Oh, shit. Bad move, Sir. SERIOUSLY bad move.

Publicity stunts. Seriously tacky when it's a latte liberal from Hollywood. Just pathetic when it's the latte liberal in the White House.

Any takers that MSNBC will 'find' one - and produce a copy of the check, signed 'Barack Obama'... along with that heartwarming story of how the President saved them from destitution? LMAO

Of course is THIS is what proves to be true then yeah, it's a publicity stunt by the loser-in-chief.

Then again, it is out of HuffPoop; therefore, it is probably made up.

Immie

Obama Has Written Personal Checks To Struggling Americans

It seems like Obama views writing a check or making a phone call on a correspondent's behalf as a way for him to alleviate the powerlessness he sometimes feels when reading his mail from regular people.

"Some of these letters you read and you say, 'Gosh, I really want to help this person, and I may not have the tools to help them right now,'" the president told Saslow. "And then you start thinking about the fact that for every one person that wrote describing their story, there might be another hundred thousand going through the same thing. So there are times when I'm reading the letters and I feel pained that I can't do more, faster, to make a difference in their lives."

This is SO not the kind of word that should be out there.

:wtf:

He better get that check book out and start paying up. The bastard owes me money!

So? He's buying thier votes with attacking the 'rich' and his redistribution/class warfare doctrine...what is your point?

Any more tear jerker stories you wish to impart?

I think she's trying to say he made a mistake letting this out. I believe she is correct.
In saw that...and she made a mistake posting it...didn't she? ;)

Uncle can't vote.
Give it time...the DNC will figure a way...

As long as he doesn't have to produce a picture ID there are ways.

Immie
Indeed...and there are threads around here replete with such nonsense of our Statist brothers and sisters that think it's inherently unfair to prove who you are when voting and getting crossed off the list at the polling place as doing your civic duty...Guess to them it disallows the dead, illegals to vote...or individuals to vote multiple times and stuff the ballot box.

Last edited:

It seems like Obama views writing a check or making a phone call on a correspondent's behalf as a way for him to alleviate the powerlessness he sometimes feels when reading his mail from regular people.

"Some of these letters you read and you say, 'Gosh, I really want to help this person, and I may not have the tools to help them right now,'" the president told Saslow. "And then you start thinking about the fact that for every one person that wrote describing their story, there might be another hundred thousand going through the same thing. So there are times when I'm reading the letters and I feel pained that I can't do more, faster, to make a difference in their lives."

Yes we see how that laser like focus on jobs works. Screw the avg American

SAVE GOVERNMENT JOBS AT ALL COSTS.

yep, the unions make us keep teachers even if they are not even teaching our kids properly. Unions need to be out of public sector jobs. When our tax dollars are paying their wage they should not be allowed to strike!

Publicity stunts. Seriously tacky when it's a latte liberal from Hollywood. Just pathetic when it's the latte liberal in the White House.

Any takers that MSNBC will 'find' one - and produce a copy of the check, signed 'Barack Obama'... along with that heartwarming story of how the President saved them from destitution? LMAO

Actually, it's politically brilliant.

Politics is about theater as much as policy.

Obama knows he can't run on his record so much, his record sucks. But he can run on the fact that he cares about people and their problems.

And he knows that narrative works pretty well if his opponent is a guy who made millions of dollars putting people out of good paying jobs.

It's how Ted Kennedy won in 1994, it's how Obama will probably win this time.

(Holy moly, maybe I should set my life story down, how my wife and I once sat at the kitchen table and gazed at our young son, eating our last hamburgs, wondering where the next ones would come from, in print and send it off to Barack. Maybe he'll siphon off some of his royalties to send in my direction. Oh wait, just looked in the mirror. Wrong color.)

"Posted by Phineas

Oh, please. Don’t insult my intelligence:

Every night before he goes to sleep, the president of the United States reads 10 letters from the pile of 20,000 sent to him by Americans every day. Sometimes, he writes back. He’s even, on occasion, included a check.

“It’s not something I should advertise, but it has happened,” President Barack Obama told reporter Eli Saslow, author of the new book, “Ten Letters: The Stories Americans Tell Their President.”

I’m not sure what the bigger whopper is here: that Obama plays “secret Santa” to some of the poor, downtrodden folks in danger of losing their homes or with medical bills they can’t pay, or that a guy with an ego the size of the Grand Canyon is reluctant to talk about it.

Consider the first choice. Are you really going to tell me these people have received personal checks from the President of the United States and have stayed quiet about it? They didn’t tell their relatives? They and their relatives didn’t tell the local news? No one at the bank who cashed the check told anyone “Hey, I just cashed a check from Obama?” Word never got to the national news networks, who’d love to carry a feel-good story about their God-King?

Everyone stayed mum?

Sure. Uh-huh. I buy that. How much for the bridge, too?"

The kind of lies an immature, narcissistic president tells « Sister Toldjah

If Obama were really interested in helping people he'd get the fuck out of the White House now, not wait until 2012, and take all the Democrats in Congress with him

Actually, it's politically brilliant.

Politics is about theater as much as policy.

Obama knows he can't run on his record so much, his record sucks. But he can run on the fact that he cares about people and their problems.

And he knows that narrative works pretty well if his opponent is a guy who made millions of dollars putting people out of good paying jobs.

It's how Ted Kennedy won in 1994, it's how Obama will probably win this time.

Theatre that does what?

Fucks with...

OBAMALISTENING-1.jpg

Not exactly defending Liberty...is it? Time the shit ceased.​

You have to give it to Obama, he's got some great writers.

I don't think this rises to the Ayers' level, though.

Forum List

Back