Oh Noes! 'Out of control' global warming is coming!

Study warns of looming potential for runaway global warming

It's here. Did you know that deodorant actually melts when left in the car?

Just don't leave that roll of refrigerator biscuits in there. It could take your head off in this heat.

So -- how much hotter is your car because of the 1degree of GW in your lifetime? :rolleyes:
lol I'll watch out for the biscuits!
The heat and humidity in Downeast Maine is pretty much unheard of, for the long stretches we've been getting it. The tropical air from down south is getting to us and staying, and that's a climate pattern change.
Last summer we did not have a single day where it hit 90. It's been sweltering this summer. And I've heard of record heat all over Europe, as well.
You can minimize it all you like, but it's here.

So Maine NEVER got "tropical heat flow" before? How is a 1deg temperature MEAN change in your lifetime affecting the weather patterns? The VARIANCE on temperature NATURALLY is probably +/-6 or 8 degrees in the summertime. Probably closer to 10 or 12 in the winter time from year to year HISTORICALLY.

If there's ANY effect -- it's because the Arctic accounts for MOST of the "global" warming. There's virtually none in the Antarctic. The "global" effect is not even actually global.
Shup, FCT. It's too fuckin hot to argue.

Where I live it is going to be about 108 degrees today and about 110 tomorrow, no one will complain about it because it happens every year that it will be hot and over 100 degrees for an average of 15 days with many more over 90 degrees.

My Swamp cooler is all I need to keep the place comfortable.

Just don't leave that roll of refrigerator biscuits in there. It could take your head off in this heat.

So -- how much hotter is your car because of the 1degree of GW in your lifetime? :rolleyes:
The heat and humidity in Downeast Maine is pretty much unheard of, for the long stretches we've been getting it. The tropical air from down south is getting to us and staying, and that's a climate pattern change.
Last summer we did not have a single day where it hit 90. It's been sweltering this summer. And I've heard of record heat all over Europe, as well.

So Maine NEVER got "tropical heat flow" before? How is a 1deg temperature MEAN change in your lifetime affecting the weather patterns? The VARIANCE on temperature NATURALLY is probably +/-6 or 8 degrees in the summertime. Probably closer to 10 or 12 in the winter time from year to year HISTORICALLY.

If there's ANY effect -- it's because the Arctic accounts for MOST of the "global" warming. There's virtually none in the Antarctic. The "global" effect is not even actually global.

Where I live it is going to be about 108 degrees today and about 110 tomorrow, no one will complain about it because it happens every year that it will be hot and over 100 degrees for an average of 15 days with many more over 90 degrees.

Here in New York, summer hasn't even arrived yet. Low 80's almost every day. The handful of days its hit 90 or so weather guys call it "a scorcher".:ack-1::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I remember July in Lackland AFB the temp hit 113 in July basic train was stopped for a day and everyone took salt pills.

That's one theory. You have no way to prove it and there are theories that contend otherwise. Venus and Mars both provide examples of planets achieving runaway condition significantly and permanently altering their environments. The Gaia hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis: it is not well evidenced and, as a result, is not widely accepted. The rate at which CO2 emissions have raised the Earth's temperature and acidified the oceans has not been seen since the Chicxulub Impact, 66 million years ago. You don't know what the fuck it will and will not do to this planet.
Never been there how was the climate back then.

This ain't a "new study". It's commentary by activists about PAST studies of "trigger temperatures" and runaway feedbacks that had little proof to them. It's the "exaggerated" portion of GW science.

The theory is we live on such a junker of a planet that it will DESTROY itself with a 2DegC temperature anomaly. There's no real indications that this is the case from the historical records.

The MAIN tenets of GW are pretty clear and responsibly drawn up. But this whole mess is a LOT to be skeptical about.

These so called scientists seems unaware that we live in an "ice House" that has existed for the last few MILLION years.. The current landmasses and orbital tilt make it currently impossible for a hot house condition to arise.
So called scientists? Well, for sure, you remove any doubt as to the fact you know no science. So, present your proof that is the case. All I hear is an ignorant ass making statements for which he has no backing whatsoever.

This ain't a "new study". It's commentary by activists about PAST studies of "trigger temperatures" and runaway feedbacks that had little proof to them. It's the "exaggerated" portion of GW science.

The theory is we live on such a junker of a planet that it will DESTROY itself with a 2DegC temperature anomaly. There's no real indications that this is the case from the historical records.

The MAIN tenets of GW are pretty clear and responsibly drawn up. But this whole mess is a LOT to be skeptical about.

These so called scientists seems unaware that we live in an "ice House" that has existed for the last few MILLION years.. The current landmasses and orbital tilt make it currently impossible for a hot house condition to arise.
So called scientists? Well, for sure, you remove any doubt as to the fact you know no science. So, present your proof that is the case. All I hear is an ignorant ass making statements for which he has no backing whatsoever.

But the only thing that matters is tens of millions of voters believe climate scientists are self serving assholes whose work has little to do with saving the planet.....and these same people believe that AGW is a concept embraced by the suckers in our society. As long as that dynamic is the reality, the climate scientists are no more important than Scientology guys! Very few people are sitting home angst about the climate...those who are dwell at the fringe areas of the bell curve.:113:

Those who want to navigate in the real recognize that people will pay attention to what the climate scientists have been saying when folks are photographed water skiing at the north pole. Anybody who can connect the dots realizes that.:hello77::hhello::hhello:. Anything else is noise.

Last edited:

I actually need to present proof we live in an ice age world? You really that ignorant?

I have known this since the early 1970's that we live in an icehouse world, where GLACIATION is the dominant phase with short interglacials in between, this has been known for many decades and easy to learn about, if you stop being so dumb and ignorant.

When the Panama gap was finally closed around 2.6 million years ago, the Northern region by then had cooled down to the point that a small ice cap forms at the polar regions which ever since has been alternating between Glaciation and Interglacials ever since. The world was already in an ice age because of the South pole glaciation and cooler temperatures, but the North was still ice free until around 2.6 million years ago.

1024px-Five_Myr_Climate_Change.svg.png

LINK

The folks who made the news in this OP are "so called scientists". They are not climate experts. They are in more homogenized "environmental analysis" fields. All THEY did was re-cycle the old fear mongering that largely died out a decade ago. The BASIS for any of that "runaway, unstable, trigger temp" DOOM was ALWAYS been very weak. Since we don't even have accurate modeling of PRESENT thermodynamics of heat distribution on this planet. Nor do we have accurate enough HISTORICAL evidence to back those "catastrophic" sub theories of CC.

What we DO HAVE is a VERY accurate 40 year record of the atmos and surface temps that DO NOT SHOW any accelerations or "runaway" conditions since those SCARY fearful scenarios were picked up by the media and politicos. .

Forum List

Back