OK GOP apologizes for calling food-stamp recipients animals

Every time someone tries to prove that a significant amount of recipients are fraudulent the accusers fall short. Of course the majority of Americans don't want to pay for peoples cable tv, illegal drugs, booze and tobacco. That was addressed in my post. If you have a solution to prevent a few fraudulent losers, lets here it. Investigations and studies have shown the numbers to be approximately what I indicated. About 2 to perhaps 5 persons per 100 recipients. There is no evidence of widespread abuse of public assistance. And in any case, it is the job of local and state agencies to enforce rules and regulations that allow for abuse. If there is a problem in your area it is on you to fix it. If a local business is selling tobacco or booze get your state agencies to do their jobs.
You're talking but you're not understanding. Giving people food stamp money frees up disposable income for novelty purchases including everything I just listed. If people have the money for those things they should be spending it on food and they don't need food stamp assistance.

50 million food stamp recipients and almost none of them actually need it.
You have no evidence that 50 million food stamp recipients do not need the assistance they receive. You are just making a convenient opinion fit your agenda. Endless academic and scientific studies show you to be 100% wrong. You are trying to make something true than is false. Hungry children are not spending their food stamps on booze and tobacco, nor are the elderly. The idea in your head that single mom's and 80 year old's have disposable income is laughable.
Funny to hear a anti big intrusive government conservative trying to promote a social engineering experiment that will cause death and illness and huge medical cost to in the end prove stupid because the end result was known before it began.
The number alone is proof. 1 out of 6 Americans needs food stamps? Bullshit. And you have to be willingly blind and stupid not to see these people all around you buying extravagant items because they can afford to. Or if you're really that ignorant, just ask the cashier at a Walmart Supercenter; they'll tell you stories of what they see daily.

50 million Americans are not on the brink of starvation. In fact, no American is. It's all one big Left wing scam.
You keep trying to change the topic or issue. Who is claiming 50 million people are on the brink of starvation? What do you even know about starvation? Sounds like not much if anything.
I'm a military vet who's been outside of this country to see real poverty and hunger, skid mark. Nobody in America is starving. Nobody in America is in poverty. It takes world wide context to understand that.
What do we have to do to qualify for poverty, live like they do in the poorest parts of Bangladesh or the shanty towns of Rio?

You're talking but you're not understanding. Giving people food stamp money frees up disposable income for novelty purchases including everything I just listed. If people have the money for those things they should be spending it on food and they don't need food stamp assistance.

You have no evidence that 50 million food stamp recipients do not need the assistance they receive. You are just making a convenient opinion fit your agenda. Endless academic and scientific studies show you to be 100% wrong. You are trying to make something true than is false. Hungry children are not spending their food stamps on booze and tobacco, nor are the elderly. The idea in your head that single mom's and 80 year old's have disposable income is laughable.
Funny to hear a anti big intrusive government conservative trying to promote a social engineering experiment that will cause death and illness and huge medical cost to in the end prove stupid because the end result was known before it began.
The number alone is proof. 1 out of 6 Americans needs food stamps? Bullshit. And you have to be willingly blind and stupid not to see these people all around you buying extravagant items because they can afford to. Or if you're really that ignorant, just ask the cashier at a Walmart Supercenter; they'll tell you stories of what they see daily.

50 million Americans are not on the brink of starvation. In fact, no American is. It's all one big Left wing scam.
You keep trying to change the topic or issue. Who is claiming 50 million people are on the brink of starvation? What do you even know about starvation? Sounds like not much if anything.
I'm a military vet who's been outside of this country to see real poverty and hunger, skid mark. Nobody in America is starving. Nobody in America is in poverty. It takes world wide context to understand that.
What do we have to do to qualify for poverty, live like they do in the poorest parts of Bangladesh or the shanty towns of Rio?
Nice to see conservatives demanding a proper level of suffering before they allow our wealthy to give a nickel

Every time someone tries to prove that a significant amount of recipients are fraudulent the accusers fall short. Of course the majority of Americans don't want to pay for peoples cable tv, illegal drugs, booze and tobacco. That was addressed in my post. If you have a solution to prevent a few fraudulent losers, lets here it. Investigations and studies have shown the numbers to be approximately what I indicated. About 2 to perhaps 5 persons per 100 recipients. There is no evidence of widespread abuse of public assistance. And in any case, it is the job of local and state agencies to enforce rules and regulations that allow for abuse. If there is a problem in your area it is on you to fix it. If a local business is selling tobacco or booze get your state agencies to do their jobs.

Bullshit. I'm a military vet as well and there are people starving in America. Just because your scope of perspective is limited, there is no reason to present yourself as an authority when you obviously are ignorant.

The American people decided long ago that they did not want other Americans to suffer from hunger in a nation that produces an abundance of food. Enough Americans are educated to realize it is financially beneficial to feed the vulnerable, the unemployed, the disabled, the elderly, etc. than to pay the cost of massive malnutrition and other harms inflicted on society when hunger prevails.
It is the mean spirited and bitter among us that objects to helping these vulnerable and unfortunate citizens. The greedy and hateful would make 98 old people and kids suffer to prevent 2 undeserving individuals from receiving some free meals or abusing the system.

So give to your local food bank and other charities. I do.

And I'm among the millions of Americans, the vast majority, who doesn't think paying for people's cable TV, cell phone, drugs, booze, and cigarettes is charity.

So is the bottom line of the Capital Right via socialization of costs without respect to existing laws:

One may reasonably object to means-tested welfare programs on the grounds that they promote dependency and create perverse incentives and economic distortions. Many similar objections apply to middle-class entitlements like the mortgage interest deduction, Social Security and Medicare. But it's unreasonable to scapegoat law-abiding employers, as Egan does, for offering those at the low end of the economic scale the opportunity to earn money by working. Source: Best of the Web Today Walmart and Welfare - WSJ

Why is the Opportunity to "earn money by working" to be preferred to an Opportunity to earn money by learning money management under Any form of Capitalism through unemployment compensation on an at-will basis that clears our poverty guidelines.

Forum List

Back