It's not a Muslim ban, but....

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
So, the right are getting all in a tizz because the Media has called Trump's attempt at a ban on 7 countries, all of the Muslim, as a Muslim ban. Sure, it's not a Muslim ban, it doesn't include countries that the US finds convenient to pretend they're not strict Muslims because they happen to have a lot of oil and are willing to be two faced about their relationship with the US.

British Muslim teacher taken off US-bound flight: I was treated like a criminal

But then you have a British school teacher, on a school trip. And he gets taken off the plane. Five teachers, and the only teacher to get treated like this was called Mohammed. Oh, what a surprise.

It's not a ban, but certainly the US is making Islam the enemy, and making the lives of Muslims who go to the US much harder.

Since Britain isn't one of the countries on the exclusion list, I'm curious why you feel this incident is connected to the exclusion.

So, the right are getting all in a tizz because the Media has called Trump's attempt at a ban on 7 countries, all of the Muslim, as a Muslim ban. Sure, it's not a Muslim ban, it doesn't include countries that the US finds convenient to pretend they're not strict Muslims because they happen to have a lot of oil and are willing to be two faced about their relationship with the US.

But then you have a British school teacher, on a school trip. And he gets taken off the plane. Five teachers, and the only teacher to get treated like this was called Mohammed. Oh, what a surprise.

It's not a ban, but certainly the US is making Islam the enemy, and making the lives of Muslims who go to the US much harder.

Here are six of the most populated Muslim nations in the world. How many are included in the EO ban and how many is not included as a result of oil?

- Indonesia 209,120,000
- India 176,200,000
- Pakistan 167,410,000
- Bangladesh 134,430,000
- Nigeria 77,300,000
- Egypt 76,990,000

This is why happens when liberals are ignorant over Trump's executive order. They have to say it's religious discrimination when it's over something they don't agree with, even while they can't prove it.

Last edited:

How many Christians have rights in these countries? Since you're our resident justice warrior now.

The poor, down-trodden boy states he was treated unfairly because his name is Mohammad, the single most common name in the world. It would be safe to say that hundreds or even thousand Muslims a day come through US customs. I'm guessing the reason this particular young man was singled-out was attitude, not religion.

Since Britain isn't one of the countries on the exclusion list, I'm curious why you feel this incident is connected to the exclusion.

This is the exact point. He's British, so why should he be singled out? Oh, he's a Muslim. How many more people are getting singled out just because they have a Muslim name?

That guy is a pussy. If he lived in Iran he would be thrown off the top of a building.

How many Christians have rights in these countries? Since you're our resident justice warrior now.

So, your point is, if many Muslim countries don't give rights to Christians, then we should be equally as bad as they are? Oh, amazing.

The poor, down-trodden boy states he was treated unfairly because his name is Mohammad, the single most common name in the world. It would be safe to say that hundreds or even thousand Muslims a day come through US customs. I'm guessing the reason this particular young man was singled-out was attitude, not religion.

So, why would a Welsh man on a school trip with a load of kids be considered a threat to anyone?

So, why would a Welsh man on a school trip with a load of kids be considered a threat to anyone?

Since neither you nor I have any idea what he might have said or done at the airport to draw customs officials' attention on him why do you assume it was his name or faith? Judging from the short video attached to that 'news article' you linked, I'm guessing he went their spoiling for a fight and got his wish.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

How many more people are getting singled out just because they have a Muslim name?

Prove this one was singled out because of his name. Maybe a thousand more of Muslims come through US Customs (no way of knowing because religion isn't on most country's passports) and if they're not all being singled-out then there is obviously not a special / punitive policy for dealing with Muslims coming to the US.

Last edited:

This is the exact point. He's British, so why should he be singled out? Oh, he's a Muslim. How many more people are getting singled out just because they have a Muslim name?
We do not know. Your news article does not know. There is noting pointing out why or even a plausible possibility of why he was removed from the flight.

I fond it interesting that you tie this into the EO that was signed by Trump when this case has literally nothing to do with that EO whatsoever at this point. Perhaps you have something of actual substance on the event?

Because if you do not, your comments are pointless conjecture and rather damaging to your position.

Most likely his name matched someone else who is on the "no fly" list. It happens all the time. He isn't special, just another SJW that has to make himself out to be a victim because of his 'minority status'. Either way, the US authorities don't have to explain themselves to some foreigner. Perhaps they have some intel on this guy in particular. The fact that he is a 'teacher' is irrelevant to the story, another example of the media trying to push this idea that an educated and/or professional Muslim is less dangerous, which is a complete lie.

Since neither you nor I have any idea what he might have said or done at the airport to draw customs officials' attention on him why do you assume it was his name or faith? Judging from the short video attached to that 'news article' you linked, I'm guessing he went their spoiling for a fight and got his wish.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Well, he was there with a school trip. The chances of him saying something silly, is almost nil, seeing as the UK foreign minister is getting involved too.

"“We got to the airport, and as soon as we got to check in, the lady behind the desk read my passport and then straight away said you’ve been selected for a random security check,” he said."

But a random check got him kicked off the flight, and had to be sent back home to the UK. I mean, what sort of a country treats people like that? Oh, yeah, the USA.

We do not know. Your news article does not know. There is noting pointing out why or even a plausible possibility of why he was removed from the flight.

I fond it interesting that you tie this into the EO that was signed by Trump when this case has literally nothing to do with that EO whatsoever at this point. Perhaps you have something of actual substance on the event?

Because if you do not, your comments are pointless conjecture and rather damaging to your position.

Well, if there were a valid reason, don't you think US officials would have given a valid reason? How can a guy be kicked off a plane without being given a valid reason?

I'm not saying this is part of the ban on 7 countries. I'm saying there is an anti-Muslim policy in place, and it's going to annoy a lot of people, you know, the sort of people who set off bombs and use guns etc. Guess who they'll target?

Most likely his name matched someone else who is on the "no fly" list. It happens all the time. He isn't special, just another SJW that has to make himself out to be a victim because of his 'minority status'. Either way, the US authorities don't have to explain themselves to some foreigner. Perhaps they have some intel on this guy in particular. The fact that he is a 'teacher' is irrelevant to the story, another example of the media trying to push this idea that an educated and/or professional Muslim is less dangerous, which is a complete lie.

Yeah, they don't have to explain themselves, but they do have to deal with the consequences.

Do you know the checks a teacher would have to go through in order to become a teacher? Let's put it this way, chances of him being a UK teacher and a terrorist, almost nil.

Yeah, they don't have to explain themselves, but they do have to deal with the consequences.

Do you know the checks a teacher would have to go through in order to become a teacher? Let's put it this way, chances of him being a UK teacher and a terrorist, almost nil.

What consequences? Some pro-Islamist progressives stomping their feet?

I don't care what checks a teacher goes through in the UK, has no bearing on potential terrorist ties.

He isn't a "Welsh man", he is a Muslim. That is how he identifies himself. He is the one claiming he was stopped because he is Muslim.

What consequences? Some pro-Islamist progressives stomping their feet?

I don't care what checks a teacher goes through in the UK, has no bearing on potential terrorist ties.

Consequences can come in many forms.

The first is from the British govt, and those from European countries who are seeing their citizens being treated with a complete lack of respect from the US authorities. So, maybe the reverse will happen, maybe Europe will just move away from the US and leave it short of allies.

The Second is the Islamic Fundamentalism finds it easier to recruit, and the US becomes, more and more, the desired target. When Muslims make more attacks in the US, you'll complain, without considering that the US was the one who started it and these are merely consequences of US foreign policy.

The third is a loss of freedoms and rights, the move towards a USA that is more about security than freedom.

And there might be other consequences too.

As for you not caring, well, I'm sure you and many others don't care, you fail to see consequences, you act like the tough guy, and then cry when the consequences hit you on the ass.

I'm saying there is an anti-Muslim policy in place,

Yesterday, I gave a ticket to a woman smoking on a train platform. She claimed she was only receiving the ticket because there was a policy against women. Do you think she had a valid point?

Forum List

Back