Okay Atheists. What have you got?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Rarely do I see one that gets my attention, but someone actually posted something to a Facebook group I'm part of, and I thought I'd see what the Atheists here, can do with it.

What is your belief or "proof" for evolution? If you do believe we sprang out of the water and that it all evolved from there then why has there been no physical signs of evolution or change of kind? How do you explain the complexity of life on earth from that one fish or that one "big bang"?

Aaaand... GO!

then why has there been no physical signs of evolution or change of kind?
Really?
Not being an evolutionist (not really my area of study), I can't say that I had a response to that readily at my finger tips. I will say that, from what I do understand about Evolution, the one problem I did have is the "...complexity of life on earth from that one fish..." bit. my understanding is that Evolution doesn't purport that change comes from a single source, rather, it comes from a collection of sources with the same, or similar, mutation. If I have explained that badly, or got that wrong, do feel free to correct me.

Well, our limbs are similar to fish.
There are currently over 100 species of fish that are adapting to living on land at this moment.
It still sounds crazy, though. OF course, that isnt near enough evidence to suggest every land animal evolved from fish. Thats one reason why i dont necessarily doubt the existence of a Supreme Being.
So many questions with not enough fact. It seems dishonest to completely dismiss it.

Last edited:
Rarely do I see one that gets my attention, but someone actually posted something to a Facebook group I'm part of, and I thought I'd see what the Atheists here, can do with it.

What is your belief or "proof" for evolution? If you do believe we sprang out of the water and that it all evolved from there then why has there been no physical signs of evolution or change of kind? How do you explain the complexity of life on earth from that one fish or that one "big bang"?

Aaaand... GO!

Darwin done it.

Aaaand... GO!
YouTube has amazing 14 minute explanations or even 1 hour. I’m not going to write you a book. If not evolution god poofed two humans, two birds, two snakes and two frogs into existence. Pick one.

Aaaand... GO!
YouTube has amazing 14 minute explanations or even 1 hour. I’m not going to write you a book. If not evolution god poofed two humans, two birds, two snakes and two frogs into existence. Pick one.
Okay. I wasn't looking for a book. I was just looking for some useful, evidence based responses. Guess I was asking too much.

physiology is a creation of the metaphysical axioms and disappears when they are removed and is proof of the evolution of life to the present day. and will occur whenever the ecological conditions are appropriate throughout the universe.

Aaaand... GO!
It's not as complex as you might think.

Untitled.png

armbones.jpeg

Aaaand... GO!
Okay. I wasn't looking for a book. I was just looking for some useful, evidence based responses. Guess I was asking too much.
Sure.

1. Stellar evolution
2. Cosmic evolution
3. Chemical evolution
4. Biological evolution
5. the evolution of consciousness = pinnacle of evolution of matter

All predestined to occur by the laws of nature which existed before space and time were created.

What's for lunch?

Aaaand... GO!
Proof of evolution is simple, and I'll show you 2 ways to prove it.

One: If you look at houses from 200 years ago, it shows that humans were smaller back then, and we are evolving into taller beings.

Two: I used to eat meat but my thinking over the years has evolved to a more healthful diet as a vegetarian.

I'm not sure that size is inheritable without the improved diet and living conditions, but I'm quite sure the vegetarian diet is not. Inheritance is the sine qua non of evolution, Shirley?

Aaaand... GO!

What about dogs? We did that. We turned wolves into chewawas. If we could do that in a few hundred years imagine what natural selection could do in millions of years.

Aaaand... GO!

One: If you look at houses from 200 years ago, it shows that humans were smaller back then, and we are evolving into taller beings.

Two: I used to eat meat but my thinking over the years has evolved to a more healthful diet as a vegetarian.
The first does seem to be archaeological evidence supporting evolution. The second I'm not sure fits the model of Darwin's evolution. that seems to be more of a change in your personal choices. Not sure that's evidence of actual evolution.

This really cracks me up. Evolution is based on nothing but supposition. Take the fossil record, for instance. "Hey look! This fossil kinda looks like this one. They must be related." LOL! That's not science. It's wish fulfillment. There is not one single scrap of real scientific evidence for evolution. It's nothing but a fantasy.

This really cracks me up. Evolution is based on nothing but supposition. Take the fossil record, for instance. "Hey look! This fossil kinda looks like this one. They must be related." LOL! That's not science. It's wish fulfillment. There is not one single scrap of real scientific evidence for evolution. It's nothing but a fantasy.

Well when you understand science like a 3rd grader sure.

And besides, fossil records are only one of many pieces of evidence that confirm evolution is real

The fossil record provides snapshots of the past that, when assembled, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change over the past four billion years. The picture may be smudged in places and may have bits missing, but fossil evidence clearly shows that life is old and has changed over time.

And besides, what is your theory? How dare you mock fossil records but you believe dumber things with zero evidence.

Clues at the cellular level
Fossils can tell us about growth patterns in ancient animals. The picture at right is a cross-section through a sub-adult thigh bone of the duckbill dinosaur Maiasaura. The white spaces show that there were lots of blood vessels running through the bone, which indicates that it was a fast-growing bone. The black wavy horizontal line in mid-picture is a growth line, reflecting a seasonal pause in the animal's growth.

Evidence of Evolution
Scientists have discovered a wealth of evidence concerning human evolution, and this evidence comes in many forms. Thousands of human fossils enable researchers and students to study the changes that occurred in brain and body size, locomotion, diet, and other aspects regarding the way of life of early human species over the past 6 million years. Millions of stone tools, figurines and paintings, footprints, and other traces of human behavior in the prehistoric record tell about where and how early humans lived and when certain technological innovations were invented. Study of human genetics show how closely related we are to other primates – in fact, how connected we are with all other organisms – and can indicate the prehistoric migrations of our species, Homo sapiens, all over the world. Advances in the dating of fossils and artifacts help determine the age of those remains, which contributes to the big picture of when different milestones in becoming human evolved.

Our genes offer evidence of how closely we are related to one another – and of our species’ connection with all other organisms.

Dating
The layers that contain fossils and archeological clues can be dated by more than a dozen techniques that use the basic principles of physics, chemistry, and Earth sciences. Some techniques can even estimate the age of the ancient teeth and bones directly.

Well when you understand science like a 3rd grader sure.

And besides, fossil records are only one of many pieces of evidence that confirm evolution is real

The fossil record provides snapshots of the past that, when assembled, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change over the past four billion years. The picture may be smudged in places and may have bits missing, but fossil evidence clearly shows that life is old and has changed over time.

And besides, what is your theory? How dare you mock fossil records but you believe dumber things with zero evidence.

Clues at the cellular level
Fossils can tell us about growth patterns in ancient animals. The picture at right is a cross-section through a sub-adult thigh bone of the duckbill dinosaur Maiasaura. The white spaces show that there were lots of blood vessels running through the bone, which indicates that it was a fast-growing bone. The black wavy horizontal line in mid-picture is a growth line, reflecting a seasonal pause in the animal's growth.

Evidence of Evolution
Scientists have discovered a wealth of evidence concerning human evolution, and this evidence comes in many forms. Thousands of human fossils enable researchers and students to study the changes that occurred in brain and body size, locomotion, diet, and other aspects regarding the way of life of early human species over the past 6 million years. Millions of stone tools, figurines and paintings, footprints, and other traces of human behavior in the prehistoric record tell about where and how early humans lived and when certain technological innovations were invented. Study of human genetics show how closely related we are to other primates – in fact, how connected we are with all other organisms – and can indicate the prehistoric migrations of our species, Homo sapiens, all over the world. Advances in the dating of fossils and artifacts help determine the age of those remains, which contributes to the big picture of when different milestones in becoming human evolved.

Our genes offer evidence of how closely we are related to one another – and of our species’ connection with all other organisms.

Dating
The layers that contain fossils and archeological clues can be dated by more than a dozen techniques that use the basic principles of physics, chemistry, and Earth sciences. Some techniques can even estimate the age of the ancient teeth and bones directly.

Bwahahaha! You're funny. There are many scientists who disagree with you. I suppose you believe in man-made global warming too. LOLOL!

Aaaand... GO!

The first does seem to be archaeological evidence supporting evolution. The second I'm not sure fits the model of Darwin's evolution. that seems to be more of a change in your personal choices. Not sure that's evidence of actual evolution.
I would suggest that any change, even in personal choices, good or bad, is a sign of evolution. You're evolving towards a new position after thinking about it for a while. If there was no personal evolution, everyone would always stay the same, like having the same opinion of everything for your whole life and never changing your mind, ever.

A third way to show people that evolution is real is to show them a video of a caterpillar evolving into a butterfly.

Forum List

Back