Octuplets' Mom On Welfare, Spokesman Confirms

what's the alternative? kill them? use them for spare parts?

get a grip, it's not their fault their mother is fucked in the head.
It's long PAST the time where we should have avoided this type of conundrum. Everytime we look the other way and REWARD this kind of behavior, we're reinforcing it.

How convenient that you can just pop out as many kids as you want, and if you can't afford it, no big deal because your neighbors can.

We're encouraging and enabling this kind of irresponsible behavior by rewarding it. I thought you were a conservative?

i am. i don't think that punishing the kids by withholding food and shelter from them accomplishes anything, though.

i don't know what the solution is, but i think not allowing people with no means to support children to avail themselves of fertility clinics might be a good start.

I don't think so, I think that no matter what, you will not find many women doing this....PERIOD.

Invitro fertilization has been going on 2-3 decades, we have had one case of septuplets 11 years ago and now this one set of octuplets.

All other women using fertility drugs or implantation in the usa have had less...because they have chosen to implant less or or chosen selective reduction OF THEIR OWN ACCORD...NOT because you dictated to them to do it....

This is how it SHOULD BE in a free from government over powering us, Country imo...

these cases are so few and far between!

Though, if the AMA came down with stricter guidelines of their own, for the future, if they can give sound medical reasons for such, should....there is no objection here on something like that....but to give our government a leg in the door on dictating how many children we can have or not have puts us on a road to destruction....again, imo.

Care

Hey, while we're at it paying for their expenses, how about we also form a group and go help her around the house too. We can clean for her, read the kids bedtime stories, bathe them, drive them to cheerleader and football practices. If we put enough work in for her, she might just be able to sit on her ass and do NOTHING.

I have two kids myself that are a handful, should I be expecting a check from you soon? I'll PM you my address. Thanks, Del!

It's long PAST the time where we should have avoided this type of conundrum. Everytime we look the other way and REWARD this kind of behavior, we're reinforcing it.

How convenient that you can just pop out as many kids as you want, and if you can't afford it, no big deal because your neighbors can.

We're encouraging and enabling this kind of irresponsible behavior by rewarding it. I thought you were a conservative?
Would you quit being hysterical? There is not going to be an epidemic of idiot doctors and loopy women that are going to engage in this type of behavior.

It's not this woman Willow, it is all women that I am fighting for, and the sanctity of our Constitution....

you on the other hand, would rather go down a slippery slope because IT IS ABOUT YOUR OBSESSION with this woman imho... and that ain't a pretty picture, to say the least...again, in my opinion...in fact, it is damn firghtening to read some of the stuff most all of you guys have been saying....

I can't help it, it all seems wrong and i can't knock it.

Care

What precisely frightens you? That we may take away your ability to produce 14 children you will force us to feed?

My husband and I are not able to have children, although we have spent 20 years trying...I am barren...we are childless....and in my particular case, invitro would not help.... so NO CHANCE in the world would I be able to push out all those rugrats...no worries about me on that...!!!!

And there is no doubt that my own personal situation bears some of the weight, in my staunch stance on this issue....i am not foolish enough to think that it doesn't....i know i am carrying some "baggage" on this...

So here is what I am objecting to:

All of this negative peanut gallery talk about this woman- will HURT her children MORE than if you had just minded your own business...she will get more sponsors like Gerbers and Pampers supplying her needs, than she will if the whole country is in an uproar, tizzy fit, with their noses so far up into to this woman's own personal business....with a goal to make life miserable for this woman and her children.

She has already delivered them, with no major complications, she already has 6 other children at home, and the fertility doctor already implanted the 6 embryos...only God knows why...when he had already implanted the other 6 embryos of hers for her other children?

So looking at the here and now, what would be best for these children, it would be for all of YOU to just mind your own business instead of making this woman to be the Devil Incarnate.

Then there is the issue of the McCaughey Septuplets born here in the Usa in 1998, with one child at home....there was this same debate, on how many eggs should a doctor implant and/ or how many pregnancies should the doctor ALLOW a woman to carry if she chooses....after fertility drugs or implantation takes....only it was NOT as vicious as the cold heart people of today are being, imo...

Anyway, these people got all kinds of sponsors, and live in a 6500 square foot home now and all of the kids are doing great...college funds from donations....future home funds from charity etc, though two children do have mild cases of cerebral palsy.....so I suppose they too are getting a disability check for this, no matter how well off they are now...

Mrs Mccaughey, i believe they said had 9 heartbeats, refused to reduce her load...but nature killed off 2 of them early on in pregnancy....so she delivered only 7...plus she had a daughter at home as well...

Now, my fears are, that you all want our GOVERNMENT to tell women how many children they can have or not have, and not even JUST the women having fertility treatment help...and some of you would go as far as forcing abortion on to women who do not want to abort, all in the guise of ""hey they are getting, gvt assistance so this gives me the RIGHT to dictate, how they live their lives and they better damn well live their lives, the way I would" kind of thing or attitude...

this would not be living in a democracy based on freedom and personal choices etc....and that includes each individuals personal mistakes or what may seem just bonkers to us, as long as it is not criminal....

Also, our government was never given the Power through our constitution to rule our personal reproductive choices...

And those things are just the beginning of what I object to....

Care

Thanks for sharing your situation so frankly. I remember watching a talk show program that featured couples who were childless by choice. Man, did the audience crucify them!

This is off topic, but I wonder why that is so? Personal choice seems to really piss people off. This woman chose to have 14 children. The couples on the program I mentioned chose to be childless. If you'd seen the audience reaction to the couple who chose to be childless it was a similar criticism of being selfish.

Last edited:

Would you quit being hysterical? There is not going to be an epidemic of idiot doctors and loopy women that are going to engage in this type of behavior.

There doesn't have to be an "epidemic" for it to still be wrong.

Nice spin, though. :thup:

[I'm sure she had NO IDEA that would happen, either. :rolleyes:

These kids were created for a meal ticket, and we're supposed to have financial SYMPATHY? Fuck this stupid bitch and her fucking dollar babies.

well she did say she thought god would provide.:cool:

actually i think Willow had a point.

this is all Angelinia Jolie's fault, for inspiring this new movement.

some day we may need this medical technology to repopulate the earth, after any number of natural catastrophes that the Discovery and History channels have been showing documentaries on this past month or two, is another reason for not causing a tizzy over it!!!!! :eek:

some day we may need this medical technology to repopulate the earth, after any number of natural catastrophes that the Discovery and History channels have been showing documentaries on this past month or two, is another reason for not causing a tizzy over it!!!!! :eek:

with 6 billion people...that time is a long way off...

Could be alchol fetal syndrome [sic], not sure what the equalivant of that is called for drug babies.

This guy that worked for us PT back in 1993, had a girlfriend that got an SSI check each month that almost matched what the lowest paid employee in our company recieved net a month. (none of our employees made less than 8 an hr) Her family was from CA.

She used to like to come over and hang out. We were finishing about 800 sq ft. Doing the paint and final trim. She wanted to try to paint so I gave her the roller and she started applying the paint. She said she had never painted before. She was doing a very good job at it. I asked her where did she work, what did she do. That is when she told me about her SSI, mother the alcholic, etc.. She would have attached herselves to us on a permanant basis something like a puppy dog would do.

She was a pretty thing and I must admit not super bright. But I'm kinda thinking that for her and her two siblings to be supported their entire lives by the system without ever doing anything more than becoming someones steady income check, is a bit much. There is not always places for these kind of people out there to guide them or insure they are safe, cared for, etc...So this is the type of stuff society ends up with.

Society can't just lock them away. It is not feasable and besides those civil rights come into play.

It sort of sounds like she could paint houses for a living. She offered to help you and did. That made me think maybe she felt she was missing out on being part of the work force in general. I like programs which help certain disabled people, with Down's Syndrome and etc, get jobs where trained supervisors work well with them. Some so called simple minded people actually do extremely well at jobs other people would get too bored doing to be able to do it well. I hope that girl finds a good place in the world.

Who are you talking to, RGS? I think we as a society should foot the bill for these kids because they are Americans and it isn't their fault their mother is a fruit loop.
I agree. And I think time will tell if this woman's own disability, depression, pathological loneliness and obsessive compulsive disorder won't make it impossible for the kids to remain with her.

And then of course the claims all her children should be removed from her and placed in foster care so they can be raped and brutalized and we can pay EVEN more to take care of them. All of course for the good of the children.

A good friend of mine, fostered then adopted and became a single mom of a 12 year old girl whose natural mother had some of the same mental problems as the Octo-Mom. My friend even fostered an older brother of her daughter.

No one was raped in my friend's home so on my friend's behalf and all foster parents behalf I say go fuck your miserable self, RSG.

Wasn't it Allibaba who asked for evidence about the octuplet mom being on welfare? I think WillowTree has a thank you coming. :eusa_whistle:

BTW, Nadya Suleman lied to Ann Curry on NBC about not being on welfare:

In an interview that aired Monday, Suleman told NBC "Today" show anchor Ann Curry that she does not receive welfare.

with 6 billion people...that time is a long way off...

from your mouth to God's ears!

but these programs on asteroids hitting us, gamma rays hitting us, percussion...the earth's wobble, the lining up of the planets that happens once every 26ooo years, yellowstone super V blowing and a NUMBER of other scenarios was enough to give me some pause....

to say the least!!!!!!!!! :lol:

actually i think Willow had a point.

this is all Angelinia Jolie's fault, for inspiring this new movement.

At least she adopts and hasn't gone over board so far. How many kids did the other pretty actress adopt? The Rosemary's Baby star? The one who went from Roman Polanski to Woodie Allen as boyfriends.

She has pots of money so I suppose she could afford to hire Super Nannies but she got accused of emotional distance and favoritism from some of her adopted kids.

So punish the kids? :cuckoo:

Rescue them from the mom if need be would be a better idea.

Wasn't it Allibaba who asked for evidence about the octuplet mom being on welfare? I think WillowTree has a thank you coming. :eusa_whistle:

BTW, Nadya Suleman lied to Ann Curry on NBC about not being on welfare:

In an interview that aired Monday, Suleman told NBC "Today" show anchor Ann Curry that she does not receive welfare.

yeah, she said she does not consider food stamps and SS disability checks for 3 of her children as welfare.... and technically, it is not Welfare, TANF.

but these programs on asteroids hitting us, gamma rays hitting us, percussion...the earth's wobble, the lining up of the planets that happens once every 26ooo years, yellowstone super V blowing and a NUMBER of other scenarios was enough to give me some pause....

to say the least!!!!!!!!! :lol:

just to continue this line...if one of those disasters hits...and actually takes out 2-3 billion people.

my guess - the hi-tech hospitals needed to do the invitro - let alone care for 8 stinking 1pound babies in fricking incubators for upteen months

if they were still around sure wouldn't be an efficient use of our extremely crumbled resources...

vs. the ole fashioned way.

really if your worried about mega disasters - i'd suggest mid wife training and stone age survival skills.

What precisely frightens you? That we may take away your ability to produce 14 children you will force us to feed?

My husband and I are not able to have children, although we have spent 20 years trying...I am barren...we are childless....and in my particular case, invitro would not help.... so NO CHANCE in the world would I be able to push out all those rugrats...no worries about me on that...!!!!

And there is no doubt that my own personal situation bears some of the weight, in my staunch stance on this issue....i am not foolish enough to think that it doesn't....i know i am carrying some "baggage" on this...

So here is what I am objecting to:

All of this negative peanut gallery talk about this woman- will HURT her children MORE than if you had just minded your own business...she will get more sponsors like Gerbers and Pampers supplying her needs, than she will if the whole country is in an uproar, tizzy fit, with their noses so far up into to this woman's own personal business....with a goal to make life miserable for this woman and her children.

She has already delivered them, with no major complications, she already has 6 other children at home, and the fertility doctor already implanted the 6 embryos...only God knows why...when he had already implanted the other 6 embryos of hers for her other children?

So looking at the here and now, what would be best for these children, it would be for all of YOU to just mind your own business instead of making this woman to be the Devil Incarnate.

Then there is the issue of the McCaughey Septuplets born here in the Usa in 1998, with one child at home....there was this same debate, on how many eggs should a doctor implant and/ or how many pregnancies should the doctor ALLOW a woman to carry if she chooses....after fertility drugs or implantation takes....only it was NOT as vicious as the cold heart people of today are being, imo...

Anyway, these people got all kinds of sponsors, and live in a 6500 square foot home now and all of the kids are doing great...college funds from donations....future home funds from charity etc, though two children do have mild cases of cerebral palsy.....so I suppose they too are getting a disability check for this, no matter how well off they are now...

Mrs Mccaughey, i believe they said had 9 heartbeats, refused to reduce her load...but nature killed off 2 of them early on in pregnancy....so she delivered only 7...plus she had a daughter at home as well...

Now, my fears are, that you all want our GOVERNMENT to tell women how many children they can have or not have, and not even JUST the women having fertility treatment help...and some of you would go as far as forcing abortion on to women who do not want to abort, all in the guise of ""hey they are getting, gvt assistance so this gives me the RIGHT to dictate, how they live their lives and they better damn well live their lives, the way I would" kind of thing or attitude...

this would not be living in a democracy based on freedom and personal choices etc....and that includes each individuals personal mistakes or what may seem just bonkers to us, as long as it is not criminal....

Also, our government was never given the Power through our constitution to rule our personal reproductive choices...

And those things are just the beginning of what I object to....

Care

Thanks for sharing your situation so frankly. I remember watching a talk show program that featured couples who were childless by choice. Man, did the audience crucify them!

This is off topic, but I wonder why that is so? Personal choice seems to really piss people off. This woman chose to have 14 children. The couples on the program I mentioned chose to be childless. If you'd seen the audience reaction to the couple who chose to be childless it was a similar criticism of being selfish.

that's not what bothers me, what bothers me is she "chose" to let us feed them and pay their bills.. I chose not to have 14 children cause I knew I could not feed and clothe and educate them and i didn't want to stick your ass with that responsibility..

Forum List

Back