Octuplets' Mom On Welfare, Spokesman Confirms

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
LOS ANGELES — The Southern California mother of octuplets receives $490 a month in food stamps and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed Monday evening.

Spokesman Michael Furtney said Nadya Suleman did not want to disclose the nature of the disabilities, or the type or sum of the payments.

Furtney confirmed the public assistance payments after two sources told The Los Angeles Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom On Welfare, Spokesman Confirms - Pregnancy

so we are on welfare,, and food stamps,, and we took some of the !65,000.00 we received in worker's comp and paid for in vitro fertilization to produce these eight... Outstanding Mom!

An in-vitro procedure typically costs between $8,000 and $15,000. Asked on NBC how she was able to afford the treatments, Suleman said she had saved money and used some of the more than $165,000 in disability payments she received after being injured in a 1999 riot at a state mental hospital where she worked.

Last edited:
Good for her! nothing like a mom who lives at home with her own mom to pump out 16 kids and be on welfare and food stamps

lol....I wanna see video footage of that tape of her first date

Man- So what do you do for a living

Woman- I am a stay at home mom

Man-. O really, thats nice you have children, how many?

Woman- 37 kids

Woman- Jack, where are you goi..Jack..JACK!!!!!!!!!! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE I DONT KNOW WHERE I AM!

LOS ANGELES — The Southern California mother of octuplets receives $490 a month in food stamps and three of her first six children are disabled and receiving federal assistance, her publicist confirmed Monday evening.

Spokesman Michael Furtney said Nadya Suleman did not want to disclose the nature of the disabilities, or the type or sum of the payments.

Furtney confirmed the public assistance payments after two sources told The Los Angeles Times that Suleman was receiving food stamps and federal supplemental security income

FOXNews.com - Octuplets' Mom On Welfare, Spokesman Confirms - Pregnancy

I'm wrong again. I was certain she was independently wealthy and was planning on supporting her kids without our help.

Could be alchol fetal syndrome [sic], not sure what the equalivant of that is called for drug babies.

This guy that worked for us PT back in 1993, had a girlfriend that got an SSI check each month that almost matched what the lowest paid employee in our company recieved net a month. (none of our employees made less than 8 an hr) Her family was from CA.

She used to like to come over and hang out. We were finishing about 800 sq ft. Doing the paint and final trim. She wanted to try to paint so I gave her the roller and she started applying the paint. She said she had never painted before. She was doing a very good job at it. I asked her where did she work, what did she do. That is when she told me about her SSI, mother the alcholic, etc.. She would have attached herselves to us on a permanant basis something like a puppy dog would do.

She was a pretty thing and I must admit not super bright. But I'm kinda thinking that for her and her two siblings to be supported their entire lives by the system without ever doing anything more than becoming someones steady income check, is a bit much. There is not always places for these kind of people out there to guide them or insure they are safe, cared for, etc...So this is the type of stuff society ends up with.

Society can't just lock them away. It is not feasable and besides those civil rights come into play.

Let me get this right? You support paying disability to disabled children EXCEPT when you think the mom has to many kids? You support paying disability to someone injured on the job EXCEPT when it is a woman that has more kids then you think she should have? You support Food Stamps, EXCEPT when it is to a woman that you think has to many kids?

Do I have all that right?

Remind me how in the other thread you all were screaming at the top of your lungs you wanted what is best for the kids, while now you are whining that children with disabilities should not receive payment because you think the mom has to many kids.

Once again to restate, YOU ALL think someone with a valid disability should not receive payment for that disability if she has some magic number of kids over what ever YOU decide is acceptable?

You all think children with valid disabilities should have the payments stopped because the mom had more kids. Do I have that about right?

Who are you talking to, RGS? I think we as a society should foot the bill for these kids because they are Americans and it isn't their fault their mother is a fruit loop.

Who are you talking to, RGS? I think we as a society should foot the bill for these kids because they are Americans and it isn't their fault their mother is a fruit loop.

Then you would be in the minority and failed to pay attention in the other thread where everyone was claiming she should not get one penny no matter what she was getting it for.

And then of course the claims all her children should be removed from her and placed in foster care so they can be raped and brutalized and we can pay EVEN more to take care of them. All of course for the good of the children.

I guess it doesn't matter that Food Stamps is not part of Federal Welfare-TANF which is Health and Human services spending....and food stamps is the Agriculture department/Bill spending, according to our government....? :lol:

Let me get this right? You support paying disability to disabled children EXCEPT when you think the mom has to many kids? You support paying disability to someone injured on the job EXCEPT when it is a woman that has more kids then you think she should have? You support Food Stamps, EXCEPT when it is to a woman that you think has to many kids?

Remind me how in the other thread you all were screaming at the top of your lungs you wanted what is best for the kids, while now you are whining that children with disabilities should not receive payment because you think the mom has to many kids.

Once again to restate, YOU ALL think someone with a valid disability should not receive payment for that disability if she has some magic number of kids over what ever YOU decide is acceptable?

You all think children with valid disabilities should have the payments stopped because the mom had more kids. Do I have that about right?

Would you please marry this woman and get her off our backs? Thanks in Advance.

Then you would be in the minority and failed to pay attention in the other thread where everyone was claiming she should not get one penny no matter what she was getting it for.

And then of course the claims all her children should be removed from her and placed in foster care so they can be raped and brutalized and we can pay EVEN more to take care of them. All of course for the good of the children.

not what I said, firstly Mom is a bald faced liar, she claimed for two weeks she got no assistance,, secondly I said the DUmb Doctor who impregnated the DUmb woman should be sued for child support..

How dare ANYONE, with a child that is disabled, receive some SS disability money!!! hmmm and this money was for some of the children that came out disabled, where she only had ONE egg IMPLANTED?

I wonder who delivers the most disabled children in our country if it even can be segmented? Drug users? People with their own inherent problems? Women delivering prematurely? Women getting invitro done?

i don't know?

care

Send me a current pic -I'll see what I can do. :lol:

It's not this woman Willow, it is all women that I am fighting for, and the sanctity of our Constitution....

you on the other hand, would rather go down a slippery slope because IT IS ABOUT YOUR OBSESSION with this woman imho... and that ain't a pretty picture, to say the least...again, in my opinion...in fact, it is damn firghtening to read some of the stuff most all of you guys have been saying....

I can't help it, it all seems wrong and i can't knock it.

Care

Forum List

Back