10 dead 18 injured in I 75 multi-car pile up

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
"I can't see anything. It's so dense -- the fog is so dense -- and we just hit a guardrail, and I think there was another accident behind us," the first caller told an Alachua County sheriff's dispatcher.

The bangs of several subsequent crashes could be heard in the background of nearly 13 minutes of 911 recordings released Monday. The voices on the calls reflected the fear and confusion of the predawn scene.

"Here comes another one. He's coming too fast. Here comes another one. Oh, yep -- see, there he goes ... that one was a bad one," one woman told dispatchers.

In the end, at least 12 passenger cars and seven semis were involved in the crashes. Subsequent fires burned three of the 10 dead "to a point where positive ID has been a hurdle for us," Riordan said. He said state troopers "did their due diligence" before reopening the road, but, "Sometime after the roadway was reopened, the conditions changed quickly."
Florida troopers reopened I-75 shortly before deadly crashes - CNN.com

Heard they are looking at if the brush fire was intentionally set. If it was, somebody is looking at 10 counts of murder.

Forum List

Back