One in every Five Americans think Obama is a Muslim

For those of you who are ardently defending Obama, hang onto your passion! Your blind loyalty is admirable.

As for me, I don't know whether or not he's Muslim. So he's attended some fringe Christian Church whose teachings aren't consistent with traditional Christian values.

Actually he's attending the same Church George W Bush attended while he was President. It's at Camp David.

You righties really have some WACKO ideas.

:clap2:

Obama belongs to a church that subscribes to liberation theology. That's not mainstream. Apparently, you're not as familiar about Obama's background as you pretend to be.

I see that you refuse to defend Obama's tendency to favor Islam over Christianity and seek to resort to branding and labeling. It's a sign of weakness on your part.

I understand.

For those of you who are ardently defending Obama, hang onto your passion! Your blind loyalty is admirable.

As for me, I don't know whether or not he's Muslim. So he's attended some fringe Christian Church whose teachings aren't consistent with traditional Christian values.

Actually he's attending the same Church George W Bush attended while he was President. It's at Camp David.

Obama belongs to a church that subscribes to liberation theology. That's not mainstream. Apparently, you're not as familiar about Obama's background as you pretend to be.

I see that you refuse to defend Obama's tendency to favor Islam over Christianity and seek to resort to branding and labeling. It's a sign of weakness on your part.

I understand.

And what does it say about you that you actually care about what religion Obama is?

WHO CARES IF HE IS MUSLIM!? Its such a non-issue that people continue to harp on, it's ridiculous. How about spending energy on issues that actually mean something.

Exactly.

Nevermind the fact that he says he's Christian and in America you can be any religion you choose. And our President chose Christianity.

I chose no religion.

You can choose any religion you want to.

But apparently the right wingers in America would like to take this freedom of choice away from Americans and make them be whatever religion they feel they should be.

THAT'S unAmerican.
Why in hell would you make someting like that up and post it?

This is fun to watch. The lefties don't know what to do. They hate Christians, yet their President claims to be a Christian, yet the left defends Muslims as victims of a few zealots, yet Obama's Imam says the USA has more muslim blood on its hands than terrorists do, yet the left desparately wants to mosque built so it will be a poke in the eye to the Christians who the President claims to be, yet he was born a muslim and Sharia law says Obama is still a muslim, and to top it all off Obama's Imam is a proponent of Sharia law that stones homosexuals, adulterers, apostacy, etc, etc.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

This is fun to watch. The lefties don't know what to do. They hate Christians, yet their President claims to be a Christian, yet the left defends Muslims as victims of a few zealots, yet Obama's Imam says the USA has more muslim blood on its hands than terrorists do, yet the left desparately wants to mosque built so it will be a poke in the eye to the Christians who the President claims to be, yet he was born a muslim and Sharia law says Obama is still a muslim, and to top it all off Obama's Imam is a proponent of Sharia law that stones homosexuals, adulterers, apostacy, etc, etc.

Who's on first?

You guys do realize this poll did not ask them why they think that, or if they think he is a practicing Muslim or just a closet Muslim.

I am sure 99% of these people are aware he claims to be Christian, they just think he holds secret Muslim leanings and sympathies. Gee I wonder where they would get that impression.

I mean It is not like Obama has Lied to us on Several Occasion before. It is not like he makes an art form of Twisting the truth. Many Americans believe Obama has systematically lied to and misled the American Public, so it is not such a great leap to think he may not be being honest about his Faith as well.

The Most transparent President ever, that it turns out is true, because his Multitude of Lies to the American People are definitely Transparent.

Last edited:
So what if he's a Muslim?

a. What are you going to do about it

and

b. Who gives a shit?

What a dumb poll and a dumber debate.

Most Americans are clueless about the religion of a president. They dont know and could care less.

So most Americans in that poll know his name is Barak Hussein Obama, and whether his name is of Muslim origin or not, it sounds like it is.

It is not rocket science....it is basic steroetyping based on experience....and by no means was meant in a derogatory, racial or religious biased NEGATIVE way.

It was typical innocently ASSSUMING something.

I don't think that Islamic law requires that he must be raised by his father in order for birthright to be upheld. However, I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

As for the "church" he belonged to...that doesn't make him or ANYONE a Christian. I can belong to the First United Bank of the World for my entire life but it doesn't make me a banker. I can be a member of a 24 hour workout facility, but it doesn't make me a personal trainer.

I've known people to "pretend" to be christians their entire life...

I'm not saying the man is a practicing Muslim...I AM saying, however, that his heritage and history would suggest that he may be more lenient toward the Muslim faith than the average American would like.

This is another one of those "I have the right to say whether someone else is a Christian or not" kind of posts.....those are fun. I like playing.

The Rev Wright's church is Christian in name only. Black liberation Marxist theoology is not Christian. Jesus told us about "wolves in sheep's clothing" and that is exactly what Wright and Obama both are.

Says who?
You?
So that makes you an expert on religion?
When others claim that your church is not Christian are they right also?
Or do you ignore them as busy body know it alls like they are?
When I was growing up no one ever questioned another church on their beliefs. Farting in church is not as tacky as that.
That is a right wing practice over the last 2 decades.

Just as many "righties" hate Christians as "lefties".
If you do not know that you are either too young to know any better or you are ignorant.
True conservatives would never question someone about their relgion.

I am sure 99% of these people are aware he claims to be Christian, they just think he holds secret Muslim leanings and sympathies.

Leanings and sympathies don't make a person a Muslim.

Gaddafi said Obama is a muslim and you know how this works. We aren't stupid. Sharia law says Obama is a muslim. He can stick a feather in his ear and call himself "Black Eagle", but he's still a muslim.

Just as many "righties" hate Christians as "lefties".
If you do not know that you are either too young to know any better or you are ignorant.
True conservatives would never question someone about their relgion.

No, I'm not ignorant. I disagree with you. That does not make me ignorant. That makes you a fool and a narrow-minded asswipe.

I don't think that Islamic law requires that he must be raised by his father in order for birthright to be upheld. However, I could be wrong...but I doubt it.

As for the "church" he belonged to...that doesn't make him or ANYONE a Christian. I can belong to the First United Bank of the World for my entire life but it doesn't make me a banker. I can be a member of a 24 hour workout facility, but it doesn't make me a personal trainer.

I've known people to "pretend" to be christians their entire life...

I'm not saying the man is a practicing Muslim...I AM saying, however, that his heritage and history would suggest that he may be more lenient toward the Muslim faith than the average American would like.

This is another one of those "I have the right to say whether someone else is a Christian or not" kind of posts.....those are fun. I like playing.

Play on! What does it matter if he is a Moslem or not? Do we really care if a President is Christian, Moslem, Atheist or Hindu? I thought we got over this religion thing back when JFK became President. For me I just want someone in that office who can lead this country back to prosperity and does not pander to special interests.

What we care about actually is whether or not he is a fucking liar.

I am sure 99% of these people are aware he claims to be Christian, they just think he holds secret Muslim leanings and sympathies.

Leanings and sympathies don't make a person a Muslim.

Gaddafi said Obama is a muslim and you know how this works. We aren't stupid. Sharia law says Obama is a muslim. He can stick a feather in his ear and call himself "Black Eagle", but he's still a muslim.
Gaddafi said Reagan was a murderer who should have stood trial. I guess that settles it, 9/11 Reagan is a murderer. :lol:

I understand.

And what does it say about you that you actually care about what religion Obama is?

This is the internet, bucko. It's the topic of discussion. It says that I'm interested in joining this discussion.

I wasn't aware I needed your or anyone else's approval?

Forum List

Back