Worse Than Carter

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
yep.

SNIP.

By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 8.19.10 @ 6:09AM

WASHINGTON -- It is becoming apparent for all to see, that a man who made his name as a community organizer does not have the skills to be President of these United States. Maybe he could develop the requisite skills as a governor. Possibly, he could develop such skills were he to sit in the Senate for a couple of terms. Yet there are delicate sensitivities, the ability to listen, to stick by your guns, occasionally to remain reticent. These are the fundamentals of a leader, and President Barack Obama has demonstrated that he lacks all of them, most notably reticence. I now think it is clear even to Official Washington that President Obama is the worst president of modern times. President Jimmy Carter is redeemed.

The other night at a White House dinner solemnizing the opening of Ramadan he leaped right in to endorse the building a mosque at Ground Zero. He -- a man who has shown no religious fervor during his time in the White House -- let out a ringing defense of religious liberty and tolerance. Of a sudden, he was at the center of a national controversy that was growing. It put me in mind of his inability to defuse the controversy over healthcare. Any sensible president would have relented, as opposition to healthcare grew to the majority position. He would have settled for some sort of compromise, but not the community-organizer-turned-president. He wanted it all. He lunged on and created among the electorate a row over national healthcare that divided the nation, and put some of us in mind of a civil war that continues to rage. What is more, he imperiled his party's margins in both houses.

the rest here with comments.
The American Spectator : Worse Than Carter

ahahahahzahahaha

but you thought Bush and team were great so what do you know

LOL, good to see the "hacks" still using Wikipedia for their "truth source":lol:

Last edited:
yep.

SNIP.

WASHINGTON -- It is becoming apparent for all to see, that a man who made his name as a community organizer does not have the skills to be President of these United States. Maybe he could develop the requisite skills as a governor. Possibly, he could develop such skills were he to sit in the Senate for a couple of terms. Yet there are delicate sensitivities, the ability to listen, to stick by your guns, occasionally to remain reticent. These are the fundamentals of a leader, and President Barack Obama has demonstrated that he lacks all of them, most notably reticence. I now think it is clear even to Official Washington that President Obama is the worst president of modern times. President Jimmy Carter is redeemed.

The other night at a White House dinner solemnizing the opening of Ramadan he leaped right in to endorse the building a mosque at Ground Zero. He -- a man who has shown no religious fervor during his time in the White House -- let out a ringing defense of religious liberty and tolerance. Of a sudden, he was at the center of a national controversy that was growing. It put me in mind of his inability to defuse the controversy over healthcare. Any sensible president would have relented, as opposition to healthcare grew to the majority position. He would have settled for some sort of compromise, but not the community-organizer-turned-president. He wanted it all. He lunged on and created among the electorate a row over national healthcare that divided the nation, and put some of us in mind of a civil war that continues to rage. What is more, he imperiled his party's margins in both houses.

interesting

I note two points in this.....tirade....

1. Yet there are delicate sensitivities, the ability to listen, to stick by your guns,

2. Any sensible president would have relented, as opposition to healthcare grew to the majority position.

so he should have stuck to his guns AND relented?

personally I agree with the MAIN point, that obama was not really ready to be president.

but I feel the same way about palin.

In obamas case it's possible that with more experience he may have developed the skills to be a decent president....

I dont think that will ever happen with palin.

I think mccain would have been a good president.

besides all of his experience I believe he was a good, decent, honorable and fair man

unfortunately his pick of palin to throw a bone to the r.w. conservatives/christians was a bit of a mistake.

better that he should have picked another honorable and experienced person

obamas choice of biden was also a bit unnerving

no doubt biden and palin are decent enough people but surely NOT presidential material

Even when Obama's presidency ends in 2013, he will still not have the qualifications to be President. He will forever be known as the Affirmative Action Pres'ent.

No...they will ignore 4 years in the Senate and 8 years as president and still claim he is just a Community organizer

Excellent commentary, as always.

It's refreshing to have people share some thoughts in their own words rather than just regurgitate talking points.

That sad part is that "yep" is actually more informative than her usual "OMG" or emoticon usage. She's hands down the most worthless poster on this site. I don't blame her entirely though, I think it's her lack of education and inability to critically think and form an opinion that's holding her back.

Excellent commentary, as always.

It's refreshing to have people share some thoughts in their own words rather than just regurgitate talking points.

That sad part is that "yep" is actually more informative than her usual "OMG" or emoticon usage. She's hands down the most worthless poster on this site. I don't blame her entirely though, I think it's her lack of education and inability to critically think and form an opinion that's holding her back.

I still can't differentiate her posts from Willows. Both provide childlike responses

Last edited:
yep.

SNIP.

"Maybe he could develop the requisite skills as a governor."

Doubtful. I don't see this man ever balancing a budget. Only power and corruption.

Even when Obama's presidency ends in 2013, he will still not have the qualifications to be President. He will forever be known as the Affirmative Action Pres'ent.

here is the real reason they hate Obama so much.

It's true. Obama is totally unqualified to be a fellow citizen, let alone the President of the United States. He hates America. He is a walking, talking embarrassment and the only reason he was elected was that it would be "historic". Well, too bad for us. That's One Big Ass Mistake America!

Last edited:
He was a STATE SENATOR until 2004 and was only that for like six years before he became a US Senator thanks to the GOP nominee not being able to keep his zipper closed and then that skirt chaser was replaced by a religious fanatic and within a few months started running for President, him being elected is most a testament to how bad the GOP screwed up than anything;imho; he was millions of people "lesser of evil" and basically, all he had to do was yap "Hope and Change" over and over again to get into office.

It's true. Obama is totally unqualified to be a fellow citizen, let alone the President of the United States. He hates America. He is a walking, talking embarrassment and the only reason he was elected was that it would be "historic". Well, too bad for us. That's One Big Ass Mistake America!

The founders determined the qualifications and he mets them all.

You just dont think a Black man can be qualified to be president

More GOP "We only lost because he is black"

None of the "We lost because we ran the country for eight years and fucked everything up"

if obama were a white man with his viewpoints, experience and record, hllary clinton would be our president right now.

do you really think chris matthews gets a tingle down his leg if obama wasn't black?

Forum List

Back