Okay, Time to Put the Petty Bickering Aside for a Moment...

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I met a guy at the VA this morning. Very charismatic personality. Pretty sharp. But he's older and has no real computer skills (which I'm teaching down there and is how we met) or degree, so getting a job in Vegas is nil. However, he showed me a very rough business plan. It's actually great! I would definitely be a customer. I could also network him with a lot of other business owners who would use him.
His concern: If he incorporates and begins making money, does that affect his Social Security income in any way?
I have no idea.
I want to help him out but this is a subject on which I have zero knowledge or expertise in this area. Anyone know?

I met a guy at the VA this morning. Very charismatic personality. Pretty sharp. But he's older and has no real computer skills (which I'm teaching down there and is how we met) or degree, so getting a job in Vegas is nil. However, he showed me a very rough business plan. It's actually great! I would definitely be a customer. I could also network him with a lot of other business owners who would use him.
His concern: If he incorporates and begins making money, does that affect his Social Security income in any way?
I have no idea.
I want to help him out but this is a subject on which I have zero knowledge or expertise in this area. Anyone know?

tell him to see his lawyer and/or accountant

Forum List

Back