Fried sentenced to 25 years

Sam Bankman-Fried, the former cryptocurrency mogul who was convicted of fraud, was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Thursday, capping an extraordinary saga that upended the multi-trillion-dollar crypto industry and became a cautionary tale of greed and hubris.

Mr. Bankman-Fried’s sentence was shorter than the 40 to 50 years that federal prosecutors had recommended, but above the six-and-a-half-year sentence requested by the defense lawyers. A federal probation officer had recommended 100 years, just under the maximum possible penalty of 110 years behind bars.

The sentence was handed down by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan at the Federal District Court in Manhattan.

So strange. Right-wingers assured us that since Bankman-Fried gave money to Dems (also to Repubs but of course they ignore that), he would get off scot-free, and yet... If the judge's name is familiar, he is the same guy who found Trump liable against Jean Carroll.

Sam Bankman-Fried, the former cryptocurrency mogul who was convicted of fraud, was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Thursday, capping an extraordinary saga that upended the multi-trillion-dollar crypto industry and became a cautionary tale of greed and hubris.

Mr. Bankman-Fried’s sentence was shorter than the 40 to 50 years that federal prosecutors had recommended, but above the six-and-a-half-year sentence requested by the defense lawyers. A federal probation officer had recommended 100 years, just under the maximum possible penalty of 110 years behind bars.

The sentence was handed down by Judge Lewis A. Kaplan at the Federal District Court in Manhattan.

So strange. Right-wingers assured us that since Bankman-Fried gave money to Dems (also to Repubs but of course they ignore that), he would get off scot-free, and yet... If the judge's name is familiar, he is the same guy who found Trump liable against Jean Carroll.
The guy not only stole so much money but added continued distrust of the market and especially crypto.

I don't know what the proper sentence is, but his lavish lifestyle and arrogance (from what I read) couldn't have helped. Greed is one of the worst kinds of attributes, especially when coupled with apparent smugness.

Which rightwingers said he would get off scott-free?
Just curious.

To dems, it was worth it. Him going to Prison, I mean. To SBF? Not so much. All those Tens of MILLIONS of dollars spent buying dem politicians won't do him much good sitting in Prison.

25 years is a long time. And, from what I understand, when you get Federal time, you do it. Every bit of it. All 25 years.

Question is -- Who will the dems get to replace him for the 2024 steal, er, er, election. He promised 1 Billion, yes 'Billion' with a 'B' for the upcoming '24 cycle to get dems put into Office so they can do more wonderful things for places like New Yawk and Sang Frang. Another 'Useful Idiot' I assume. Oh well, life goes on. Except for SBF. Hope he remembers the KY

Fallen Crypto Mogul Sam Bankman-Fried Gets 25 Years​

3ROXETYE5JCTPCCU2ZS3QUACMY.jpg
FhyxcblVQAAuF28.jpeg

65660235-0-image-a-20_1671205985928.jpg

Which rightwingers said he would get off scott-free?
Just curious.
Here is one...

One more...

I am sure there are more. Knock yourself out.

You're pretty far down the road with being able to get away with what you want to, but you're not quite that far yet.

What was BF's bond for embezzling 8 BILLION dollars?

You're pretty far down the road with being able to get away with what you want to, but you're not quite that far yet.

What was BF's bond for embezzling 8 BILLION dollars?
Ok, here is a relatively new gadget called Google search. Learn to use it. Good luck and let us know your progress.

Sam Bankman Fried the crypto crook has been sentenced to 25 years in prison. More than his defense team wanted but less than he deserve in my opinion.
who were this guy's victims? fried seems to be the kind of super genius visionary who actually understands bitcoin and can unleash the power of the block chain to create utopia where none exosted before.

his investors should be grateful that such a superior being recognized the truth :

"you can not cheat an honest man" p t barnum

hell, no. 25 years is not enough, but not a dime of bail out for the get rich quick crowd that threw their money at him.

Ok, here is a relatively new gadget called Google search. Learn to use it. Good luck and let us know your progress.

Awww, you don't know???

Was it less than Trump's on a civil case involving much less???

That scoundrel isn't going to fair well in a federal prison.
He will definitely be someone's bitch.

Bankman-Fried doesn't have bad charges , I don't think the average con in the joint really has much empathy for the wealthy people that he defrauded. It isn't like he's a Chomo, a police officer or a Rat.

Why do you think that he won't be able to get along on the yard well with the other inmates?

Awww, you don't know???

Was it less than Trump's on a civil case involving much less???
I do know and I could tell you but then you would remain a retard. Consider this my public service for today. :itsok:

To dems, it was worth it. Him going to Prison, I mean. To SBF? Not so much. All those Tens of MILLIONS of dollars spent buying dem politicians won't do him much good sitting in Prison.

25 years is a long time. And, from what I understand, when you get Federal time, you do it. Every bit of it. All 25 years.

Question is -- Who will the dems get to replace him for the 2024 steal, er, er, election. He promised 1 Billion, yes 'Billion' with a 'B' for the upcoming '24 cycle to get dems put into Office so they can do more wonderful things for places like New Yawk and Sang Frang. Another 'Useful Idiot' I assume. Oh well, life goes on. Except for SBF. Hope he remembers the KY

Fallen Crypto Mogul Sam Bankman-Fried Gets 25 Years​

Maybe Biden will pardon him on the way out the door.

LOL

Forum List

Back