[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Of course there will be a learning curve here and changing from the familiar and comfortable is often well, uncomfortable. But there are features here that I am already liking and admin has always accommodated us in the past when our requests have been reasonable. So I say kudos to a relatively trouble free first day and I think we will all see things improve as the bugs and glitches are worked out and we get used to it.

it doesn't need "tweaking". it's visually awful. my messages are gone. my rep that i've earned since 2006 is gone. everything is too disorganized. horrible. how's that?

I agree about the rep being gone, but I'm also kind of glad.

I gladly surrender my rep if it means that ass-hats with 20,000+ rep will no longer be able to neg noobs into the red - that was bad for us. It caused new posters to leave and go elsewhere.

You never did that, of course.

Disorganized and horrible? Did the new format bite you?

FYI videos in the Music Threads will take some time to appear. Plan for the EOD tomorrow before they are all showing properly

****Spread the word********

This is a train wreck. Can you believe the reduction in smilies ? LOL. This is too funny. The smilies were one of the really good things USMB had going for it, and now they're gone.

And some of the outdatedness problems STILL REMAIN. >> When you want to post a picture, you have to put in
at the end. In up-to-date forums (the Politics Forums, Political Forums, etc), you just right click Copy Image on the picture, and put it right in. Same with videos. I'm not even sure how to get a video in, in this antiquated, old forum. I tried to put one in today, and it didn't go in. Put it right in, in the other forums.

For some reason this is not letting me put my words in here, so the sentence that starts with "When you want to post a picture", is all fouled up and you didn't get to see what I typed.

This is a train wreck. Can you believe the reduction in smilies. The one good thing this old, outdated forum had going for it was good smilies. They're gone. LOL. This is too fuuny.

And some of the outdatedness problems STILL REMAIN. >> When you want to post a picture, you have to put in
at the end. In up-to-date forums (the Politics Forums, Political Forums, etc), you just right click Copy Image on the picture, and put it right in. Same with videos. I'm not even sure how to get a video in, in this antiquated, old forum. I tried to put one in today, and it didn't go in. Put it right in, in the other forums.
Testing

There's things that I liked to do that I can no longer do.

C'est la vie.

I shall find other things to take their place. Where shall I find them? In the new things.

This site is at a default right now with new software. There's gonna be a lot of changes implemented.

I hope that the Profile page gives more avenues to personalize.

I gladly surrender my rep if it means that ass-hats with 20,000+ rep will no longer be able to neg noobs into the red - that was bad for us. It caused new posters to leave and go elsewhere.

You never did that, of course.

Disorganized and horrible? Did the new format bite you?

first of all, what makes posters go elsewhere are insane posts by vile people. a board with threads that make it look like stormfront junior. i've seen this place turn into something horrible since i got here. so let's start there.

as for the format? do you have a vested interest in it? again, it's visually awful. perhaps management should actually have consulted with the people who ostensibly matter.

how's that?

Oh one other observation. Is there anyway to add the feature that allows the user name of who 'liked' or 'agreed' or 'disagreed' a post instead of just showing that somebody did? Otherwise there doesn't seem much point. You don't know if serious posters or idiots approved or disapproved of it.

I can't agree. I got gang-negged and 48-houred when I got here, and guess what, I stuck with it. Not to approve of that practice but a certain level of filtering out the not-really-committed isn't a bad thing, so I doubt we lost anybody of value.

Do vids automatically appear like the old software or do we have to click the green (blue) vid thingy?

Oh one other observation. Is there anyway to add the feature that allows the user name of who 'liked' or 'agreed' or 'disagreed' a post instead of just showing that somebody did? Otherwise there doesn't seem much point. You don't know if serious posters or idiots approved or disapproved of it.

Top right hand corner has your Alerts and that is where you can see who approved/disapproved of your posts.

1. How do you get last post to show first, when you open a thread?
2. Where is the PM notification pop up?
3. How do you get rid of hideous white background?

I hate change. HATE it. Gadgetry. And the conversation thing instead of pm. Oy.

What are the chances of being put back like we used to be?

Just askin'.

Forum List

Back