How much should a Police officer be paid?

Depends a lot on where they are police officers. I would expect the larger the city the more they should be paid. I know that our 2 full time officers don't expect to get rich....

"I can save some time by telling you that the conservative consensus around here is that the police are overpaid, lazy parasites."

Not!!! I admire everyone of them. They are soldiers and heroes, these days especially. They should be paid as much as their county can afford without exceeding their budget. If the policeperson cannot live within those means, they should look for the same job in a community that can afford higher pay and benefits.

Last edited:
I can save some time by telling you that the conservative consensus around here is that the police are overpaid, lazy parasites.

I guess you're wrong again, as usual. Stick YOUR ass out there and get shot at. Got nothing to do with politics.

Naturally...and NYC...is probably ONE of the fucking Statist parasites that will whine, moan and complain when the police don't respond at his whim...

I think we've worn out the teacher thread, so how's about we move on to a comparison to Police officers.

How much should they be paid?

Considering they put their lives on the line every time they put on that uniform, I would expect a great deal more then teachers.

However, again, they too should be NON union. Their pay and benefits should be sustainable within the city budget they serve.

I can save some time by telling you that the conservative consensus around here is that the police are overpaid, lazy parasites.

I guess you're wrong again, as usual. Stick YOUR ass out there and get shot at. Got nothing to do with politics.

Naturally...and NYC...is probably ONE of the fucking Statist parasites that will whine, moan and complain when the police don't respond at his whim...

I think we've worn out the teacher thread, so how's about we move on to a comparison to Police officers.

How much should they be paid?

How much is your life worth?

Why bother to ask some of these cretins? They so KNOW the price of everything...and the value of squat.

Perspective: I can't stand abusive cops. All you have to do is watch TV and you can see them. Six people to tackle and cuff one douchebag.

Having said that .. I know some good cops. As good as anyone in the military I have ever met. They're always at the mercy of the criminal. The criminal is on the offensive, and the criminal is usually armed better.

You pull over a speeder and when you approach, he pulls a gun.

It's always people posting from Mom's basement that don't have their asses out there that have the biggest opinions on these subjects.

They should be paid enough to attract people with actual social skills. no brainer

How much is your life worth?

Why bother to ask some of these cretins? They so KNOW the price of everything...and the value of squat.

Perspective: I can't stand abusive cops. All you have to do is watch TV and you can see them. Six people to tackle and cuff one douchebag.

Having said that .. I know some good cops. As good as anyone in the military I have ever met. They're always at the mercy of the criminal. The criminal is on the offensive, and the criminal is usually armed better.

You pull over a speeder and when you approach, he pulls a gun.

It's always people posting from Mom's basement that don't have their asses out there that have the biggest opinions on these subjects.

I agree with your prespective. I interact with many cops. I provide support for them on a technical level, [Radio communications]... I know many of them, and understand their perspective...they have a tough job. There's no denying that.

And a job I wouldn't do...but do opt to have a job that supports them and their mission.

And you can spot the ones with the wrong attitude as well. Thankfully I don't associate with them.I figure the system will catch up to them.

Forum List

Back