Ohio House Speaker Sentenced To 20 Years

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

In one of the largest corruption cases in Ohio history, former state House Speaker Larry Householder was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 20 years in prison for orchestrating a nearly $60 million illegal bribery scheme that fueled his return to political power.

Once one of the most powerful politicians in Ohio, Householder is now a convicted felon, guilty of racketeering conspiracy and breaking the public's trust. He was immediately taken into custody in federal court in Cincinnati.

[snip]

Householder, former Ohio Republican Party chairman Matt Borges and three other men were charged with participating in a pay-to-play scheme that helped Householder win control of the Ohio House of Representatives in 2018, pass a $1.3 billion bailout for two nuclear plants in House Bill 6 and defend that law against a ballot initiative to block it.

This guy is your basic mobster. He ran the entire pay-for-play scheme like a mobster, and was not afraid to threaten the families of his fellow Republicans who were honest.

During the trial, witnesses detailed Householder's vengeful behavior. In secretly recorded conversations, Householder promised retribution on two GOP lawmakers: "If you're going to f--k with me, I'm going to f--k with your kids."

In this case, we have ACTUAL bribery and ACTUAL recordings.

In one of the largest corruption cases in Ohio history, former state House Speaker Larry Householder was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 20 years in prison for orchestrating a nearly $60 million illegal bribery scheme that fueled his return to political power.

Once one of the most powerful politicians in Ohio, Householder is now a convicted felon, guilty of racketeering conspiracy and breaking the public's trust. He was immediately taken into custody in federal court in Cincinnati.

[snip]

Householder, former Ohio Republican Party chairman Matt Borges and three other men were charged with participating in a pay-to-play scheme that helped Householder win control of the Ohio House of Representatives in 2018, pass a $1.3 billion bailout for two nuclear plants in House Bill 6 and defend that law against a ballot initiative to block it.

This guy is your basic mobster. He ran the entire pay-for-play scheme like a mobster, and was not afraid to threaten the families of his fellow Republicans who were honest.

During the trial, witnesses detailed Householder's vengeful behavior. In secretly recorded conversations, Householder promised retribution on two GOP lawmakers: "If you're going to f--k with me, I'm going to f--k with your kids."

We have recordings.

[snip]

Probably Jim Jordans BF.

[snip]

He sounds like Joe.

[snip]

If he had any sense he would have been democrat so he could have gotten away with it.

[snip]

Biden sold out our nation to enemies for $$$$$ and you're fine with that, of course.

[snip]

Wow! Republican speaker of the House, the state chairman of the Republican Party and three other Republicans. Sounds like, in Ohio Republicans just cannot be trusted.:omg:

Forum List

Back