama and the Democrats truly prepared to work with Rubio and the Republicans? So we will see if the President is truly serious on this issue or does he just want to make a pretense of actually working on it but really do nothing so he can use it as a wedge issue in 2014.
You could be right. Hispanics who came to this country They have roots in the community.

So do weeds.
Hummmmm...... You wish to compare illegal Hispanics to "weeds." It is exactly this attitude that is expressed by the racist element of the gop that drives Hispanics to vote Democrat. And it is exactly this attitude that I wrote about in the OP.
Oh, and one final thought: Sage is a weed that is used to flavor a lot of dishes that are served in the US. For example, your Thanksgiving dressing for a start. Marijuana is a weed that helps to take away pain from people with chronic illnesses and cancer. It is also used for the fibers it produces. And finally, it will be a source of income for the US government when it is legalized. There are other weeds that make our lives better.

We play fairly, rightwinger, and you know it, too. We recollect days of the Roughriders, the Alamo, and Goliad. The forces behind LaRaza have an anti-American agenda. They area the ones who aren't playing nice. They want our property. You seem to have no problem with that. When are you going to learn to play nice. hm?

Actually, you don't

There is an element of your party that is full of hate. They hate blacks, they hate gays and they hate Hispanics

Don't think for a minute that minorities don't recognize that your party tolerates the haters. They hear it on rightwing media, they hear the TeaTards, They see the legislation coming out of Republicans

Until party leaders start to deal with he haters, you will continue to draw single digits on election day
You have hate for lawlessness confused with ethnic hatred, Rightwinger. And your party is using language barriers with immigrants to brainwash them into prejudice against conservatives.

Nobody is being brain washed. What is happening is that the right is showing their true beliefs and anyone with even half a brain is rejecting what conservatives have to offer. Why would a legal Hispanic vote for a party that will boot his brothers family alone with other family friends out of the country without giving them a path to citizenship? Why would a black vote for a party that is doing EVERTHING in its power to take away their vote by bringing back Jim Crow laws? No, there is no brain washing but there is a light being shined on the gop and the result is a rather ugly picture.

We play fairly, rightwinger, and you know it, too. We recollect days of the Roughriders, the Alamo, and Goliad. The forces behind LaRaza have an anti-American agenda. They area the ones who aren't playing nice. They want our property. You seem to have no problem with that. When are you going to learn to play nice. hm?

Actually, you don't

There is an element of your party that is full of hate. They hate blacks, they hate gays and they hate Hispanics

Don't think for a minute that minorities don't recognize that your party tolerates the haters. They hear it on rightwing media, they hear the TeaTards, They see the legislation coming out of Republicans

Until party leaders start to deal with he haters, you will continue to draw single digits on election day

Yep, just keep repeating the lie, Hitler would be proud of your propaganda skills. How about giving us some names of people in a position to make policy instead of generalizations, or is this the best ya got.
And the "best ya got" is pulling out your Hitler comparison. Beside being totally untrue it is just another lie the right like to throw around.
"If you don't agree with us you are just like Hitler."
Please, try to think like an adult rather than a third grade name caller.

After the republicans got thrashed in the last election they set up a commission to evaluate why they lost and how to avoid losing in the future. The prime finding of the commission was that the demographics of America were changing (no surprise there) and that if the republicans wanted to remain relevant they needed to change also. The recommendation was that the republican party needs to actively work toward bringing Hispanics into the party.
They have a perfect chance to do that now but I fully expect that the republican party will once again shoot themselves in the foot. What the republicans need to do is to come out with a broad immigration plan that offers a way for Hispanics to become American citizens. But THAT is exactly what President Obama is preparing to do. This places the republicans in a bind. Should they strongly support a sweeping immigration plan (similar to what Obama is offering) OR should they dig in their heels and refuse to accept any plan Obama offers just as they have done throughout the last five years.
I am betting that the republicans will dig in their heels and refuse to offer a plan similar to Obama's. In other words, they will once again play the obstruction card and in the process slap the people who could help them win elections in the face. And then, after losing the Hispanic vote by a wide margin in 2014, they will once again scratch their heads and ask "Why did we lose? I don't understand."

the democrats already gave 2014 away with their attack on the 2nd amendment. they are going to lose in places they had strong holds because of that one
I'll bet you are one of those who get their information from limbaugh and fox news. I'll also bet you were one of those screaming about how romney would win the White House and how republicans would make huge gains in both the House and Senate.

A lot of things could influence the 2014 election one way or the other but the two main ones will be Obamacare and the economy if the economy stays soft and sluggish and Obamacare does not deliver as promised advantage Republicans if the economy gets stronger and Obamacare is not a complete disaster advantage Democrats. Of course there could also be unknown foreign policy issues that could pop up and swing the balance as well.

The problem with low information lefties is that when they do read they tend to read the single syllable junk they like to hear from unreliable sources like Huffington and Media Matters.

Becki, look

You read this board everyday and you can't ignore the hate coming from a certain element of your party. You can keep your head in the sand. Blame Democrats for doing the same thing.......but it is there
Minorities read these boards, they hear what talk radio says about them. You think they don't hold it against Republicans?
Republicans are getting killed in the voting booth. You can blame the liberal media and free stuff
But until Republicans can clean up their act, they will pay a political price

What alternate universe do you live in? The real power for the Republicans is on the state level, and there they are dominating Democrats....Republicans control the governor's mansion in 30 of 50 states, and control both legislative chambers in 26 states. That's punishment? Please, punish the GOP more!! :lol:
That is about to change in Virginia. I suspect a Democratic governor will in North Carolina. I also suspect that Wisconsin and possibly Texas will soon see Democratic governors. What you don't understand is that even on a state level republican governors have shown themselves to be power hungery and unconcerned about the welfare of the citizens in their states. THERE IS A REASON REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS ARE WORKING SO HARD TO DISINFRANCHISE THE CITIZENS OF THEIR STATES AND IT HAS NOT GONE UNNOTICED.

What the republicans need to do is to come out with a broad immigration plan that offers a way for Hispanics to become American citizens. But THAT is exactly what President Obama is preparing to do.

Translation: The GOP needs to get on their knees and give the nice Brown people blowjobs just like Odumbo and the Dumbocratic Party is doing now.

Uh...Mr. President? Yeah...you got some gooey white stuff on your lips there. Better wipe that off. And Mr. Reid? You do too, sir.
I'm guessing 9th grade or possibly a slow 10th grader.

I think the GOP needs to be the "economic" party- promoting fiscally responsible, efficient government, and maximum FREEDOM. The social agenda is toxic.
The "economic" party you are calling for almost put this country into the biggest depression since the 30's. Both reagan and george w. added huge amounts to the national debt. george w. cut taxes and borrowed money to pay for two wars. george w. also gave us Medicare part D but he did not provide a means for funding the program. During the last months of the george w. administration we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Now, explain to me how that qualifies the republicans to be in charge of the economy.

The problem with low information lefties is that when they do read they tend to read the single syllable junk they like to hear from unreliable sources like Huffington and Media Matters.
As opposed to the intelligent and unbiased reports from Hannity, limbaugh, and fox news. I must confess, it takes a LOT of gall to accuse others of being "low information" when those are the primary news sources of the right. Consider the headline below and tell me again about the "low information" party.
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5#ixzz2iz1NfyPi

I think the GOP needs to be the "economic" party- promoting fiscally responsible, efficient government, and maximum FREEDOM. The social agenda is toxic.
The "economic" party you are calling for almost put this country into the biggest depression since the 30's. Both reagan and george w. added huge amounts to the national debt. george w. cut taxes and borrowed money to pay for two wars. george w. also gave us Medicare part D but he did not provide a means for funding the program. During the last months of the george w. administration we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Now, explain to me how that qualifies the republicans to be in charge of the economy.

It doesn’t.

For decades republicans have made empty promises of ‘fiscal responsibility’ and have failed to follow through.

In regards to immigration....is it too much to ask to close the border first, before going any further? I mean, it was supposed to be closed after the Reagan amnesty.....right????
I think that's the biggest hang up with immigration.

It's hard to deal with a party who's intent is to redistribute wealth in this country.....the takers will always vote for that. Hopefully there will be enough democrats who are beginning to feel the pinch of the redistribution of wealth regarding Obamacare. People tend to be lax regarding politics until it hits home with them, then they catch on quickly.

Which one?

Which border is wide open?

FACT is, our southern border is better protected than any of the others. And, as we all know, the president has deported more illegals than any other president, has put more Border Patrol on the southern border even though REPUBLICANs McCain and Kyl fought against it for years and, he has refused to pass an amnesty program. Instead, he agreed to a two year moratorium for a very small number of people.

Saw on the news earlier that some dumb ass Repub wants an amnesty bill. If anyone cares enough to know who, look it up.

I wish the rw's would stop believing the shit from their overlords, lushbo, beck, etc. Not hard to believe that not one of you has ever actually been to our southern border.

Forum List

Back