One in every Five Americans think Obama is a Muslim

results, from a new Pew Research Center survey,

washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.
The president's religion, like his place of birth, has been the subject of Internet-spread rumors and falsehoods since before he began his presidential campaign, and the poll indicates that those rumors have gained currency since Obama took office. The number of people who now correctly identify Obama as a Christian has dropped to 34 percent, down from nearly half when he took office.
Among those who say Obama is a Muslim, 60 percent say they learned about his religion from the media, suggesting that their opinions are fueled by misinformation. More than a third of conservative Republicans now say Obama is a Muslim, nearly double the percentage saying so early last year.
In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.
I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

:clap2:

About 20 percent of all U.S. heads of household have never sent an e-mail, and about 20 million households, or 18 percent, are without Internet access, according to a study released in May........

Coincidence?
:lol:

Problem is that the ones who believe he is a Muslim receive endless chain emails spreading the latest misinformation

In Islam, if your father is a muslim then you are a muslim by birth automatically. Obama is a muslim according to Islam. Nothing wrong with that. This is America and we all believe in religious freedom.

1 in 5 people think "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA" is a muslim? Hmmm, wonder where they'd get that idea. Wouldn't have anything to do with the MUSLIM NAME would it, or this? ...

Well balls. If name alone determines what religion or creed you are, Frank Zappa's kids must have a hell of a time trying to figure out what they are.

1 in 5 people think "BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA" is a muslim? Hmmm, wonder where they'd get that idea. Wouldn't have anything to do with the MUSLIM NAME would it, or this? ...

YouTube - Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

I think it has become a matter of political convenience for him like so many of his other positions. He plays up the Muslim background stuff when he thinks he can score some political points. He plays down the Muslim background stuff when he sees no political gain. He's just trying to have it both ways. It's another way his Leftist brethren can call everyone "RAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEESTS." His Grandfather and Father were Muslims and in parts of the Muslim World that automatically makes him a Muslim. They will always see him as a Muslim.

Last edited:
About 20 percent of all U.S. heads of household have never sent an e-mail, and about 20 million households, or 18 percent, are without Internet access, according to a study released in May........

Coincidence?

Problem is that the ones who believe he is a Muslim receive endless chain emails spreading the latest misinformation

In Islam, if your father is a muslim then you are a muslim by birth automatically. Obama is a muslim according to Islam. Nothing wrong with that. This is America and we all believe in religious freedom.

that's only according to the Muslims.

I remember Greek Americans having this same problem with the Greek government. 2 friends of my friend were forced into the military of Greece before the consulate could stop things. Something to do with Greeks believing teh children of those born in Greece as Greeks.

your argument is stupid

Obama is not a Mulsim and our religious freedom says he isn't

washingtonpost.com

I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

I don't care if he is a muslim or not but if he is then he lied to us all (again) and that is a greater sin.

As opposed to saying...
Trust me.....Iraq is an immediate threat to the world, they have nukes, they will give nukes to terrorists...if I don't invade right now you will face a mushroom cloud

Now what lies did Obama tell?

Do you ever get tired of making shit up?

The clock is now ticking on who will be the first Leftist dork on here to call you a "RAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEST." 5 4 3 2 1...

I remember Greek Americans having this same problem with the Greek government. 2 friends of my friend were forced into the military of Greece before the consulate could stop things. Something to do with Greeks believing teh children of those born in Greece as Greeks.

your argument is stupid

Muslims have religious freedom in America and they say Obama is a Muslim.

Your argument is not only stupid, it is counter to reality and the facts. This is America and Muslims have religious freedom. Our President is a Muslim according to Islam's beliefs. I think it's a great thing. God bless America.

Last edited:

your argument is stupid

Your argument is not only stupid, it is counter to reality and the facts. This is America and Muslims have religious freedom. Our President is a Muslim according to Islam's beliefs. I think it's a great thing. God bless America.

Huh? :eek:

Muslims in America or elsewhere have no say on whether Obama is a Muslim or not.

The Islamic belief may be that, but beliefs are not facts.

:lol: Look it up:beliefs :cuckoo:

This is America and Muslims have religious freedom. Our President is a Muslim according to Islam's beliefs. I think it's a great thing. God bless America.
I'm sorry you're right.

My Muslim friends just sent me a message. '

btw, you may want to know, they all think (according to Islam's beliefs) you are an infidel and need to kill yourself.

goodbye, I will respect your sticking to your principles in death as in life.

:(

your argument is stupid

Huh? :eek:

Muslims in America or elsewhere have no say on whether Obama is a Muslim or not.

The Islamic belief may be that, but beliefs are not facts.

:lol: Look it up:beliefs :cuckoo:

Belief is fact to those who believe. Contemplate this for a time grasshopper.

Coincidence?

Incorrect. In Islam, everyone is born as a Muslim. You simply aren't held accountable for your apostasy if you're born into an unbelieving family. You are as much of a Muslim as Obama. Now, all of you quit acting as if you know anything about Islam and move on. He's not one of us.

Incorrect. In Islam, everyone is born as a Muslim. You simply aren't held accountable for your apostasy if you're born into an unbelieving family. You are as much of a Muslim as Obama. Now, all of you quit acting as if you know anything about Islam and move on. He's not one of us.
:lol::lol::lol:

washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.
In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.

:clap2:
What most people believe, most of time, is mostly wrong; particularly in regard to politics or political figures.

Personally i believe he's a loyal indoctrinated Saul Alinsky-trained Marxist. I don't believe religion has much meaning or influence for this President. I mean were Mao Tse Tung and Joseph Stalin religious men? Hey,just my opinion anyway.

If your father is a muslim then the child is muslim at birth. Obama is a muslim.

Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Hussein is a Muslim name, which comes from the name of Ali’s son–Hussein Ibn Ali. And Obama is named after his late Kenyan father, the late Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., apparently a Muslim.

And while Obama may not identify as a Muslim, that’s not how the Arab and Muslim Streets see it. In Arab culture and under Islamic law, if your father is a Muslim, so are you. And once a Muslim, always a Muslim. You cannot go back. In Islamic eyes, Obama is certainly a Muslim. He may think he’s a Christian, but they do not.

Forum List

Back