CDZ Officially designating drug cartels as Terrorists.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by MarathonMike, Nov 26, 2019.

1. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,693
    It appears that President Trump is serious about this and will designate the Mexican drug cartels as Terrorist groups. It seems like the right thing to do, I just always wonder about the unintended consequences. Does this mean we could have drone strikes launched from the US side to take out a Terrorist cell? Will we be coordinating with Mexico's police and military? I see big problems with that given how corrupt that country is. But we almost have to at this point, the Cartels have already shown they can exert force and make the Mexican government cave like they did releasing El Chapo's son.

US to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,803

Long overdue

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Oddball

Oddball Unobtanium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +43,454
    While the Murican drug cartels (BigPharm) enjoy the protection rackets of the FDA & DEA to peddle their poisons with impunity.

Pretty fucked up, if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,595
    Just legalize everything. Drug cartels go out of business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Purge

The Purge BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,378
    Mexico’s government expressed alarm Tuesday after President Trump said he was planning to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist organizations, a move that officials here fear could complicate security cooperation and trade between the neighbors.

“Mexico will never accept any action that violates our national sovereignty,” Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard tweeted. “We will act firmly. I have sent our position to the U.S. as well as our resolution on combating transnational organized crime.”

Under U.S. law, a violent foreign group or individual who threatens American security can be designated as terrorist in nature and be subject to special sanctions. Any institution dealing with a designated terrorist — such as a bank or government official — comes under heavy scrutiny and potential punishment.

Arturo Sarukhan, a former Mexican ambassador to Washington, said that the U.S. government could go so far as limiting cooperation with a country that is home to designated terrorist groups, reducing imports or refusing to vote for loans for that nation from multilateral organizations.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ..

Does it NOT sound like the Mexican goverment is a FINANCIAL PARTNER with the cartels?... It certainly does to me!...Now Mr. President how about a BOMBING RUN on cartel strongholds in Mexico and since we have satellites that KNOW EXACTLY where drugs are grown and housed A few well placed LARGER BOMBS would be in order....Perhaps the Mexican government would respond with an airstrike on us, but I don't think they have a viable air force, and a stronger hand on these drug dealing thugs is ceryainly worth any financial inconvenience their government officials would face....Up the game DJT you can get impeached again for trying to make America a better place to live and save the lives of countless young Americans that get hooked on MEXICAN SHIT!.....I'm sure our subversives would agree....ROTFLMFAO!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. The Purge

The Purge BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,378
    Unfortunately thousands of our children would die if drugs got easier to get and cost like a pack of cigarettes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Oddball

Oddball Unobtanium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +43,454
    Thousands of the cheeeeeeellldreennnnnnnn are dying right fucking now....Illegal dope is easier to get than cigarettes and/or booze.

Quit blabbering like a liberoidal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. Syriusly

Syriusly Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,266
    I like how you are trying to anticipate the unintended consequences. Something not everyone tries to consider. I am trying to figure out whether this would really mean something, or would just be a grand gesture- "hey look what we did!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,353
    I wonder how they'll attack our civil liberties with this one. Every time some war on terror breaks out it turns out to be war on us.

National biometric ID, I'm assuming, what with all of the 'undocumented' immigrant spew. Once that happens freedom as we know it is dead. The legislation is out there if anyone cares to read it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,122
    While I consider any act that violates another country's sovereignty to be something not at all to be done lightly; I think it a greater principle that, when any foreign power threatens the safety and well-being of American citizens on American soil, that it is a duty and obligation of our federal government to do whatever is necessary to neutralize that threat. Clearly, the Central- and South-American drug cartels constitute such a power.
    We can offer to give whatever assistance is needed to government's of Latin American countries to help them fight these cartels, but ultimately, if those governments are unable or unwilling to control them to the degree necessary to eliminate the threat to us, then it is my opinion that our government has a duty and an obligation to take direct action, even if such action is seen as a violation of the sovereignty of those countries in which we must attack these cartels.

• Agree Agree x 1