On the MSM/DNC and Limits to Push Back

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://environmentalrepublican.blogspot.com/2005/09/limits-of-blogosphere.html

The Limits of the Blogosphere

This week showed a major weakness in the blogosphere. While good things are being done all over for the victims, blogs were pummeled by the MSM as a whole and TV news in particular.

While the country was watching the devastation, they were treated to new conferences in where the federal government was wrongly maligned. Every person who has an axe to grind with the Bush administration was put on camera and given their opportunity. The Congressional Black Caucus had a news conference in which some esteemed representatives were making the partisan most of their air time:

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), said "To the President of the United States, I simply say that God cannot be pleased with our response." Cummings also said: ""We cannot allow it to be said that the difference between those who lived and those who died in this great storm and flood of 2005 was nothing more than poverty, age or skin color."

The dead tree press is also getting in on the act by injecting race into the issue.

Blogs can't compete with this onslaught. While the blogosphere is a major part of the information wagon train, they are much better with slower moving issues such as the Dan Rather affair or the Trent Lott kerfuffle.

I'm not saying that blogs have not provided a service during this disaster because they have proved to be a tremendous resource with raising donations and such. What I am saying is that during any type of disaster--especially in August when the Cindy Sheehan peace train lost its interest--the news networks have no peer when it comes to setting the agenda.

In the coming weeks and months, the blogosphere will pick apart the lies and distortions that have been flowing from the MSM, that is what we do. Unfortunately, in the eyes of most Americans, the federal government as a whole, and George W. Bush in particular, have failed in the relief effort. This is of course not the case as I've alluded to before.

This catastrophic event has shown just how limited the blogosphere is and will continue to be. I believe that most Americans watched the news the first day or so and formed opinions based on what was presented to them. I hope that people take some time after this emergency is abated and read what the truth is and was. Sadly, they most likely won't.

Update: A post concerning response procedures from yesterday. (BTW, thanks Glenn)

posted by scott @ 8:34 AM

Forum List

Back