Worse Than Carter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    yep.

SNIP.

By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. on 8.19.10 @ 6:09AM

WASHINGTON -- It is becoming apparent for all to see, that a man who made his name as a community organizer does not have the skills to be President of these United States. Maybe he could develop the requisite skills as a governor. Possibly, he could develop such skills were he to sit in the Senate for a couple of terms. Yet there are delicate sensitivities, the ability to listen, to stick by your guns, occasionally to remain reticent. These are the fundamentals of a leader, and President Barack Obama has demonstrated that he lacks all of them, most notably reticence. I now think it is clear even to Official Washington that President Obama is the worst president of modern times. President Jimmy Carter is redeemed.

The other night at a White House dinner solemnizing the opening of Ramadan he leaped right in to endorse the building a mosque at Ground Zero. He -- a man who has shown no religious fervor during his time in the White House -- let out a ringing defense of religious liberty and tolerance. Of a sudden, he was at the center of a national controversy that was growing. It put me in mind of his inability to defuse the controversy over healthcare. Any sensible president would have relented, as opposition to healthcare grew to the majority position. He would have settled for some sort of compromise, but not the community-organizer-turned-president. He wanted it all. He lunged on and created among the electorate a row over national healthcare that divided the nation, and put some of us in mind of a civil war that continues to rage. What is more, he imperiled his party's margins in both houses.

the rest here with comments.
    The American Spectator : Worse Than Carter

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    ahahahahzahahaha

but you thought Bush and team were great so what do you know

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    LOL, good to see the "hacks" still using Wikipedia for their "truth source":lol:

5. AvgGuyIA

AvgGuyIA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,447
    Even when Obama's presidency ends in 2013, he will still not have the qualifications to be President. He will forever be known as the Affirmative Action Pres'ent.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    Excellent commentary, as always.

It's refreshing to have people share some thoughts in their own words rather than just regurgitate talking points.

7. rikules

rikules fighting thugs and cons

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +305
    interesting

I note two points in this.....tirade....

1. Yet there are delicate sensitivities, the ability to listen, to stick by your guns,

2. Any sensible president would have relented, as opposition to healthcare grew to the majority position.

so he should have stuck to his guns AND relented?

personally I agree with the MAIN point, that obama was not really ready to be president.

but I feel the same way about palin.

In obamas case it's possible that with more experience he may have developed the skills to be a decent president....

I dont think that will ever happen with palin.

I think mccain would have been a good president.

besides all of his experience I believe he was a good, decent, honorable and fair man

unfortunately his pick of palin to throw a bone to the r.w. conservatives/christians was a bit of a mistake.

better that he should have picked another honorable and experienced person

obamas choice of biden was also a bit unnerving

no doubt biden and palin are decent enough people but surely NOT presidential material

8. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    No...they will ignore 4 years in the Senate and 8 years as president and still claim he is just a Community organizer

9. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    That sad part is that "yep" is actually more informative than her usual "OMG" or emoticon usage. She's hands down the most worthless poster on this site. I don't blame her entirely though, I think it's her lack of education and inability to critically think and form an opinion that's holding her back.

10. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    I still can't differentiate her posts from Willows. Both provide childlike responses