Official 2010 Baseball Thread

Heard again today the twins are talking to NY about Mauer, the word is they want Montero, NY's top catching prospect and Hughes & Jaba.

Don't count on Joe being a twin for life.

Ok ladies, the best time of year is almost upon us. Get your gloves and bats and be safe out there!

Predictions:

AL East:
Yankees 100-62
Red Sox 95-67
Rays 88-74
Blue Jays 77-84
Orioles 70-92

AL Central:
Twins 84-79
Tigers 83-80
White Sox 75-87
Indians 68-94
Royals 65-97

AL West:
Mariners 88-74
Angels 87-75
Rangers 83-79
Athletics 77-85

Wild Card: Red Sox

National League

NL East:
Phillies 92-70
Marlins 86-76
Mets 85-77
Braves 83-79
Nationals 60-102

NL Central:
Cardinals 97-65
Reds 90-72
Cubs 82-80
Brewers 79-83
Astros 76-86
Pirates 69-93

NL West
Dodgers 94-68
Diamondbacks 91-71
Giants 88-74
Rockies 81-81
Padres 72-90

Wild Card: D-backs

ALDS: Yankees over Twins in 3
ALDS: Sox over Mariners in 4

NLDS: Phillies over Dodgers in 4
NLDS: Cardinals over D-backs in 4

ALCS: Yankees over Sox in 7

NLCS: Phillies over Cards in 6

World Series:
Yankees over Phillies in 6

I have a feeling about the Mariners taking the west this year...I am sure come july/august I will look back at this and say "WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING WITH SOME OF THESE PICKS"

Edit: my NL west was all fucked up...

WTF??? Twinkies beating out the Tigers by a single game....again????

That would be too cruel.....

Beckett is supposedly going to sign a four year $70 million extension soon and it looks like Mike Lowell will be traded to the Rangers (again).

April in Minneapolis and the Twins are on the teevee...All is right with the world.

First big league hit in the new park (albeit in a pre-season game) was a triple, hit by the Twins' lead off hitter in the bottom of the 1st.

Looks like a vast upgrade in the menu, over the schwaggy dome grub, too!

Target Field touches all bases with food and beverages

The question is, will you guys still achieve the same level of success without the various different advantages you had with the dome...

Don't know.

The Mainers and Astros had some of the same advantages and transitioned pretty well.

The strohs did not have the great snow storms to contend with; however, a hurricance gave Zambrano a chance to no hit them at the end of a pennat race in a series that knocked the Houston boys out of contention.

Weather is fickle and affects the outcome of an entire season.

I'm a little surprised that the Sox are starting Beckett instead of Lester opening day. I fully expect Lester to be their number 1 ace this year. I guess Tito doesn't want to bruise Beckett's ego, what with the contract talks and everything.

I have a feeling Johnny Damon is going to have a big year in Detroit.

I'm a little surprised that the Sox are starting Beckett instead of Lester opening day. I fully expect Lester to be their number 1 ace this year. I guess Tito doesn't want to bruise Beckett's ego, what with the contract talks and everything.

Tito is loyal to a fault and Beckett is the leader of that staff.

Tito is loyal to a fault and Beckett is the leader of that staff.

Didn't he give Lester the ball in game 1 of the ALDS last year?

Forum List

Back