Oh Noes! 'Out of control' global warming is coming!

Study warns of looming potential for runaway global warming

This ain't a "new study". It's commentary by activists about PAST studies of "trigger temperatures" and runaway feedbacks that had little proof to them. It's the "exaggerated" portion of GW science.

The theory is we live on such a junker of a planet that it will DESTROY itself with a 2DegC temperature anomaly. There's no real indications that this is the case from the historical records.

The MAIN tenets of GW are pretty clear and responsibly drawn up. But this whole mess is a LOT to be skeptical about.

This ain't a "new study". It's commentary by activists about PAST studies of "trigger temperatures" and runaway feedbacks that had little proof to them. It's the "exaggerated" portion of GW science.

The theory is we live on such a junker of a planet that it will DESTROY itself with a 2DegC temperature anomaly. There's no real indications that this is the case from the historical records.

The MAIN tenets of GW are pretty clear and responsibly drawn up. But this whole mess is a LOT to be skeptical about.

These so called scientists seems unaware that we live in an "ice House" that has existed for the last few MILLION years.. The current landmasses and orbital tilt make it currently impossible for a hot house condition to arise.

That's one theory. You have no way to prove it and there are theories that contend otherwise. Venus and Mars both provide examples of planets achieving runaway condition significantly and permanently altering their environments. The Gaia hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis: it is not well evidenced and, as a result, is not widely accepted. The rate at which CO2 emissions have raised the Earth's temperature and acidified the oceans has not been seen since the Chicxulub Impact, 66 million years ago. You don't know what the fuck it will and will not do to this planet.

That's one theory. You have no way to prove it and there are theories that contend otherwise. Venus and Mars both provide examples of planets achieving runaway condition significantly and permanently altering their environments. The Gaia hypothesis is just that, a hypothesis: it is not well evidenced and, as a result, is not widely accepted. The rate at which CO2 emissions have raised the Earth's temperature and acidified the oceans has not been seen since the Chicxulub Impact, 66 million years ago. You don't know what the fuck it will and will not do to this planet.

Lol.... first accurate thing youve said in this forum in 5 years s0n!!!
Nobody knows what the fuck will or wont happen to this planet!!

THATS the whole damn point asshole!!:flirtysmile4::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Venus and Mars both provide examples of planets achieving runaway condition significantly and permanently altering their environments.

What planet are you on? You think either had habitable atmospheres in the past? There's a reason they "ran away". I have no problem with GHouse theory or CO2 being a greenhouse gas -- but THESE absurd assertions that were regurgitated in the OP have NEVER been accepted science. And that's where I draw the lines.

It's those "assertions" that got the fear mongering and the GW Crazy Train rolling. That was 30 years ago. You don't hear about those crazier assertions much since. Not EVEN in your Holy Book of IPCC reports. Although they periodically gave lip service to the 2degC "trigger theory" just so their political handlers at the IPCC had cover to go running to press with such headlines as "ONLY 50 DAYS LEFT TO SAVE THE PLANET".

No joke. That was the lead story 50 days before one of their meetings. That's how weird and sketchy this fear mongering got.

Thank goodness ...

beachWOD-Bear.jpg

It's here. Did you know that deodorant actually melts when left in the car?

Just don't leave that roll of refrigerator biscuits in there. It could take your head off in this heat.

So -- how much hotter is your car because of the 1degree of GW in your lifetime? :rolleyes:
lol I'll watch out for the biscuits!
The heat and humidity in Downeast Maine is pretty much unheard of, for the long stretches we've been getting it. The tropical air from down south is getting to us and staying, and that's a climate pattern change.
Last summer we did not have a single day where it hit 90. It's been sweltering this summer. And I've heard of record heat all over Europe, as well.
You can minimize it all you like, but it's here.

Just don't leave that roll of refrigerator biscuits in there. It could take your head off in this heat.

So -- how much hotter is your car because of the 1degree of GW in your lifetime? :rolleyes:
The heat and humidity in Downeast Maine is pretty much unheard of, for the long stretches we've been getting it. The tropical air from down south is getting to us and staying, and that's a climate pattern change.
Last summer we did not have a single day where it hit 90. It's been sweltering this summer. And I've heard of record heat all over Europe, as well.

What you are complaining about are the result of the MERIDONAL Jet flow, which is why the large temperature changes are occurring in various parts of the world.

Learn about it here:

ZONAL AND MERIDIONAL FLOW

So Maine NEVER got "tropical heat flow" before? How is a 1deg temperature MEAN change in your lifetime affecting the weather patterns? The VARIANCE on temperature NATURALLY is probably +/-6 or 8 degrees in the summertime. Probably closer to 10 or 12 in the winter time from year to year HISTORICALLY.

If there's ANY effect -- it's because the Arctic accounts for MOST of the "global" warming. There's virtually none in the Antarctic. The "global" effect is not even actually global.

Just to show you that I'm NOT winging it. Here is the HISTORICAL variance in temperature in Southern Maine.

Average Weather in South Portland Gardens, Maine, United States, Year Round - Weather Spark

Note -- it's exactly as I told you. Look at the Avg High/Low Temp graph and notice the NATURAL temperature variation for July. It's about 13DegF. I estimated. WAY low. AND -- as I told you the NATURAL variance in WINTER months is considerably higher. Perhaps even doubled that number.

That red and pink area around the High Temperature line is the statistical boundaries for "normal highs". That does not mean they won't ever be exceeded. Only that any spike close outside those shaded regions is maybe a 5 or 10 year event. And the Normal EXPECTED high is bounded on the high side at about 88degF.

So Maine NEVER got "tropical heat flow" before? How is a 1deg temperature MEAN change in your lifetime affecting the weather patterns? The VARIANCE on temperature NATURALLY is probably +/-6 or 8 degrees in the summertime. Probably closer to 10 or 12 in the winter time from year to year HISTORICALLY.

If there's ANY effect -- it's because the Arctic accounts for MOST of the "global" warming. There's virtually none in the Antarctic. The "global" effect is not even actually global.
Shup, FCT. It's too fuckin hot to argue.

I'll drop ship a window fan for your car. And a recipe for Mint Juleps. Works for us down here where it's ALWAYS hot in the summer.. Peace.......

I'll drop ship a window fan for your car. And a recipe for Mint Juleps. Works for us down here where it's ALWAYS hot in the summer.. Peace.......
The Mint Julep sounds just right. Today is quite a bit cooler than yesterday--82 right now, just humid.

Of course, I fully realize that global warming is not "proven" by a hot spell or even breaking records on a given day or even a month. It is an average over many years all over the planet. I do get it. It has just been a humdinger of a summer so when the question got asked, I had to jump.

Forum List

Back