Ohio bosses replace overtime with comptime!!!!

American I Am

Sep 10, 2009
The Great "Right To Work" State of Ohio, brought to You by Gov Kasich. (Ohio passes bill to let bosses replace overtime with comptime) www.dispatch.com

You have the right to be seen, but not heard.
You have the right to shut up and do what your told.
You have the right to work 10 to 16 hour days.
You have the right to work everyday until we tell you, that you can have a day off.
You have the right to make just above minimum wage.
You have the right to work under 40 hours a week.
You have the right to work over 70 hours a week.
You have the right to buy family health insurance coverage out of the $8.00 an hour You make.
You have the right to the Social Security or PBGC which your Gov't offers.
You have the right to vote for 1 of 2 worthless political parties.
You have the right to NOTHING CHUMP!!!!

I'm just so happy that I have the "Right To Work". :clap2:

The land of milk & honey, has now become the land of DEATH & TAXES!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:
Shut up and do what you are told

Don't you know you are supposed to sacrifice?

The Great "Right To Work" State of Ohio, brought to You by Gov Kasich. (Ohio passes bill to let bosses replace overtime with comptime) Central Ohio News, Sports, Arts & Classifieds | The Columbus Dispatch

You have the right to work everyday until we tell you, that you can have a day off.
You have the right to buy family health insurance coverage out of the $8.00 an hour You make.

The land of milk & honey, has now become the land of DEATH & TAXES!!! hahahahahahahahahaha

This is the kind of thing that happens when Ohio Dems don't get out and vote. Kasich had his stupid looking face everywhere during the campaign. I don't know what will motivate people but Wisconsin and Ohio especially should search their own consciences and stop complaining if they didn't vote.

Ohioans want to be treated like this? Keep on sitting election day out.

You poor , poor thing. What will you do? Move to Cuba ? Venezuala possibly?

empathy-bear.jpg

>

I'm more of an HR computer geek, not a compensation analyst, but I though "Comp Time" was only allowed under 29 USC § 207 for government entities, I thought private employers had to pay overtime.

>>>>

I've had a job that gave Comp time instead of overtime, try getting the Boss to let you use it once you've earned it. hahahaha

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take the $$$ please.

The Great "Right To Work" State of Ohio, brought to You by Gov Kasich. (Ohio passes bill to let bosses replace overtime with comptime) Central Ohio News, Sports, Arts & Classifieds | The Columbus Dispatch

This is the kind of thing that happens when Ohio Dems don't get out and vote. Kasich had his stupid looking face everywhere during the campaign. I don't know what will motivate people but Wisconsin and Ohio especially should search their own consciences and stop complaining if they didn't vote.

O no, you dun get to claim that. The fucking Ohio Democrats acted like the goddamned Mafia and now that half of them are in prison for public corruption, who the hell else were people gonna vote for?

I've had a job that gave Comp time instead of overtime, try getting the Boss to let you use it once you've earned it. hahahaha

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take the $$$ please.

This is a problem, no doubt. I have had such work before myself, and I have also been given the fish-eye when I wanted to use my "comp time". It also makes life miserable for your co-workers who must do your job whilst you take the day off to whistle Dixie.

IMO, comp time should be used if it suits the employers' needs, but not in place of OT. Let the employer offer the choice; some employees may want the time rather than the money. And it reminds the employer that an employee's personal time has value.

O no, you dun get to claim that. The fucking Ohio Democrats acted like the goddamned Mafia and now that half of them are in prison for public corruption, who the hell else were people gonna vote for?

Half? :doubt:

frankly, I would prefer comp time. Its 6 of one half dozen of another. IF I need time off, I bank it with my mgr., even though hes really not supposed to. I bank my vacation and sick time.

You also have the right to start your own business that would keep you from being beholden to the whims or desires of anyone else.

You also have the right to start your own business that would keep you from being beholden to the whims or desires of anyone else.

BRAVISIMO!

:clap2:

Find you a new country whydoncya?

BRAVISIMO!

Correct.

If you work for someone else then that's on you. I started my own small biz and would have a hard time going back.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

BRAVISIMO!

Correct.

If you work for someone else then that's on you. I started my own small biz and would have a hard time going back.

Therefore *You know*...easy to blame someone else when you didn't or don't take the risk...(or RUFUSE to own up to responsibility)...

this is the kind of thing that happens when ohio dems don't get out and vote. Kasich had his stupid looking face everywhere during the campaign. I don't know what will motivate people but wisconsin and ohio especially should search their own consciences and stop complaining if they didn't vote.

o no, you dun get to claim that. The fucking ohio democrats acted like the goddamned mafia and now that half of them are in prison for public corruption, who the hell else were people gonna vote for?

half? :doubt:

75%?

Forum List

Back