One Conservative Is Finally Facing A Small Part Of Reality

Well this conservative woke up years ago and left the Democratic Party. I'm now a happy registered Independent after being told once too often to shut up sit down and just vote the party line I did not agree with.

I live out in the desert on several acres at the foot of the mountains above 29 Palms Marine Base. I have my Snipers rifle with auto ranging scope, several ammo cans of ammo, a clear field of fire out to a mile or so with many routes of ex-filtration if needed. I have a go a bag and no ties to the community. I can ghost out at will and there are a lot of anti-government desert rats out here and Vietnam Era vets like me.

You aren't an independent. You're another republican who is too embarrassed to admit it. If you vote republican, and support republican goals, you're a republican. It doesn't matter what you try to pass yourself off as.

I vote for the individual I think will do the best job. IF you can not accept that too bad so sad get a life. Life is about more than politics and power!

Sure it is. That's why I don't care what you call yourself, but we both know what you are.

It's called constitutional carry and it doesn't apply to persons prohibited form having a gun. You snowflakes are sooooooo funny.

I agree. As usual the dumbass didn't research exactly what the bill said. Or if he did he ignored that part.

Color me shocked.

Actually I don't recall seeing the term in the bill itself, I was referring to the cumulative effect of its provisions.

You snowflakes are sooooooo funny.
Sheriff Snowflake.

Yep, your right of self defense doesn't end just because you find yourself in a demonstration. Other than that there's not much there there.

A conservative homosexual.

You are, maybe you should hook up with Milo.
You are a conservative homosexual. You should toss Milo's salad.

You snowflakes are sooooooo funny.
Sheriff Snowflake.

Yep, your right of self defense doesn't end just because you find yourself in a demonstration. Other than that there's not much there there.

A conservative homosexual.

You are, maybe you should hook up with Milo.
You are a conservative homosexual. You should toss Milo's salad.

I think my wife would be amazed to hear that. Exactly how did you come to that lame brained conclusion? Are you a sock for cnm, he thinks the commerce clause somehow relates to Trumps tax returns.

It is a rarity for a conservative to emerge from the alternate reality most of them call home. But, in the instance of Alabama’s Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning, a small part of reality has seeped into his right wing world.

Alabama Senator Gerald Allen has introduced Alabama Senate Bill 24 (SB24) that would repeal the current Alabama statute that requires a permit to have a concealed handgun on your person or in a vehicle. Further, it will allow everyone who was previously denied a lawful permit to now be able to carry a concealed handgun.

(The complete text of SB24 can be read at this link: Alabama SB24 | 2017 | Regular Session )

Isn’t that great news? For Sheriff Dorning it certainly is NOT.

The sheriff, obviously a devoted Republican who undoubtedly voted for Der Gropenfürher, is slowly coming to understand the true dangers of allowing all the nuts in his county (and state) to walk around with loaded guns stuffed down their pants. In response to this, the sheriff has begun an effort to gain public support to prevent Allen’s SB24 from becoming law. He has written an open letter to the people in his state asking them to contact their representatives and tell them to, “stop this madness.”

In an excerpt from Downing’s letter he points out: “Alabama law currently prohibits weapons at organized protests. A repeal of the current law by the passing of SB24 will allow handguns to be present at both peaceful and non-peaceful protests. This is especially troublesome and dangerous for protests that espouse hatred. Although protests are protected by the First Amendment, these gatherings will now be attended by persons possessing a handgun hidden from view of law enforcement. SB24 will allow these persons with a past history of violent behavior to do so.”

(His entire letter can be read at this link: Message From Sheriff Blake Dorning )

Despite the BS constantly spread by the NRA and other Second Amendment fanatics, the vast majority of Americans want to see common sense gun control laws implemented nation wide. Laws that would keep firearms out of the hands of former convicts, the mentally disturbed, domestic abusers, etc.

However, it is surprising to see a Southern conservative shocked to the point of facing the reality of the dangers of permitting any and all nuts to carry a concealed weapon nearly everywhere they go. It is a given that the intelligence level of Southern conservatives is even lower than that of conservatives in the rest of the nation. But it IS understandable why most conservatives oppose common sense gun laws, they would be among those forbidden by these laws to own any type of gun. And, whether Sheriff Downing is successful in stopping SB24, or not, his chances for re-election are rapidly dwindling with the publishing of his letter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 113602

Awwwwww. Let them have their guns.....call it an experiment.

When are hypocrite democrats going to stop trying to label Americans by their skin color, ethnicity, residence and political orientation. The left must be be going plump crazy to come up with this crap.

It is a rarity for a conservative to emerge from the alternate reality most of them call home. But, in the instance of Alabama’s Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning, a small part of reality has seeped into his right wing world.

Alabama Senator Gerald Allen has introduced Alabama Senate Bill 24 (SB24) that would repeal the current Alabama statute that requires a permit to have a concealed handgun on your person or in a vehicle. Further, it will allow everyone who was previously denied a lawful permit to now be able to carry a concealed handgun.

(The complete text of SB24 can be read at this link: Alabama SB24 | 2017 | Regular Session )

The sheriff, obviously a devoted Republican who undoubtedly voted for Der Gropenfürher, is slowly coming to understand the true dangers of allowing all the nuts in his county (and state) to walk around with loaded guns stuffed down their pants. In response to this, the sheriff has begun an effort to gain public support to prevent Allen’s SB24 from becoming law. He has written an open letter to the people in his state asking them to contact their representatives and tell them to, “stop this madness.”

In an excerpt from Downing’s letter he points out: “Alabama law currently prohibits weapons at organized protests. A repeal of the current law by the passing of SB24 will allow handguns to be present at both peaceful and non-peaceful protests. This is especially troublesome and dangerous for protests that espouse hatred. Although protests are protected by the First Amendment, these gatherings will now be attended by persons possessing a handgun hidden from view of law enforcement. SB24 will allow these persons with a past history of violent behavior to do so.”

(His entire letter can be read at this link: Message From Sheriff Blake Dorning )

Despite the BS constantly spread by the NRA and other Second Amendment fanatics, the vast majority of Americans want to see common sense gun control laws implemented nation wide. Laws that would keep firearms out of the hands of former convicts, the mentally disturbed, domestic abusers, etc.

However, it is surprising to see a Southern conservative shocked to the point of facing the reality of the dangers of permitting any and all nuts to carry a concealed weapon nearly everywhere they go. It is a given that the intelligence level of Southern conservatives is even lower than that of conservatives in the rest of the nation. But it IS understandable why most conservatives oppose common sense gun laws, they would be among those forbidden by these laws to own any type of gun. And, whether Sheriff Downing is successful in stopping SB24, or not, his chances for re-election are rapidly dwindling with the publishing of his letter.

There are several states that already have permitless carry and they do not have the issue you are fearing. Your argument against it is emotional, not fact based.

because we have to support EVERY policy & position of EVERY person we voted for

thanks for pointing that out...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 113602

Too bad you don't get a "small part of reality."

Alaska: 60% carry in the city, 90% outside the city. No riots, no civil unrest, low crime. It's really quite lovely, I highly recommend.
What alternate universe do live in? Alaska has the highest violent crime rate of any state in the union.

Crime Rate by State, 2014

Yeah those stats are deceptive in the raw numbers vs the environment picture. That figure constitutes a total of about 5k incidences across a state that's almost half the size of the lower 48. - See page 3: https://www.uaa.alaska.edu/academic..._Sheets/ajsac.17-02.viol_crimes_1986-2015.pdf

I've mentioned it on here before, but we recently had it out with lower 48 gangs trying to move in up here. It sounds counter intuitive, but before Alaska was forced to make marijuana illegal we had a kind of de-facto militia keeping the violent gangs and hard drugs out of the state. It was a mix of pride in Alaskan grown pot, known as Matanuska Thunder Fuck, which was said to be the finest in the country, perhaps even the world. (In fact there are designer places over in Europe, and the lower 48, that claim to sell MTF to this day - though the truth is the strain was lost when the grower was arrested in 1993... maybe it was '95 so those places are lying - All the pot growers up here are in a frenzy trying to recreate or find stock of the original growers strain right now since we made it legal again heh) Anyway, you can visually see the jump in our crime across the board after it was made illegal in 1992.

Our robbery rates in Anchorage skyrocketed when the Crypts came up here and established a vehicle theft ring. Assaults went nuts, hell we had 39 murders last year - that's a record for us in the big city. (That's Anchorage, population about 320,000) I have nothing but praise for our police in Anchorage though, even though they are chronically understaffed, they still catch 99% of the criminals and get them off the streets. I'm constantly talking about our need for officers up here as well, I want the officers stuck in shit holes like Chicago to come up here where people respect and appreciate them.

We also have an issue with the native villages, they're mean drunks and a bit well... rapey in their treatment of the ladies. We carry their crime rates, but we cannot really enforce nor prevent any of the crimes because they have tribunal justice systems that we're not in charge of. These folks aren't taken off the street for their offenses and they often do it again. Not saying that's "all" of it, but it is a noticeable part of it. Thing is we're talking about villages here, family units of 20-50 people - they typically handle everything in house, but they report their stats to the government so it's reflected for Alaska. I think we've always held the title as the number 1 rape state because it's been a major issue so we've made very strict laws; any penetration of anything, if their drunk, etc. all of that is counted in an attempt to get it under control, unfortunately we're fighting against traditional ways of life in very remote locations, with no ability to even punish them. Most of the time we don't even end up sending an officer because the village elders say they're taking care of it - but ya know how it goes, they say Uncle Joe just got drunk and brush it under the rug each time because Uncle Joe is one of their hunters and the village can't afford to lose him. (The majority of villages live on subsistence hunting.) Or maybe he's the only one who can fix a roof, shit like that so they excuse it, blow it off, whatever.

Anyway, think what you want, but our crime rate doesn't really reflect the reality we live in, nor does it have much to do with guns. If you slap someone's car window, that's considered assault. If you punch a wall while yelling at someone, that's assault. So yeah we have a lot of assault, but we'd rather have icky looking stats on paper than just ignore "threatening" shit like the lower 48 does. Like I said you'll never hear about riots in Alaska, because the second one of them picked up a rock the police would either arrest them or shoot them. We do not tolerate much of anything when it comes to crime, there's no leeway for like getting in someones face and yelling at them - if they tell you to "step off" and you don't that's considered assault. Funny story, but a lot of our assaults are actually bar brawls, which are practically an Alaska tradition, usually involves fists, ice balls, and occasionally pool cues, but frankly, if you're not hanging out in the older salons you'll not get caught up in it. (See also the Palin family brawls - yep that's Alaska, especially in the valley - wild west in bunny boots heh)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back