One more reason why republicans will lose big in 2014

The sad fact is this reactionaryism and fear of change and diversity is not necessarily republican; there are many republicans who, like democrats, embrace diversity and look forward to change.

The problem for the GOP concerns the racist, fearful elements that have hijacked a once viable party and turned it into an institution of ignorance and hate.

Will you ever get off the commiecrat talking points, do you ever have an original thought?

The thread is about why republicans are losing elections as a consequence of Hispanics correctly perceiving the GOP as hostile toward immigrants and the right’s refusal to participate in comprehensive immigration reform.

Not ‘democrats,’ which is merely an attempt to deflect.

That you and others on the right refuse to acknowledge this problem is also part of the larger problem facing republicans.

We've seen the results of comprehensive reform, you get all the amnesty and no security, either on the border or entry/exit visas and the legal path is never fixed. Since neither party managed to get it right on the previous comprehensive plan it's time to go step by step so maybe politicians and bureaucrats can follow the plan.

Securing the border and a workable entry/exit system is needed before anything else is considered. That will be the republican focus. Once the flood gates are closed then the rest can be addressed. The senate plan is dead because it is unconstitutional, it contains revenue raising aspects in fees and fines that must originate in the house.
It is interesting to note that President Obama has deported more people to Mexico than any other president. Will you give him any praise for that? Of course not. The bottom line is Obama will push for an immigration plan. The gop, thanks to the tea party, will refuse to pass it. The Hispanics will see who is trying to help them and they will show their anger for the gop at the polls. In other words, THE GOP WILL SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT ONCE AGAIN.

lol, he's deported more people...
yeah sure ok whatever
as for the rest, you need to ask your crystal ball again
Here is a perfect example of how the "Bubble People" refuse to accept reality. Without doing a single search stephanie has dismissed the truth which happens to be right in front of her. Just for the hell of it stephanie, GOOGLE "Obama deporting mexicans." The headline below is typical of what you will find.

Obama Keeps Up Torrid Pace of Deportations
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-11/obama-keeps-up-torrid-pace-of-deportations.html

The problem here is that stephanie has a cement brain. Nothing gets in that is contrary to what she believes. The bottom line is that stephanie KNOWS what she believes and she does not want to be bothered by facts or the truth. Unfortunately this is pretty much the way the right thinks.

Every noticed how the people who love predicting the future are wrong a lot?

Like Nate Silver?

I was referring to people on this board. But since you brought him didn't someone post a link for a article by him where he said it was not likely the Democrats would take the House in 2014 and the Senate was becoming more of a tossup?

Yes, I mostly agree with him, the democrats taking the house in 2014 would be very difficult.

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:
Blackhawk, my OP was not a prediction as much as a stating of a series of facts and the logical conclusion they point to.
Answer me this; Suppose you are a naturalized Hispanic American and you have several illegal Hispanics who are either related to you or close friends. Suppose also you watch the gop close the door on your family and friends. Would you vote for a candidate who wants your family and friends deported OR would you vote for a party that wants to give your family and friends a path to becoming legal Americans? Seriously, who would you vote for?
Here is another way to look at it. For me to be wrong would require the gop to work with President Obama to provide a path for illegals to become legals. DO YOU REALLY THINK THE GOP IS PREPARED TO WORK WITH OBAMA?

Last edited:
Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:
Blackhawk, my OP was not a prediction as much as a stating of a series of facts and the logical conclusion they point to.
Answer me this; Suppose you are a naturalized Hispanic American and you have several illegal Hispanics who are either related to you or close friends. Suppose also you watch the gop close the door on your family and friends. Would you vote for a candidate who wants your family and friends deported OR would you vote for a party that wants to give your family and friends a path to becoming legal Americans? Seriously, who would you vote for?
Here is another way to look at it. For me to be wrong would require the gop to work with President Obama to provide a path for illegals to become legals. DO YOU REALLY THINK THE GOP IS PREPARED TO WORK WITH OBAMA?

Just keep those borders open so "family and friends" can keep coming across. :rolleyes:

It is interesting to note that President Obama has deported more people to Mexico than any other president. Will you give him any praise for that? Of course not. The bottom line is Obama will push for an immigration plan. The gop, thanks to the tea party, will refuse to pass it. The Hispanics will see who is trying to help them and they will show their anger for the gop at the polls. In other words, THE GOP WILL SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT ONCE AGAIN.

yeah sure ok whatever
Here is a perfect example of how the "Bubble People" refuse to accept reality. Without doing a single search stephanie has dismissed the truth which happens to be right in front of her. Just for the hell of it stephanie, GOOGLE "Obama deporting mexicans." The headline below is typical of what you will find.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-11/obama-keeps-up-torrid-pace-of-deportations.html

The problem here is that stephanie has a cement brain. Nothing gets in that is contrary to what she believes. The bottom line is that stephanie KNOWS what she believes and she does not want to be bothered by facts or the truth. Unfortunately this is pretty much the way the right thinks.

ok then, if I found and posted ONE article that say's Obambam is really gay, you are going to just buy that and believe it right?

post a bloomingidiot article and that makes it automatically the truth, well we can scour the Internet to find article saying different and his administation has been soft on deportations....but you fall for him being superman hero or something..you're an Obama sheep...

The women and Hispanics and minorities of America have told the GOP that they will not tolerate the far right reactionary and TeaP agendas at the national level.

The polls haven't changed, folks.

Either we change how we reach out to them, or our GOP will continue to lose Senate and House seats next year.

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:

To my knowledge no serious Republican has called for deportation though I would point out to you entering the country illegally is a crime and thus by law deportation is a possibility I would also point out there are a great many Hispanics who have come to the country through the legal process and might not be inclined to vote for the candidate who is willing to give those who have not a perceived free pass. Marco Rubio has a very good plan he has put forward to give illegals a pathway to citizenship so far I have not seen one from the President or the Democrats so the equally important question that needs to be asked is President Obama and the Democrats truly prepared to work with Rubio and the Republicans? So we will see if the President is truly serious on this issue or does he just want to make a pretense of actually working on it but really do nothing so he can use it as a wedge issue in 2014.

If the GOP is smart they'll take some small concessions on spending in exchange for raising the debt limit and move on.

Then focus on the 900 lb gorilla in the room- Obamacare. Obamacare is a yoke around the neck of every Democrat in the country. They passed it, they OWN it- Lock, stock, and Barrel!

The website problems are just the beginning.......

2013-10-25-a4f11ead_large.jpg
"If the GOP is smart ...." And therein lies the problem. The gop seems obsessed with making one poor choice after another. There is a reason polling shows the gop with their lowest approval rating, ever! I believe your argument is DOA. What you are speaking of is COMPROMISE! To the gop, COMPROMISE is the Kiss of Death. Any gop member that is willing to compromise stands an excellent chance of being "primaried" by the TP.

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:

To my knowledge no serious Republican has called for deportation though I would point out to you entering the country illegally is a crime and thus by law deportation is a possibility I would also point out there are a great many Hispanics who have come to the country through the legal process and might not be inclined to vote for the candidate who is willing to give those who have not a perceived free pass. Marco Rubio has a very good plan he has put forward to give illegals a pathway to citizenship so far I have not seen one from the President or the Democrats so the equally important question that needs to be asked is President Obama and the Democrats truly prepared to work with Rubio and the Republicans? So we will see if the President is truly serious on this issue or does he just want to make a pretense of actually working on it but really do nothing so he can use it as a wedge issue in 2014.
You could be right. Hispanics who came to this country legally may feel resentment about those who came here illegally. But remember, many of those here illegally have been here for some time. Some have had children that have gone through the school system and college. They have roots in the community.

The women and Hispanics and minorities of America have told the GOP that they will not tolerate the far right reactionary and TeaP agendas at the national level.

The polls haven't changed, folks.

Either we change how we reach out to them, or our GOP will continue to lose Senate and House seats next year.

WOW jakey, you and jones sure have been using reactionary allot, who gave you those marching orders, OFA or media matters?

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:

You could be right. Hispanics who came to this country legally may feel resentment about those who came here illegally. But remember, many of those here illegally have been here for some time. Some have had children that have gone through the school system and college. They have roots in the community.
Another thing to consider both parties have had pretty much the same views on immigration for a long time and that issue has rarely had a major impact on Congressional races in 2008 when the Democrats won big it was the economy that was the big issue in 2010 when the Republicans made a big comeback Obamacare was the big issue in 2012 the President won easily but Congress stayed pretty much the same which shows me no one was really thrilled with either party. In 2013 we had the shutdown which hurt Republicans and the Obamacare roll out which has hurt Democrats right now I see advantage no one for 2014.

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:

So do you feel if a fugitive is on the run for a crime, then during the time he has been in hiding he has a family, that this individual should be pardoned for the sake of the kids that have already established themselves in this country? We wouldn't want to see him pulled away and the family broken apart for the sake of committing a crime, now would we?

Last edited:
Sure dumbfuck...whatever. :eusa_whistle:

The Democraps lost big time in the last midterm election over "obamacare" and that was before it was actually fucking people's lives up like now. Nevermind the silly website can't work and people realize their "gods in DC" are really liars and idiots.

It is over for Obama and his fellow scum. Go fuck yourself.

After the republicans got thrashed in the last election they set up a commission to evaluate why they lost and how to avoid losing in the future. The prime finding of the commission was that the demographics of America were changing (no surprise there) and that if the republicans wanted to remain relevant they needed to change also. The recommendation was that the republican party needs to actively work toward bringing Hispanics into the party.
They have a perfect chance to do that now but I fully expect that the republican party will once again shoot themselves in the foot. What the republicans need to do is to come out with a broad immigration plan that offers a way for Hispanics to become American citizens. But THAT is exactly what President Obama is preparing to do. This places the republicans in a bind. Should they strongly support a sweeping immigration plan (similar to what Obama is offering) OR should they dig in their heels and refuse to accept any plan Obama offers just as they have done throughout the last five years.
I am betting that the republicans will dig in their heels and refuse to offer a plan similar to Obama's. In other words, they will once again play the obstruction card and in the process slap the people who could help them win elections in the face. And then, after losing the Hispanic vote by a wide margin in 2014, they will once again scratch their heads and ask "Why did we lose? I don't understand."
It is because of an abundance of members of the right like 1776 that I left the republican party. The last thing I would want is to be in any political party s/he/it (pronounced SHIT) is a member of. I am even embarrassed that s/he/it is considered a member of the human race.

Securing the border and a workable entry/exit system is needed before anything else is considered. That will be the republican focus. Once the flood gates are closed then the rest can be addressed. The senate plan is dead because it is unconstitutional, it contains revenue raising aspects in fees and fines that must originate in the house.

What you want to pat him on the head for doing his job when he's not. He has no authority to exempt a whole class of illegals from deportation. Plus I guess you aren't aware that only 60% come in across the southern border, the rest come in on visas and never leave. We need to have an effective system to track them and ensure their departure when their visas expire.
Obama deporting illegal aliens is EXACTLY what you want! He has deported more illegal aliens than any president in history. Yet, you cannot acknowledge that you approve of what he is doing. This is why I cannot respect you people. YOU HAVE NO BALANCE. It makes no difference what Obama does, you will condemn him. Obama could save your sorry life by carrying you out of a burning building and you would be condemning him all the way.

The sad fact is this reactionaryism and fear of change and diversity is not necessarily republican; there are many republicans who, like democrats, embrace diversity and look forward to change.

The problem for the GOP concerns the racist, fearful elements that have hijacked a once viable party and turned it into an institution of ignorance and hate.

Will you ever get off the commiecrat talking points, do you ever have an original thought?
You may not like what C_Clayton_Jones says but the sad fact he is 100% on target. You, on the hand, are ignoring truths that are right in front of you. Until the moderates of the gop kick the TP out the TP will continue to pull the strings. Case in point: The government shut-down and debt ceiling disaster. The people who pushed for and cheered the shut down were the TP. The sane republicans remembered what happened the last time they shut down the government. However, they went along with the shut down because they were scared shitless by the TP threatening them with being primaried.

Blackhawk posted:

Ron sez:

Just keep those borders open so "family and friends" can keep coming across. :rolleyes:
DEFLECTION! Answer the questions that were posed.

yeah sure ok whatever

ok then, if I found and posted ONE article that say's Obambam is really gay, you are going to just buy that and believe it right?

post a bloomingidiot article and that makes it automatically the truth, well we can scour the Internet to find article saying different and his administation has been soft on deportations....but you fall for him being superman hero or something..you're an Obama sheep...
First of all your comment about Obama being "gay" is deflection.
Second, if you had followed the link given you would have found numerous articles all saying the same thing.
Yet you refuse to accept facts that are presented to you because you have already made up your mind and you will be damned if you are going to change it. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH FACTS OR THE TRUTH.

Republicans didn't lose big the last two elections. Yes, they lost the Presidency. But they still won more seats in Congress both in 2010 and 2012.

Is it possible for them to lose big? yes of course. Democraphics aren't fantastic. But the future isn't written. People can be persuaded to follow a different idealogy over time. We don't know what will happen.

So ask yourself. Do we do what is right for the country? Do we persuade people to do good regardless of the Demographics? Do we trust that our brethren will do the right thing? Or do we instead despair and abandon true and correct principles for powers sake? I'd rather be doing what's right and out of power than weilding any power and corrupting myself.

First of all your comment about Obama being "gay" is deflection.
Second, if you had followed the link given you would have found numerous articles all saying the same thing.
Yet you refuse to accept facts that are presented to you because you have already made up your mind and you will be damned if you are going to change it. YOU KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE AND DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH FACTS OR THE TRUTH.

Here's a simple question:

If he is deporting so many people at a staggering pace, why is he giving so many of them amnesty?

(P.S. Knock it off with the bold type. You sound... angry.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back