Olympia Snowe Not Seeking Reelection

Hopefully the Tea Party in Maine will do what they're best at,

influencing the primary to assure that an unelectable Republican gets nominated.

The current ME governor was backed by the tea party.

But he won with under 40% of the vote. There was a strong independent candidate in the race and he almost won.

When your opponent is determined to shoot themselves in the foot, by all means help them reload. Olympia Snowe has to be one of the most honorable, knowledgeable and patriotic politicians of all time, bar none. :clap2:
As a matter of course YOU would applaud a RINO.

LOVE that RINO talk. Keep it coming. If you want to turn the Big Tent into a pup tent, be my guest. :lol::lol::lol:

She was a republican? Who knew?
Old school, not radical, less interested in media attention than her job. One of last of the GREAT Republicans.

let's not get carried away

she was competent

In today's congress being merely competent makes one a superstar legislator.

I'm thinking Shelly Pingree (Dem Rep for Maine) is the person most likely to try for that seat.

I like Shelly, she's a stand up DEM.

Olympia Snowe was a classy woman who happened to be a Republican representing a Blue State. On many critical issues she decided to side with what was best for the people in her state vs what was best for her party

Nice seeing her own party throw her under the bus

Actually, she voted the party line 90% of the time. Now you will get someone who votes against you 100% of the time

I can see why you are celebrating

Really? Because she only voted along party lines 74% of the time, and voted only 69% of the time when the votes came up.
Olympia Snowe - U.S. Congress Votes Database - The Washington Post

....hmmm, wondering what leftwing hack you got your info from?

I can't speak for her voting frequency rate but I do like a politician who isn't so completely blinded by partisanship and recognizes foolishness when they see it.

Yet....the democrat party chased off Lieberman when he wasn't in lockstep with the democrats. Am I looking at this right? Seems like two sets of rules, one for the democrats and one for the republicans.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Really? Because she only voted along party lines 74% of the time, and voted only 69% of the time when the votes came up.

I can't speak for her voting frequency rate but I do like a politician who isn't so completely blinded by partisanship and recognizes foolishness when they see it.

Yet....the democrat party chased off Lieberman when he wasn't in lockstep with the democrats. Am I looking at this right? Seems like two sets of rules, one for the democrats and one for the republicans.

:eek:

How did they chase him off?

They Still allowed him to keep his Chairmanship of Homeland Security. They treated him better than Republicans treated Arlen Specter

They Still allowed him to keep his Chairmanship of Homeland Security. They treated him better than Republicans treated Arlen Specter

um, by running the fuckwit 1% cable kid against him in '06?

just a guess

Calling Snowe a "moderate" is like calling Obama pro-life. Snowe is a liberal republican and a true "RINO". Maybe the Tea Party can come up with a real republican next time.

:lol: If he wasn't chased off, he still would have been a democrat. What an epic fail on your behalf, leftwinger.

If it wasn't for Obama he would have been chased off the committee....sheesh, you really have that short of a memory....or is it that you're trying to rewrite history? :razz:

just a guess

Lieberman lost an open primary. That is not being run off

:lol: If he wasn't chased off, he still would have been a democrat. What an epic fail on your behalf, leftwinger.

If it wasn't for Obama he would have been chased off the committee....sheesh, you really have that short of a memory....or is it that you're trying to rewrite history? :razz:

He probably forgot Zell Miller too....

just a guess

Lieberman lost an open primary. That is not being run off

Has anyone asked leftwinger which candidate recieved the democrat money?

View attachment $Unbearable[1].bmp

So let's see?

Obama stands up for the guy who endorsed McCain in 2008 and spoke against him at the 2008 GOP convention

And Republicans would have done the same?

You call that being chased off?

talk about an epic fail

So let's see?

Obama stands up for the guy who endorsed McCain in 2008 and spoke against him at the 2008 GOP convention

And Republicans would have done the same?

You call that being chased off?

talk about an epic fail

Dude...you got your ass handed to you...isn't it time to go back to your sandbox?
Don't keep embarrassing yourself. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back