Official 2010 Baseball Thread

From what I understand, he's actually willing to take a significant cut in salary as opposed to what he can get on the open market, to stay in Minn.

He's the kind of player you don't see much of anymore.

We will see about that.

With Nathan gone, the Twins won't be a playoff team for years.

That has a way of changing a player's mind.

It's a big loss but for a small market team, the Twins manage to surprise a lot.

Just when you think they're doomed for the basement, they make the playoffs instead.

Ok ladies, the best time of year is almost upon us. Get your gloves and bats and be safe out there!

Predictions:

AL East:
Yankees 100-62
Red Sox 95-67
Rays 88-74
Blue Jays 77-84
Orioles 70-92

AL Central:
Twins 84-79
Tigers 83-80
White Sox 75-87
Indians 68-94
Royals 65-97

AL West:
Mariners 88-74
Angels 87-75
Rangers 83-79
Athletics 77-85

Wild Card: Red Sox

National League

NL East:
Phillies 92-70
Marlins 86-76
Mets 85-77
Braves 83-79
Nationals 60-102

NL Central:
Cardinals 97-65
Reds 90-72
Cubs 82-80
Brewers 79-83
Astros 76-86
Pirates 69-93

NL West
Dodgers 94-68
Diamondbacks 91-71
Giants 88-74
Rockies 81-81
Padres 72-90

Wild Card: D-backs

ALDS: Yankees over Twins in 3
ALDS: Sox over Mariners in 4

NLDS: Phillies over Dodgers in 4
NLDS: Cardinals over D-backs in 4

ALCS: Yankees over Sox in 7

NLCS: Phillies over Cards in 6

World Series:
Yankees over Phillies in 6

I have a feeling about the Mariners taking the west this year...I am sure come july/august I will look back at this and say "WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING WITH SOME OF THESE PICKS"

Edit: my NL west was all fucked up...

Yanks in 6. Hello #28!!

Let me just state that I am a KC Royals fan... but that they will suck yet once again and be an embarassment to the KC area.

Thank you for listening.

Yeah, Greinke's pretty much just going to waste out there in KC.

What a shame.

Looks like Reyes will start the season on the DL.

2010 Mets starting to look a lot like the 2009 Mets.

mr_burns.jpg

I have my doubts about the Sox this year.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is how they match up against the Yankees. First of all, they're in the same division, and second, if you match up well against the Yankees it's a solid bet you can hang with everyone else.

That said, the Sox do not match up well against the Yankees going into this season. Perhaps slightly better pitching, but a much weaker line-up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I envision a tough road just to win the wildcard.

Go Pats! Let's get some depth on defense with all those draft picks already! :cool:

I have not been to a baseball game in 25 years.

My mother used to listen to the Angels on the radio; she died the year before they won the World Series.

My Dad loved the Giants. Both NY and San Fran.

I played in Little League and High School. Truth be told I sucked. Though I could steal bases, I led our High School league at that. Broke a record.

My coach used to tell me to just get beened so I could get on base because I could not hit the side of a barn with a cow in heat. But I could steal a base.

Even third.

My last coach advised I go to track. But I stayed in baseball. Because my family loved baseball.

What I will never forget about baseball is my family in the bleachers, proud of me, happy; we were all playing baseball, playing together.

In my memory, baseball is eternity.

Last edited:
Remember that summer is for baseball first romance second.

My beloved became a baseball fan on our first date; we went to a Dodgers game.

Love me, love da game.

Being a fan of baseball is a requirement to win my heart. It's total deal-breaker status.

If the girlfriend ever tried telling me she isn't actually a baseball fan I'd be packed and moved out before she could finish the sentence.

Not before a couple blackened eyes though, of course :D

Hope the Phils make it 2 out of 3 but their pitching sucks overall.

Have you followed their spring so far?

The starters are pitching around a 2 ERA so far, and we have the best starting pitcher in baseball.

Forum List

Back