OK ... Granny needs help

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
[Not ... one ... single ... word. I know what some of you are thinking.] :cuckoo: :eusa_naughty:

Anyway, back to the subject. Since moving to Tennessee I've had this wonderful experience of seeing all kinds of animals I've never seen before and birds that I haven't seen since I was a small child.

So, I was standing at my deck door drinking coffee this morning when this "thing" came across the playground grass headed for my building. I said, "What the hell??!!" I can't figure out what it was. Not a groundhog because I have lots of them outside my bedroom window. Judging from internet pictures, not a skunk, not a porcupine, not a raccoon, not a 'possum, not a badger, not an otter, certainly not a beaver.

So, it was black with long looking hair, apparently had inch-long legs, with white markings around his eyes (sort of like raccoon eyes) but nowhere else. It was sort of spread out ... like maybe a big humpbacked frisbee and was just slowly gliding along. It crossed the drive and headed to the shrubbery in front of my building. Of course, I had no intention of going downstairs and introducing myself ...

Can anybody tell me what the hell this thing might have been? Wondering is making me nuts.

Thankew. :D

A Democrat seeking a hiding place???

Could be a Russian wild boar or wild hog. Depends how long the hair was and did it have a snout.

do a google on long tailed weasels...the problem is they are all different colors etc

BT24021-TN-2.jpg

I was thinking maybe it was a badger but it didn't look like any of the badger pictures I saw online. I definitely know what weasels look like, and it wasn't a weasel. It was like it had furry flab sticking out on both its sides and there were no legs visible to me - at the time I posted frisbee was the only thing I could think of in terms of how it was shaped.

I have absolutely no idea what the thing was. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back