One in every Five Americans think Obama is a Muslim

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.

The president's religion, like his place of birth, has been the subject of Internet-spread rumors and falsehoods since before he began his presidential campaign, and the poll indicates that those rumors have gained currency since Obama took office. The number of people who now correctly identify Obama as a Christian has dropped to 34 percent, down from nearly half when he took office.

Among those who say Obama is a Muslim, 60 percent say they learned about his religion from the media, suggesting that their opinions are fueled by misinformation. More than a third of conservative Republicans now say Obama is a Muslim, nearly double the percentage saying so early last year.

In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.

I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

washingtonpost.com

The number of Americans who believe -- wrongly -- that President Obama is a Muslim has increased significantly since his inauguration and now account for nearly 20 percent of the nation's population.

Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero, and they suggest that there could be serious political danger for the White House as the debate continues.
The president's religion, like his place of birth, has been the subject of Internet-spread rumors and falsehoods since before he began his presidential campaign, and the poll indicates that those rumors have gained currency since Obama took office. The number of people who now correctly identify Obama as a Christian has dropped to 34 percent, down from nearly half when he took office.
Among those who say Obama is a Muslim, 60 percent say they learned about his religion from the media, suggesting that their opinions are fueled by misinformation. More than a third of conservative Republicans now say Obama is a Muslim, nearly double the percentage saying so early last year.
In the Time poll, 25 percent say most Muslims in the United States are not patriotic Americans. But the survey also indicates that the public's opposition to the center may be more complicated than just anti-Muslim sentiment. Fifty-five percent said they would accept a Muslim community center and place of worship two blocks from their own home.
I have a feeling most of those people who think Obama is a Muslim likely think most Muslims in the U.S are not patriotic Americans.

Laugh or cry? It's a coin flip.

:(

Well I rather not give away my secret and call it a precognition. Nice to see you too CG. :cool:

Well I rather not give away my secret and call it a precognition. Nice to see you too CG. :cool:

For a second, I almost believed you meant that. :lol:

Btw, I could take you more seriously, you would would read the crap you link to and accept at face value. Might I suggest that you actually read - I mean really read - the article. Look at the words, Moddie. Analyse it.

Btw, I could take you more seriously, you would would read the crap you link to and accept at face value. Might I suggest that you actually read - I mean really read - the article. Look at the words, Moddie. Analyse it.
ssohthehorror2.jpg

Oh the irony! The irony.

welcome back. didn't know you were gone. I keep confusing you with another wingnut.

go figure

ssohthehorror2.jpg

Oh the irony! The irony.

welcome back. didn't know you were gone. I keep confusing you with another wingnut.

go figure

Sorry, I don't remember you.

Modbert as a 'feeling'.
"Those results, from a new Pew Research Center survey, were drawn from interviews done before the president's comments about the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero..." -OP link

and this before the current bullcrap? the numbers must have just gone up.

btw, the Pew Research Center -- it might not be FOX, but that is why most rational people would have some faith in it.:eusa_whistle:

ssohthehorror2.jpg

Oh the irony! The irony.

go figure

Electroshock therapy has that effect. But don't worry. The USMB PeeYew Research Cabal suggests this may be temporary.

ssohthehorror2.jpg

Oh the irony! The irony.

go figure

Electroshock therapy has that effect. But don't worry. The USMB PeeYew Research Cabal suggests this may be temporary.

Whatever you say.... since I have no idea what you're talking about.... but I'm guessing not many people do.... since it makes no sense.

Have a nice life though, really.

Whatever you say.... since I have no idea what you're talking about.... but I'm guessing not many people do.... since it makes no sense.

Progress is slow but there are signs you're coming along -- like you're using the much dreaded 'We' tactic here.

:clap2:

Progress is slow but there are signs you're coming along -- like you're using the much dreaded 'We' tactic here.

:clap2:

Thank God for Obama Care.... otherwise I guess your life support would be switched off. No sign of brain activity and your insurance co (assuming you can afford health insurance) would pull the plug.

I don't know what the man believes. He sat in that racist church for 20 years and "didn't hear a word". How long did it take for him to find a church in D.C.?

I can understand the results. This week he is a Muslim. Next week - who knows? It's all politics to him. I personally believe the man is God-less. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but man up about it.

I don't know what the man believes. He sat in that racist church for 20 years and "didn't hear a word". How long did it take for him to find a church in D.C.?

I can understand the results. This week he is a Muslim. Next week - who knows? It's all politics to him. I personally believe the man is God-less. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but man up about it.

Personally, I think the only Deity that Obama believes in is Obama. He's no more a Muslim than he is a Christian... the really interesting question - that the media never ask is not about what religion Americans believe he follows but do they care? I suspect the answer would scare the MSM.... because I figure it would be 'no'.

Interesting that the number thinking he's Muslim is increasing. Must be something to do with what he does and says? Iran comes to mind.

I have to go with Chanel, don't think he's religious at all, other than of worship of self.

Personally, I think the only Deity that Obama believes in is Obama. He's no more a Muslim than he is a Christian... the really interesting question - that the media never ask is not about what religion Americans believe he follows but do they care? I suspect the answer would scare the MSM.... because I figure it would be 'no'.

Do you ever consider how cynical you are? Come on. The man's got two daughters he obviously cares very much about and are baptized Christian, and obviously he had to skirt that Jeremiah is controversial because "that's politics baby!" .....but to accuse him of not being Christian when that's the faith he devoted most of his life to, and his children, you're just being too cynical.

Also, there's proof he eats pork, but don't let "he's a Muslim!" persons get in the way of their own dishonesty.

Forum List

Back