Olympia Snowe Not Seeking Reelection

This very,very liberal Republican is calling it quits --and that is good news.She sided with the Democrats more then her own Republican party.She always sided against the American people.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Actually, she voted the party line 90% of the time. Now you will get someone who votes against you 100% of the time

I can see why you are celebrating

Really? Because she only voted along party lines 74% of the time, and voted only 69% of the time when the votes came up.
Olympia Snowe - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

....hmmm, wondering what leftwing hack you got your info from?

He pulls most information from his ass.

Actually, she voted the party line 90% of the time. Now you will get someone who votes against you 100% of the time

Really? Because she only voted along party lines 74% of the time, and voted only 69% of the time when the votes came up.

He pulls most information from his ass.

I knew it came from a leftwing hack...I just wasn't sure which one....but thanks for that info. :lol:

Not good for the Republicans. They won't be able to hold this seat.

One of the Senate's few remaining Republican moderates shocked the political world on Tuesday and announced she would not seek re-election this year.

Maine Sen. Olympia Snowe announced she would not seek a fourth term because she is tired of the polarization and partisanship that has permeated Washington in recent years.

"Unfortunately, I do not realistically expect the partisanship of recent years in the Senate to change over the short term," she said in a statement explaining her decision to retire.

Maine's junior GOP senator, Susan Collins, said in a statement that she was "absolutely devastated" by Snowe's decision to leave the Senate. Snowe was first elected in 1994. Collins was elected in 1996.

Snowe said her ability to win re-election was not at issue—she was heavily favored to win re-election. Her exit gives Democrats a new opportunity to be pick up a GOP-held seat in a year where they are fighting to hold on to control of the Senate.

Maine GOP Sen. Olympia Snowe won't seek re-election

pity they're driving off all of the smart republicans.

This very,very liberal Republican is calling it quits --and that is good news.She sided with the Democrats more then her own Republican party.She always sided against the American people.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

it's rightwinger

he just makes shit up :lol:

She was a republican? Who knew?
Old school, not radical, less interested in media attention than her job. One of last of the GREAT Republicans.

uh huh. who voted against obamacare....as did her partner Collins....
She votes for what she believes is best for the country. Rational Americans will ALWAYS disagree on such matters. That is why we are a great nation.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

I can't speak for her voting frequency rate but I do like a politician who isn't so completely blinded by partisanship and recognizes foolishness when they see it.

Lol things are looking up for republicans. She was a useful idiot. Bye bye. Snowe.
Republicans have 4 candidates that are going to "take it to the Convention". NOT positive. Still, three of them have short memories; I am excluding Paul.

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

RightWhiner is on a par with Rdweeb when it comes to presenting statistics honestly.

RightWhiner is on a par with Rdweeb when it comes to presenting statistics honestly.

Why do I see a large RED Circle with a line drawn in the middle?:eusa_drool::eusa_shhh:

No_Left_Turn_Text.jpg

(Image: The WWW)​

When your opponent is determined to shoot themselves in the foot, by all means help them reload. Olympia Snowe has to be one of the most honorable, knowledgeable and patriotic politicians of all time, bar none. :clap2:

what was he not accurate about?

feel free to provide more accurate and reliable statistics.

Without Snowe there would be no Obamacare.

Her Republican vote allowed it out of committee.

Don't let the door knob hit 'cha where the good lord split ' cha, Olympia.

Forum List

Back